Preview Round 12 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions @ Giants Stadium, Friday 4 June 2021 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be depending on the other games, e.g. whether St Kilda and Sydney will play in Syd or in Cairns if St Kilda can get an exemption. Might be a concern about how many games the SCG can safely host with the surface.

More likely just working out the finer details of how many grand final corporate box tickets are going to be allocated to the various departments.

Can understand the delay on the Pies. Not even Collingwood supporters want to watch them play.
I think the Crows supporters would rather want to play the Port Adelaide Magpies (SANFL) instead of Collingwood themselves 😂

Nothing more certain. My guess is greater Melbourne will be in lockdown for another two weeks, maybe with a slight relaxing halfway through that period.
Silver lining for me, if lockdown extended, is I get to watch Us play Melbourne live . If not extended then up at 2:30am Saturday for work - so in bed before game.

LIKELY ROUND 12 FIXTURE NOW (FOXSPORTS)
Friday June 4

Melbourne v Brisbane Lions, Giants Stadium (7:50pm)

Saturday June 5
Sydney Swans v St Kilda, SCG (1:45pm)
Adelaide v Collingwood, Adelaide Oval (4:35pm)
Essendon v Richmond, Optus Stadium (7:40pm)

Sunday June 6
Carlton v West Coast Eagles, SCG (3:20pm)
Fremantle v Western Bulldogs, Optus Stadium (6:40pm)

LIKELY ROUND 12 FIXTURE NOW (FOXSPORTS)
Friday June 4

Melbourne v Brisbane Lions, Giants Stadium (7:50pm)

Saturday June 5
Sydney Swans v St Kilda, SCG (1:45pm)
Adelaide v Collingwood, Adelaide Oval (4:35pm)
Essendon v Richmond, Optus Stadium (7:40pm)

Sunday June 6
Carlton v West Coast Eagles, SCG (3:20pm)
Fremantle v Western Bulldogs, Optus Stadium (6:40pm)
It'll be interesting to see what sort of crowds they get to these, Crows v Pies and Dockers v Dogs will be standard type crowds of course, Bombers v Tigers Dreamtime at the O might get a half way decent crowd, the other 3 games not expecting anymore than a few thousand at each.

I'm expecting our Sydney residing Lions BF contributors to be mightily loud on Friday night.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of crowds they get to these, Crows v Pies and Dockers v Dogs will be standard type crowds of course, Bombers v Tigers Dreamtime at the O might get a half way decent crowd, the other 3 games not expecting anymore than a few thousand at each.

I'm expecting our Sydney residing Lions BF contributors to be mightily loud on Friday night.
The Sydney vs. St. Kilda match would probably be a good crowd over there, given it's now a Sydney home match for them instead of later in the year which has been swapped around.

But I agree with JasonMP, I'm expecting BIG things from all of you Lions supporters on here that are from NSW and are going to the game ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sydney vs. St. Kilda match would probably be a good crowd over there, given it's now a Sydney home match for them instead of later in the year which has been swapped around.

But I agree with JasonMP, I'm expecting BIG things from all of you Lions supporters on here that are from NSW and are going to the game ;)
Doh, I'm a silly billy, didn't read it properly.

I've never understood that as a journalist, Tom Browne's grasp on grammar is so appalling. His tweets are almost unintelligible.

Anyone with any useful skills would choose a career other than being a footy journalist.

Anyone with any useful skills would choose a career other than being a footy journalist.
He would have probably only got into footy journalism because his dad is Jeff Browne, who was head of Channel 9 and also the ex legal counsel of the AFL. And soon to be president of Collingwood if he can manage to throw the existing board out.

Neale at 70% is going to be better than Dev or Matho (look at the Carlton game when he played injured). If they're confident he won't reinjure his ankle then he'll play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back