Remove this Banner Ad

PeacefulWarrior

Premiership Player
Suspended
Apr 2, 2010
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hartlett doesn't return to AFL on that effort, Garner far more impressive as a defender.

Lienert sat out second half injured, no explanation.

Mayes looks a class above SANFL, he looks like an AFL midfielder.

Hayes too tall for SANFL opponents, but might struggle against players his own size.

Jase needs to load up on la spaghetti, he has legs like a bird! But he has vision, skill and looks unflustered.

Don't see anything in Taj that Snelling didn't offer.

Lord is promising, needs to fill out but has good proportions.

spot on

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've been pleasantly surprised by what we've been getting from the top up players this year. Before the season I had fears we'd be bottom 2 material but they've all been contributing nicely and don't look out of their depth
Waits for new SANFL laws that top ups from next year on have to have a positive spud test.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Lord has a terrific frame to develop into some sort of key forward. He’s already broad across the shoulders despite being lean and gangly. His marking from kick-ins across HB is pretty consistent and impressive. Hope he can start pulling down some similarly big marks inside 50. Better still if he can lead and take some uncontested marks too.
The only negative today was that our gameplan kicked down the line to him in a Dixon like 3 v 1 contest several times and the majority just ended up intercepted. He's a good kid, but he doesn't have the body to compete in those situations yet, and our game plan should not even put that sort of pressure on him.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Lienert sat out second half injured, no explanation.
Was involved in a collision on the outer wing which looked like he might’ve hurt his jaw or shoulder. Honestly can't remember the exact hit, but do remember the moment and that he was on the deck for a bit.

Hopefully though he was just pulled to be tomorrow's emergency.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've just assumed we'd drop games because of all our injuries. Are we playing above our list?

Should Lokan be promoted to AFL assistant next year?
The top-ups are playing a very cohesive, team-oriented style of footy. Weideman, Wildman, Moore, Strange, Corcoran and the like have gelled very well with the AFL-listed players.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Was involved in a collision on the outer wing which looked like he might’ve hurt his jaw or shoulder. Honestly can't remember the exact hit, but do remember the moment and that he was on the deck for a bit.

Hopefully though he was just pulled to be tomorrow's emergency.
Not on his past two week's form.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Best:
Garner - bog by the length of he Nullarbor. Past 3 or 4 games top shelf.
Frederick - poised, composed, looked a class above.
Sutcliffe - we knock him, but was the difference between a win and a loss.
Goldy - serviceable down back and electrifying when sent forward in the last half.
Weidemann - good at both ends.
Hayes - pantsed in 1st half, but dominated from midway thru the 3rd, coinciding with us running over the Bloods in the finish.

Good signs:
Lord - great kick for goal.
Edwards and Williams- did some really good things. Both under rated. Need to get more of it though.
Top ups - generally adapting reaaly well to AFL game style.

Disappointing:
Hartlett - seagull posessions. Refused to man up, tackle, chase. Shanked several kicks as usual. Lol that Ken thought he did well today. Miles off of a recall, if we are serious as a club.
Lienert - appalling two weeks running. Topped off by an injury
Game plan - hugged the boundary like a long lost relative.
Energy - like a replay of Power v Woods game. Absolutely flat as tacks out there.
Manning up - West ran rings around us we just did not chase. Better teams will smash usif we don't remedy this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
That's fine but it is wrong to say he was poor. He was clearly one of our best players.
:rolleyes:
I clearly went to the wrong game today.
Looked forward to him smashing it with 35 quality, hard earnt disposals.
I saw a lacklustre, couldn't give a flying rat's tossbag attitude, and cruddy disposal.
Massive letdown.

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
:rolleyes:
I clearly went to the wrong game today.
Looked forward to him smashing it with 35 quality, hard earnt disposals.
I saw a lacklustre, couldn't give a flying rat's tossbag attitude, and cruddy disposal.
Massive letdown.
Wrong. He played well. He was never going to get 35 touches playing as a half back. I'm not sure why people such as yourself hold these preconceived negative notions about our players. I don't see how it brings you joy or is helpful at all.

Is he flying at the moment? No. Did he come into this game and give it his all? Absolutely. His quarter time talk to the players was fantastic and showed a guy who came down to the lower level with a positive attitude to help the younger guys in the squad.

Also his disposal was largely fantastic and hit some difficult targets.

Just a completely rubbish take.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Great to see the lads got up again probably only channel 7 game this yr and I miss FFS .
I'm definitely keen to get Garner in at some stage.

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Garner was fantastic today.
He was the general back there.
Intercepted awesomely all day, took a hanger, disposal was spot on. Always seemed to be at the right spot at the right time. His reading of the play was great!

Based on what i saw of him today he shouldn't be far off an AFL game. BOG by the length of the flemington.
Mayes played very well but i thought Joel was robbed of the BOG award

Remove this Banner Ad

Back