2nds Port Adelaide vs West Adelaide - Round 8 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Hammer at present is behind Mayes and Goldsack. That's where his afl career is at unless he rips a couple of games apart. We know he has the talent to do that of course but until he does he looks a useful sanfl player.

Hartlett played a good first half, crap third with a few out on the fulls, free kick against and turnover. then was actually a starting centre circle mid in the last where he won the first clearence that didnt do much else. Watched his game carefully and as others have said the intensity wasnt there. He was a floating hbf up to the wing in the first half. Not much pressure applied by the opposition and loads of time to distribute let him hit targets. Didnt have pace to tackle and the lack of pressure wouldnt resonate at AFL level

Burgoyne had a lot of loopy kicks that didnt hit targets and does look like a twig, just needs muscle and experience

Frederick reminded me of Kane Mitchell. Oh so excited when he has the ball but disposal was woeful tried doing so much with spins and dance steps. Calm down fella we know you have flare

Saw Williams chase hard hit packs got a run down tackle free should of probably had two more. With better delivery i think he could kick 3+ regularly.

Mark my word we will losr Garner and Hayes if we dont give them opportunity this year. Way too good to be playing in the B team.

Goldsacks agility was a touch of fresh air F50

Goldsack agility lol.

Garner has had a great couple of games but was woeful at the beginning of the season. Good to see him doing well but suggesting other clubs will poach him is laughable.

These Magpies threads get moved off the main board so quickly - would be great to keep them there until maybe the Monday following the weekend!
I normally move it when I get home, but I can leave it up until Monday if you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all due respect, why is it moved at all?
The Maggies sub forum is used to file the finished games threads in a place for historical purposes.

To be honest during the last quarter I caught myself wondering whether Goldsack would be a more dangerous third tall forward than Marshall for the rest of this year.
That's a bit extreme, but if we want to win the SANFL flag he should play forward. Him and Sutcliffe.

That's a bit extreme, but if we want to win the SANFL flag he should play forward. Him and Sutcliffe.
I wonder what happens if Ladhams and Surman comes back into the side later to go with Lord, Edwards, Weidemann and Goldsack. Corcoran was tagging in the middle today, Lienert was left down back by himself. Then when he came off, Edwards and Weidemann were down back.

Lord has a terrific frame to develop into some sort of key forward. He’s already broad across the shoulders despite being lean and gangly. His marking from kick-ins across HB is pretty consistent and impressive. Hope he can start pulling down some similarly big marks inside 50. Better still if he can lead and take some uncontested marks too.

Lord has a terrific frame to develop into some sort of key forward. He’s already broad across the shoulders despite being lean and gangly. His marking from kick-ins across HB is pretty consistent and impressive. Hope he can start pulling down some similarly big marks inside 50. Better still if he can lead and take some uncontested marks too.

Yep I have high hopes for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back