Autopsy 22 point win over Carlton - Rd 11, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Peculiar game with a lot of momentum swings and ebbs and flows.
Just way to many frees given away Dawson needs to learn to roll opponenets.
Mclean is a headscratcher, McCartin i get is a first year KPD but could of had 7 kicked on him today playing way to far behind his opponent.
Stephens its all been said im neither here or there with him i dont know what his future holds could be he has already checked out?
To much kicking straight to Weitering for my liking from experienced players as well.
Cunningham! Cunningham!

In the end was a pretty good win without our best player.

Mclean is a headscratcher, McCartin i get is a first year KPD but could of had 7 kicked on him today playing way to far behind his opponent.
Stephens its all been said im neither here or there with him i dont know what his future holds could be he has already checked out?
To much kicking straight to Weitering for my liking from experienced players as well.
Cunningham! Cunningham!

Hickey? Not sure he is in our best 5 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's goo. Solid win. We need to back it up v stkilda and hawks.

Need Reid, gulden, McDonald, Campbell, fox back in asap. Will make us so much better.

Mclean for now is only a good back up. He does his best work 1 v 1 Infront of his man. When he's been asked to do work higher up the ground, he's been exposed.

Mccartin needs to stop playing from behind. He plays his best footy leading his man to the ball. Almost best to play him on the third tall.

Special mention to wicks, Dawso, harry and Hayward. Solid games. Love sinkers too, he's almost done but love his heart.

Brand did well, but he's only depth at this point.

Stephens... Get him into the weight room full time and throw him into a UFC ring, slap him across the head a couple times. Imo you can't teach courage, but we need to take our chances. No wonder the blues wanted him.

Three issues coming out of a good win:

1. we do need another KPD.

2. McLean two stinkers in a row. Out.

3. Mills gooly punch = a week. Silly.

Heeney, Harry - great games.

Wicks brought agro. Liked it.

Criticism of Stephens not warranted. Did some good stuff, messed up a few times. But was a contributor & is skilful.

We won't win a game with Sinkers as our number one ruckman anymore. Add to that each player listed as an in are just pure reserve players in any team in the AFL.

We couldn't Freo last week so we won't get any closer to Carlton with that team. After being 4 & 0 we have since veen 2 & 4 from our lasr 6 with one of those wins by 2 points against a Cat team that totally dominated us in every stat. I think it will be ugly for us from here on in.

6 wins to round 10. We wont win more than 3 or 4 more games for the rest of the season with the shallow list we have. We lost to GC by 45 points with a much stronger team.

ZslCYQFE.jpg

Cunningham! Cunningham!

The two tackles Dawson gave away were to Cripps. Cripps dropped the ball when tackled the dived forward. That is diving. It should be outlawed. There is nothing the tackling player can do when the player being tackled dives forward. He holds the tackling player's arm to draw him forward with him. It is a very old trick. This movement was outlawed in the SANFL many years ago and called a dive and frees were awarded to the tackling player.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think our ins did really well this week.

Sinclair played well despite him being limited, Brand was a good 3rd defender and JMac just has this class about him that I can't explain

The two tackles Dawson gave away were to Cripps. Cripps dropped the ball when tackled the dived forward. That is diving. It should be outlawed. There is nothing the tackling player can do when the player being tackled dives forward. He holds the tackling player's arm to draw him forward with him. It is a very old trick. This movement was outlawed in the SANFL many years ago and called a dive and frees were awarded to the tackling player.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yer but those are always paid i have a feeling it was purposely done as Cripps has a stuffed back.

Damn, you lot are depressing! Swans by 22!
Hey, hey, hey... do I win some kind of prize for that?! It's gotta be my first correct guess in the last couple of years!

Good game, good win!

A fit Heeney makes a significant difference in our team.

Hope Bud's okay...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back