A Section Premier section 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a side note, my Lions on the weekend played a very cagey and timid style of footy in the first half. I did see some improvement in endeavour during the second half but by this stage (late in the game) OMs had barely 18 fit players on the ground and I must say, Collegians also had a few carrying niggles late on in the game.

Collegians will continue to rue inaccurate goal kicking but hopefully this week with a trip to Bulleen Road to take on Old Trinity (fingers crossed).

Just a side note, my Lions on the weekend played a very cagey and timid style of footy in the first half. I did see some improvement in endeavour during the second half but by this stage (late in the game) OMs had barely 18 fit players on the ground and I must say, Collegians also had a few carrying niggles late on in the game.

Collegians will continue to rue inaccurate goal kicking but hopefully this week with a trip to Bulleen Road to take on Old Trinity (fingers crossed).
When was the last time Collegians played in Premier B ? Asking for a friend.

When was the last time Collegians played in Premier B ? Asking for a friend.

2006 - we won the premiership that season in B grade against Old Brighton.

We were in A section from 1981-1998. Then B section from 1999-2000. C section from 2001-2003. B section in 2004. A in 2005 and then back to B in 2006 prior to being in A section since 2007.

Hippbet Odds:

SkobAFL- $1.90
Blues- $3.50
Claret & Stout - $5.80
Brighton - $15.00
Melbourne - $41.00
Caulfield - $71.00
Rest - $5001.00

SkobAFL look hard to beat. Will they inject more ex AFL talent like Waite in soon? How to stop Boyd and Jok? Billy the K..Kid, Ross, Wallis...oozing talent and depth.
Blues are shaky..but when on, they are on. Names like Harper, O’Shea, Goodard are all Ayce.
Xavs loom strong again this year. A lot of home grown talent starting to shine through. Will be there at the pointy end.
Brighton are my only other real chance. Verney is a gun. Zimmerman and Hill always elite.
Exciting Times ahead.

Hippbet Odds:

SkobAFL- $1.90
Blues- $3.50
Claret & Stout - $5.80
Brighton - $15.00
Melbourne - $41.00
Caulfield - $71.00
Rest - $5001.00

SkobAFL look hard to beat. Will they inject more ex AFL talent like Waite in soon? How to stop Boyd and Jok? Billy the K..Kid, Ross, Wallis...oozing talent and depth.
Blues are shaky..but when on, they are on. Names like Harper, O’Shea, Goodard are all Ayce.
Xavs loom strong again this year. A lot of home grown talent starting to shine through. Will be there at the pointy end.
Brighton are my only other real chance. Verney is a gun. Zimmerman and Hill always elite.
Exciting Times ahead.
Who knows when the pointy end is , sad no Briza anymore to inform us

Hippbet Odds:

SkobAFL- $1.90
Blues- $3.50
Claret & Stout - $5.80
Brighton - $15.00
Melbourne - $41.00
Caulfield - $71.00
Rest - $5001.00

Exciting Times ahead.
Xavs $5.80 - The more you bet the more you win. 2 teams can win and neither of thems name is Uni Blues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Brighton v University Blues - At home just.
Old Scotch v Old Xaverians - Xavs well eventually pull away.
Caulfield v Old Trinity - Should be way too good at home.
St Bernards v Collegians - Snowdogs just, if they kick straight.
St Kevins v Old Melburnians - Should do this comfortably enough.

Managed to listen to the Collegians v St Bernards game on Saturday and watched the broadcast later on.

Collegians kicked the first 3 of the game and looked good. Then Bernards kicked the next 8 and the game was basically done after that.

My Lions will also hurt with guns Hibbins, Michie, Morgan and promising youngster McLeary looking to spend either the rest of the season on the sidelines or considerable portions of it from the stands.

We are now 2 games from safety and it will be a tough ask with SKOB and Xavs in the next two weeks.

Just quietly, Xavs look to have a genuine plethora of talent down at Toorak Park. I counted 6 of their reserves side on the weekend as having played either VFL or AFL football. A luxury for James Byrne and his coaching staff.

Managed to listen to the Collegians v St Bernards game on Saturday and watched the broadcast later on.

Collegians kicked the first 3 of the game and looked good. Then Bernards kicked the next 8 and the game was basically done after that.

My Lions will also hurt with guns Hibbins, Michie, Morgan and promising youngster McLeary looking to spend either the rest of the season on the sidelines or considerable portions of it from the stands.

We are now 2 games from safety and it will be a tough ask with SKOB and Xavs in the next two weeks.

Just quietly, Xavs look to have a genuine plethora of talent down at Toorak Park. I counted 6 of their reserves side on the weekend as having played either VFL or AFL football. A luxury for James Byrne and his coaching staff.

Seriously? That's pretty ludicrous to be honest. Are these regular senior players working their way back, or just guys that aren't currently good enough for the best 22?

Seriously? That's pretty ludicrous to be honest. Are these regular senior players working their way back, or just guys that aren't currently good enough for the best 22?

Campbell Lane is a current Collingwood VFL listed player who has shown over the past couple of years he is a gun in A grade when VFL duties allow.
Sam Ralph who was previously playing for Collingwood's VFL side - he has played 2 games in both seniors and reserves this season.
Will Golds who has played 4 games in the reserves and none in the seniors so far this year, he is coming off Hawthorn's AFL list but did his ACL last February.
Matt Merlo was their vice captain in 2019, coming back from injury and can't get a game in their senior side at the moment due to how strong they are, he's played senior VFL footy.
Alex Browne (ex Essendon AFL) is coming back from injury and has only played 1 game in the seniors this year and 2 in the reserves.
Sam Crocker (ex St Kilda list and regular VFL player) has played in the reserves all season after crossing from Old Carey where he played senior Big V footy in 2019.

All those guys went to Xavier except Crocker and then you throw in a genuine VAFA champion like Chopper Handley to the mix there and you have a terrific 2s side that would probably beat the majority of B grade senior sides!

I think it goes to show the depth of numbers at the stronger clubs with strong school affiliations and a single sex school, therefore a bigger cohort of boys playing footy i.e. St Kevin's, Xavier, Scotch.

Campbell Lane is a current Collingwood VFL listed player who has shown over the past couple of years he is a gun in A grade when VFL duties allow.
Sam Ralph who was previously playing for Collingwood's VFL side - he has played 2 games in both seniors and reserves this season.
Will Golds who has played 4 games in the reserves and none in the seniors so far this year, he is coming off Hawthorn's AFL list but did his ACL last February.
Matt Merlo was their vice captain in 2019, coming back from injury and can't get a game in their senior side at the moment due to how strong they are, he's played senior VFL footy.
Alex Browne (ex Essendon AFL) is coming back from injury and has only played 1 game in the seniors this year and 2 in the reserves.
Sam Crocker (ex St Kilda list and regular VFL player) has played in the reserves all season after crossing from Old Carey where he played senior Big V footy in 2019.

All those guys went to Xavier except Crocker and then you throw in a genuine VAFA champion like Chopper Handley to the mix there and you have a terrific 2s side that would probably beat the majority of B grade senior sides!

I think it goes to show the depth of numbers at the stronger clubs with strong school affiliations and a single sex school, therefore a bigger cohort of boys playing footy i.e. St Kevin's, Xavier, Scotch.

Xavs had some injuries so I would expect to see a few of them in the 1's next week and Lane back in the VFL.

What's going on with Tom Boyd?

Xavs had some injuries so I would expect to see a few of them in the 1's next week and Lane back in the VFL.

What's going on with Tom Boyd?

I heard Tom Boyd copped a knock on his knee and had to go and get that cleaned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back