Preview Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants @ the Gabba, Saturday 29 May 2021, 2:10 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Even with their injuries I think the Giants have one of the better midfields that we will have played against this year.

Will be another big test for us.
This is the crucial part of the puzzle . They'll be trying to get it in quick and they have the cattle to do it if they get on top.

Not overly worried though . Can't see them limiting us to a losing score provided we can break even in the M/F

Sproule and Finlayson can be matched with Birchall and Starcevich. Madden goes to Bobby hill. Flynn and Himmelberg can be handled by Andrews and Adams.

Looks ok on paper.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sproule and Finlayson can be matched with Birchall and Starcevich. Madden goes to Bobby hill. Flynn and Himmelberg can be handled by Andrews and Adams.

Looks ok on paper.
Conversley.........I can see much arm chopping going on in their backline.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Harris will have to float off his man quite a bit i'd say.
edc5a6123b2e40af47d3b1c928436a1f.gif

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ballenden been playing the loose kicking role in the VFL most weeks from what I saw
So Carter and him are playing Rich/Birchall role.
B Smith/Briskey seem to be KPD.
I thought they may bring Brock Smith in this week. not sure how tall he be I say low 190's

Conversley.........I can see much arm chopping going on in their backline.

Yeah their genuine backline tall who can play lockdown is Buckley.
No Sam Taylor either. They're ****ed.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Ballenden been playing the loose kicking role in the VFL most weeks from what I saw
So Carter and him are playing Rich/Birchall role.
B Smith/Briskey seem to be KPD.
I thought they may bring Brock Smith in this week. not sure how tall he be I say low 190's
Was 189cm when drafted. Same height as Prior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Both midfields are fairy strong but I think we should be better at the ‘spread’ on the outside. Our forward line is at full strength and humming and theirs is still good but not at our level. Our backline has key outs in Gardiner and Lester but theirs is well undermanned. Again stronger. The old ‘on paper’ says we should win but it will be between the ears. We’ve had two days extra rest and that really cannot be undersold and is critical IMO. I think it will be won and lost depending on our defensive ability of our midfield to push back and help out our undersized backline.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Credibility - thats what we are playing for. We are at home, their injury list is a lot longer than ours we should win by 5 or 6 goals. We have been quietly going about our business this year and are building into the season. We were expected to win against Richmond and did and the Gabba is our fortress again. Things for a good side are going along just fine. A good win is expected, we will deliver, the media will just say ho-hum, we will go on about our business and the next headline we will see is Neale, Berry, Payne, and Lester are available. I like us as a 'Brand' we are a credible unit this year, I like it even more the hype is else where for the Melbourne centric media. We are the quite achievers exactly what Fagan would like us to be.

Ralphy2017

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah their genuine backline tall who can play lockdown is Buckley.
No Sam Taylor either. They're f’ed.
100% their gone. Missing too many key and important players, and at the GABBA this is a win, the question is by how many?

The Zork

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Our forwardline stretches their backline more than their forwardline stretches our backline.
Their mids maybe shades ours.
Gabba factor.
21 point win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back