2020/21 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy

Remove this Banner Ad

I knew it was a few years ago the development , later today ill look for any photos I took , I know the local is called the griffen
From dec 2013 , the new stadium development was pie in the sky ,think the initial design was out and there was discussion with the council
They won that day vs mk dons and got promoted to div 1 that year
2AE89447-B7E1-4F20-ADFC-2D41EFF1AA06.jpeg

Wycombe Wanderers have announced the first game in front of fans at Adams Park for 2021 will be against Leicester City. Good get.

Morecambe?
Isnt their logo a prawn?

Also, the reason I came here
FC United womens got promoted via application into the 4th tier

This will put us in the same league as clubs such as Leeds United and Newcastle United

Should've been here a long time prior
Been the best team in the league for the last 2 seasons
And last year we knocked off 2 tier 4 sides (5-2 and 2-1) in the FA Cup before being knocked out by another tier 4 side (2-1)

Also, on the womens league
I didnt realise their FA Cup quarter finals had been delayed into next season.

Leicester will have played half the tournament as a tier 2 side, and then the quarter finals as a tier 1 side. Interesting factoid.

The National League Playoff final is this weekend, Hartlepool v Torquay, for the final spot in the Football League.

Hartlepool were relegated to the National League at the end of the 2016/17 and were almost wound up a year later only to be saved by a group of supporters who set up a fund raising campaign to pay off the tax bill.

Torquay were relegated to the Conference in 2014 and were relegated again to the 6th tier a few years later before winning promotion back to the National League for the 2019/20 season.

Both clubs have long proud histories in the Football League, it would be nice to see one of them return. My preference would be Hartlepool because they are considered by many Cumbrian fans as a "derby" game being only 70 miles from Carlisle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Hartlepool who have won promotion back the Football League. The Monkey Hangers (a very unusual nickname) won 5-4 on penalties after it was 1-1 after extra time.

This means there will be two "local" derbies for the Cumbrians next season.:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Congratulations to Hartlepool who have won promotion back the Football League. The Monkey Hangers (a very unusual nickname) won 5-4 on penalties after it was 1-1 after extra time.

This means there will be two "local" derbies for the Cumbrians next season.:thumbsu:
will there? the Monkey Hangers are from Durham and are more interested in Darlington and maybe Boro.

will there? the Monkey Hangers are from Durham and are more interested in Darlington and maybe Boro.
Based on a 2012 fan survey conducted by market research company FFC, the supporters of the Cumbrians and the Monkey Hangers both listed each other in their top 3 rivalries.

It should be noted that back in 2012 the idea of Barrow returning to the Football League was a pipe dream that even their supporters had abandoned which is why they didn't take part in the survey and why Carlisle didn't list them as a rival. How things can change. :)

1624508454851.png

Last edited:
Based on a 2012 fan survey conducted by market research company FFC, the supporters of the Cumbrians and the Monkey Hangers both listed each other in their top 3 rivalries.

It should be noted that back in 2012 the idea of Barrow returning to the Football League was a pipe dream that even their supporters had abandoned which is why they didn't take part in the survey and why Carlisle didn't list them as a rival. How thing can change. :)

View attachment 1162436

Going by social media, Bolton's first rival has to be Wigan.

Going by social media, Bolton's first rival has to be Wigan.
There are so many teams in close proximity to each other in that part of Northern England, you could name 7 or 8 teams as a rival.

It should be noted that back in 2012 the idea of Barrow returning to the Football League was a pipe dream that even their supporters had abandoned which is why they didn't take part in the survey and why Carlisle didn't list them as a rival. How things can change. :)

View attachment 1162436
AFC Wimbledon's biggest rivals are... Wimbledon?

AFC Wimbledon's biggest rivals are... Wimbledon?
I don’t know many AFC Wimbledon supporters, but maybe they refuse to call their main rival MK Dons. Instead calling them by the old name. :)

I don’t know many AFC Wimbledon supporters, but maybe they refuse to call their main rival MK Dons. Instead calling them by the old name. :)
why would they call their rival by the name / club they attach and have furthered themselves from?

Celtic fans call Rangers anything but Rangers.

View attachment 1162436
Me attending my first ever EPL game (Crystal Palace vs Cardiff City IIRC - Could've been West Ham, did Palace vs Cardiff, Palace vs West Ham, Arsenal vs Hull and Arsenal vs Everton in the same trip) - I have a soft spot for a few teams, Rochdale and Brighton due to FC United playing them in our only attendence to the proper rounds of the FA C up :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back