UEFA EURO 2020 (Italy Champions)

Remove this Banner Ad

France, Germany & Portugal what a group.

Hard to go past France they are stacked, and as mentioned would love for Kante to win ballon dor

Alexander-Arnold didn't make euro squad apparently

He's in the provisional 33 man squad. I think he will be out when Southgate has to cut it down to 26. My thoughts for who will be the unlucky 7 bolded.

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Man Utd), Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Sheff Utd)​
Defenders: John Stones (Man City), Luke Shaw (Man Utd), Harry Maguire (Man Utd), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Kyle Walker (Man City), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Reece James (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Ben Godfrey (Everton), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Ben White (Brighton)​
Midfielders: Mason Mount (Chelsea), Declan Rice (West Ham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Jesse Lingard (Man Utd), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)​
Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Raheem Sterling (Man City), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Man City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Mason Greenwood (Man Utd), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal).​

Trippier gets in because Southgate thinks he can also play LB. Personally I would take TAA over him. I would also take in form Greenwood and Sancho over out of form Sterling and Rashford.

Trippier gets in because Southgate thinks he can also play LB. Personally I would take TAA over him. I would also take in form Greenwood and Sancho over out of form Sterling and Rashford.
He deserves it. Been in better form and Walker gets in as he can also play CB in a back 3. James is presently better than TAA as well.

He's in the provisional 33 man squad. I think he will be out when Southgate has to cut it down to 26. My thoughts for who will be the unlucky 7 bolded.

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Man Utd), Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Sheff Utd)​
Defenders: John Stones (Man City), Luke Shaw (Man Utd), Harry Maguire (Man Utd), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Kyle Walker (Man City), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Reece James (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Ben Godfrey (Everton), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Ben White (Brighton)​
Midfielders: Mason Mount (Chelsea), Declan Rice (West Ham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Jesse Lingard (Man Utd), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)​
Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Raheem Sterling (Man City), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Man City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Mason Greenwood (Man Utd), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal).​

Won't be Jordan Henderson, Southgate has been desperate for him to be fit for Euro 2020, he runs the midfield. Personally I would prefer Hendo takes a break after returning from a serious injury but it just won't happen.

Agree with sorted on the Defenders and GK. But in midfield it definitely won't be Henderson who misses. Out of Bellingham and Phillips for mine. Phillips missed a chunk of the end of season injured didn't he?

Up front I think DCL isn't worth taking. Watkins maybe over Greenwood because he can play up front better. I've got Sancho and Grealish well ahead of Saka. I'd not take an out of sorts Sterling but I think Southgate will.

Midfielders: Mason Mount (Chelsea), Declan Rice (West Ham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Jesse Lingard (Man Utd), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Raheem Sterling (Man City), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Man City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Mason Greenwood (Man Utd), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal).

But in midfield it definitely won't be Henderson who misses. Out of Bellingham and Phillips for mine. Phillips missed a chunk of the end of season injured didn't he?

Not my boy James!!!

Why would you not want to take the best corner & FK taker in the world?
If he plays a midfield 3 and 3 attackers.
The midfield 3 is nailed on to be Mount ahead of Henderson and Rice. Can't take FK's if you're not on the pitch.

The midfield 3 is nailed on to be Mount ahead of Henderson and Rice. Can't take FK's if you're not on the pitch.
With 10 mins to go if you need a goal he'd be great to bring on for Henderson or Rice. 32% of Southampton's 42 goals came from his wicked right foot corners or free kicks. Only West Ham scored more with 16 but out of 62 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be Jordan Henderson, Southgate has been desperate for him to be fit for Euro 2020, he runs the midfield. Personally I would prefer Hendo takes a break after returning from a serious injury but it just won't happen.

He is definitely an automatic inclusion if fit. But he hasn't played a game since February. Southgate has to finalise his 26 man squad today ie before the upcoming friendlies. There is a clause that if a player is injured before the first Euro match he can be replaced, so there is some insurance for Southgate if Hendo breaks down again.

Would Lingard even get considered if it wasn't for his purple patch after being loaned to the Hammers?

Would any player get considered if they didn't perform to the required standard? That's a thinker.

Forget three attackers. Kane on his own in front of Grealish, Foden, Mount, Ward-Prowse, Rice.

Grealish wins the free kicks, Ward-Prowse scores 'em!

Grealish wins the free kicks, Ward-Prowse scores 'em!
Would love for my club to be bold and spend big to bring these two in. Grealish socks down winning free kicks and laughing mugging defenders off with Dele. JWP banging in FKs and whipping in assists for Harry.

Leaving this guy at home for Kalvin Phillips is nuts!

Leeds army incoming.....

968d73461d8364785e2decaff622db3c.gif

Sounds like Trippier will the 3rd RB spot over TAA.

If true, incredible luxury for England to leave him sitting on the tarmac given what he's achieved over the last 3 years.
  • PFA TotY x2
  • FIFPro World XI x2
  • UEFA team of the year x1
  • Premier League Young PotY x1
  • League winner and European cup winner + runner up (key player in both)
  • second most assists of any English player (behind Jadon Sancho)
Had a rough patch in the middle third of this season during our losing streak, but finished strongly and was arguably our best player during the final 10 games when we snatched CL qualification.

Good luck to Southgate, must be an unbelievably talented team he's taking!

If true, incredible luxury for England to leave him sitting on the tarmac given what he's achieved over the last 3 years.
  • PFA TotY x2
  • FIFPro World XI x2
  • UEFA team of the year x1
  • Premier League Young PotY x1
  • League winner and European cup winner + runner up (key player in both)
  • second most assists of any English player (behind Jadon Sancho)
Had a rough patch in the middle third of this season during our losing streak, but finished strongly and was arguably our best player during the final 10 games when we snatched CL qualification.

Good luck to Southgate, must be an unbelievably talented team he's taking!
No shame in being behind Walker, James and Trippier atm who all have had better seasons .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back