Gym & Misc CrossFit

Remove this Banner Ad

My box has been testing our 1rms the last couple of weeks. So far I've got:

200kg deadlift (equalled pb)
145kg back squat (previously 140)
110kg front squat (previously 100)
85kg clean and jerk (previously 80)

2 day same sex pairs competition coming up over the weekend. Six workouts over the 2 days.

Last edited:
First in the Masters division.

Gee if over 35s is masters what would my division be if I did it, I'm 61... or should I have been long retired?

I think there's an old farts division. But seriously, there were people in their 60s and even 70s yesterday.

raskolnikov i went to my first proper crossfit class last night. that s**t was hard as *. i have been going to a crossfit gym for a while but was only doing their "bootcamp" style workouts (no barbell stuff and a lot more cardio). thought i should get into the proper stuff. i dont know how ya's do it tbh i was dead half way through

raskolnikov i went to my first proper crossfit class last night. that sh*t was hard as fu**. i have been going to a crossfit gym for a while but was only doing their "bootcamp" style workouts (no barbell stuff and a lot more cardio). thought i should get into the proper stuff. i dont know how ya's do it tbh i was dead half way through

You'll get used to it quickly. I could hardly move after my first CrossFit workout. Just make sure you scale properly, which a good coach should help you with. I've seen guys come to my gym to do Crossfit too proud to scale. They don't last long. They finish the workout the same time as the experienced guys but everyone knows that when counting their reps they just went, " One, two, twenty".

Last edited:
watched a bit of the games over the weekend, geez thats an easy way to make you feel bad about your fitness. some absolute machines there

Do you mean the Torian Pro? I watched most of it as a few friends were competing. One of them has made it to the CrossFit Games in the US later in the year.

How brutal was that workout where they had to pull the sled? One of my friends got a few centimetres away but just got cut off so had to do another round. Ouch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't catch what it was called but that must have been it. It's like a qualifier for the proper games yeah? I've never watched anything like that before. Was pretty impressive

Yep. Some real beasts.

Did Murph today.

Screenshot_20210615-203354_Samsung Internet.jpg

Today's workout.

Screenshot_20210618-172828_SugarWOD.jpg
I loved this workout.

Double Under practice this morning. Got 100 unbroken. We then did this workout.

Screenshot_20210629-111326_SugarWOD.jpg

SA DB = single arm dumbbell
DU = double unders

The airdyne has to be my least favourite movement. It sucks so bad.

CQ Team Cup coming up on Saturday. 3 workouts during the day. Teams of 4. I'm in a team in the Masters division.

47:13

I broke it up into 20 rounds of
5 pull ups
10 pushups
15 squats
Solid time. I did it about 6 months ago for the first and only time and did 44.30. Genuinely thought i was going to puke at the end. Think i went hard on pull ups and push ups (sets of 10-20 and 40-50) as they are strengths. Might have to give it another go in the next few weeks.

Solid time. I did it about 6 months ago for the first and only time and did 44.30. Genuinely thought i was going to puke at the end. Think i went hard on pull ups and push ups (sets of 10-20 and 40-50) as they are strengths. Might have to give it another go in the next few weeks.

Did you do strict pull ups or kipping ones?

Strict, i dont even think i can do kipping (i dont do crossfit so havent learned the technique)

Pretty impressive with strict pull ups. Kipping is so much easier than strict when you have the technique. I can do butterfly pull ups but prefer not to. Too much stress on the rotator cuff for me.

Our team placed 3rd in the Masters division. Here's me doing some chest2bars.
20210711_142903.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back