Review Dogs Lose to Demons by 28 - Rd 11, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you care? They are liking and laughing at posts we all know to be true.
There's a reason there were so little melts on here after the loss. Demons are a good side, but they were basically at full strength, jumped us early and scored heavily from uncharacteristic turnovers yet only won by 5 goals. We've all seen what our team is capable of, I don't think there's much to be concerned about. If they think that's funny, well, good on 'em I guess. It's not really the attitude I'd have following a club so starved of any success but each to their own.
What's more, a lot of our posters race over to oppo boards when we win and come back and report it in our Darndest Things thread..

I guess it's good to get some perspective especially how oppo fans assess our wins over them, but the gloating is just silly schoolyard stuff. I really don't get it. For the same reason I also couldn't give a s**t what the oppo fans think or do.

Burns me to no end that the Demons are better than us.

It's a long season. Take heart from the fact that they won by a relatively modest 28 after being 27 in front at quarter time. They had close to their best side in, we are missing 3 guns (Treloar, Dunkley, McLean) + our first choice ruck. We can come at them in the finals, they will be uncomfortable with facing us.

Burns me to no end that the Demons are better than us.

Not sure you can draw that conclusion. One team has pretty much their strongest team available each week, the other is having its depth profoundly tested. They were gifted goals from uncharacteristically bad skill errors, some under little pressure (despite the rhetoric around them bringing some extraordinary amount of pressure).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What's more, a lot of our posters race over to oppo boards when we win and come back and report it in our Darndest Things thread..

I guess it's good to get some perspective especially how oppo fans assess our wins over them, but the gloating is just silly schoolyard stuff. I really don't get it. For the same reason I also couldn't give a sh*t what the oppo fans think or do.
Yep I'm with you on that. Don't get it all. Couldn't care less.
By getting so worked up about it, gives them exactly what they want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the Dees worked us out coming out of the backline. Cordy, with his god-awful limited kicking was left as the kicker.

Any influence by Daniel and Williams was negated very early in the game

I guess it's good to get some perspective especially how oppo fans assess our wins over them, but the gloating is just silly schoolyard stuff. I really don't get it. For the same reason I also couldn't give a sh*t what the oppo fans think or do.
I only go over if they come here first or are being little sh*ts on the main board. And I don't actually comment or react on their board.

Sometimes it's interesting to see what lesser beings think.

Coaches' votes. No surprises there.

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne

9 Max Gawn (MELB)
9 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
4 James Harmes (MELB)
4 Jake Lever (MELB)
3 Christian Petracca (MELB)
1 Tom McDonald (MELB)

For those saying that we didn't make any changes:

What makes you think that we didn't? The fact that you didn't see it? Much harder to see what's going on off the ball when you're watching on TV. I'd be astounded if we didn't try a few things.
The media commentary and reviews of analysts agree with many of the comments on here...we may have shuffled a few players into different positions but we persisted all night with a game style that didn't resemble what we've been doing for the rest of the games this season. Melbourne stacked the corridor with players and we did what they wanted us to do...we went sideways, backwards and across the ground. The opposite of the way we've played other games this year.

Beveridge was outcoached. Pure and simple in my view. Bevo is a very good coach but so too is Goodwin and his team. On the weekend they adjusted their plan (by filling the corridor) to disrupt ours and it worked. Once more...we had no obvious plan B.

Coaches' votes. No surprises there.

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne

9 Max Gawn (MELB)
9 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
4 James Harmes (MELB)

4 Jake Lever (MELB)
3 Christian Petracca (MELB)
1 Tom McDonald (MELB)
25/30 of the votes went to Melbourne's starting centre bounce and ruck set up. :openmouth:not

The media commentary and reviews of analysts agree with many of the comments on here...we may have shuffled a few players into different positions but we persisted all night with a game style that didn't resemble what we've been doing for the rest of the games this season. Melbourne stacked the corridor with players and we did what they wanted us to do...we went sideways, backwards and across the ground. The opposite of the way we've played other games this year.

Beveridge was outcoached. Pure and simple in my view. Bevo is a very good coach but so too is Goodwin and his team. On the weekend they adjusted their plan (by filling the corridor) to disrupt ours and it worked. Once more...we had no obvious plan B.
They listened to Mick McGuane

The problem is that we are just not patient enough.

For some reason we believe our own hype and that we can continually pull off high risk kicks.

Daniel is the worst. Instead of getting 2 or 3 players to a spot along the line and kicking it to them, he ducks and dodges then tries a high kick accross half back, which Melbourne were waiting for.

The time to try those kicks are in the last quarter when the opposition are tiring, not in the first quarter which ensured we were 5 goals down at quarter time, which put us under further pressure to score as the game went on.

Our awareness of what was going on in the match was diabolically poor on Friday.

It is amazing how great players magically become when they aren’t playing.

Considering the number of people lamenting his absence Ryan Gardner’s recent injury has led to an apparent improvement of epic proportions not seen since the days of Corey McKernan or Paul Salmon.

Conversely the amount of criticism poor Zaine Cordy cops is at the opposite end of the spectrum. Despite him being a much more accomplished player.

Cordy made more positively impactful actions in the first quarter last night than Gardner has thus far been able to achieve in his best 4 quarter game.

Get a grip people. Gardner is currently a big guy who can run around a lot, punch the ball away and perhaps mark it if nobody else is around. Yes he is improving and may get better still but when your start is that bad the only way to go is up. He may get back into the side but he needs to improve a lot more before we talk about him being the missing link.
I was just about to write the same thing... We are talking about Gardner here, not peak Brian Lake or Dale Morris. Gardner had improved but only to the extent that he had developed into a very average backline player. I don’t think his time out has had a detrimental effect on the team at all.??

I was just about to write the same thing... We are talking about Gardner here, not peak Brian Lake or Dale Morris. Gardner had improved but only to the extent that he had developed into a very average backline player. I don’t think his time out has had a detrimental effect on the team at all.??

He would seem a likely type to match up on Tom McDonald though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back