Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
All of them got a fair bit of hype.
Well I’m pretty sure most of them barely played. So if it’s just post draft hype, that’s not really the same thing.

Educated football watchers rate Bryan and Jones after watching them at AFL level.

Well I’m pretty sure most of them barely played. So if it’s just post draft hype, that’s not really the same thing.

Educated football watchers rate Bryan and Jones after watching them at AFL level.

Ashby, Van Unen, Gleeson, Kommer and Gregory. I don’t remember being excited.

Pretty sure Van Unen copped the "who the fu** is" treatment and Gleeson was barely a sprout. Gregory had a little "next Fletch for a steal" buzz.
DVU was a guy that wasn't actually that good at VFL level yet got drafted anyway.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Draper and Bryan can only learn by watching 2MP and Phillips. Both playing their arses off for both Club and careers.
People should not underestimate the value these two have been for us so far.

42 hit outs 😱 did the other team even have a ruckman?

Nick Bryan
Stats: 14 disposals, 42 hitouts, two marks

“Good game from Nick - 42 hitouts is a really good effort. He was in a lot of aerial contests which is something he's working on, trying to get to as many contests as he can. He marked the ball and his hitouts to advantage really set us up throughout the day."

Oct 6, 2020
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Essendon
Very close to senior selection.

I'd bring him in for Tigers. Let Nank and Draper go at it and when they bring in their relief ruck we bring in Bryan.

I'd trial him and Wright in the same forward line and really put pressure on them in the air while Draper is in the middle and then when he needs a rest go a bit smaller.

Back