Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

What was it like to see Haydn Bunton Sr play in person? Was he as good as everyone says?
Jason recruited Doug Nicholls to the Roys...

What was it like to see Haydn Bunton Sr play in person? Was he as good as everyone says?

Man, I gotta give this more than a like :thumbsu: . Player of the century? Much as I admire Leigh Matthews, Haydn Bunton ruled. More brownlow votes than games, 3 Brownlows, 3 Sandovers..............

. Bunton is also the only player to have averaged one Brownlow vote per game over his career.[2]

Like cricketer Don Bradman and the racehorse Phar Lap, Bunton was a sporting champion who made life bearable for the Australian public during the dark days of the Great Depression.[3] A brilliant runner and ball-winner, he was regarded by some historians and observers of Australian rules as its greatest-ever player.

BuntonRules

Last edited:

Not sure Andrews deserves to be there. Had too many goals kicked on him.
That was my initial thought as well.

However I’m struggling to think of other Key Defenders, apart from May and Lever to put in their.

Can’t really put Moore or Wietering in there, even though they are quality defenders.

That was my initial thought as well.

However I’m struggling to think of other Key Defenders, apart from May and Lever to put in their.

Can’t really put Moore or Wietering in there, even though they are quality defenders.
Wietering is playing really well and I would have him in there. Moore can also be a defensive liability like Andrews can be in some games (having said this, upfield pressure and defensive cohesion are big factors in making these players look bad).

Dom and Mike both mentioned on the Roar Deal that they believe Cockatoo will be in the first team as soon as possible this season. Something like in 6 or so games.
He showed some elite speed in running down opponents a couple of times last week , glimpses of the talent he undoubtedly has. Looked a class above anyone else out there when he did it. Still obviously not up to it fitness wise yet.

Last weeks game Cockatoo looked a little rusty.. Previously he was rusted :)
He had a interrupted preseason then twice now injured since season started
So prob only time he had a run off games for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the teams that drafted rucks maybe Gold Coast and Saints weren’t expecting to have Moyle and Heath still available at their pick. Or maybe we saved Lane from Collingwood

Looking at the teams that drafted rucks maybe Gold Coast and Saints weren’t expecting to have Moyle and Heath still available at their pick. Or maybe we saved Lane from Collingwood
Heath was long linked to Saints.

Collingwood was the team I thought of. They were heavily linked to a ruck at the msd.

I beleive we may have gazumped one of three possibilities. Collingwood, West Coast and the most likely Hawthorn. Hawthorn were linked to one of Jai and Moyle at their first pick, #2. I believe their second ruck option may have been Kalin.

We get on here and talk about players and make big statements. Never going to cut it AFL, don't fit our team, whatever. Some time's it's respectful, more often not. I've done it (my apologies Mr Birchall), most have, some is just plain nasty.

Then you get this story about a player. We really don't know the first thing about these guys. They give maybe five minutes of media interviews a year but we think we know. But we don't.

I'd like us to do a month, or even a week, where we show these boys only respect. And not just on one thread dedicated to bring nice, but throughout the whole forum. We share stories about the positives, and we cheer for athletes at the top of a national sport. They can't all be Brownlow medalists, but they get out there in whichever grade they are playing and play to their best ability.

If a bunch of 14 year old kid can step up to help promote mental health and support each other, we grown ups should be doing the same.

Good on you Morningside AFL club, the actions of your kids does you proud. And Archie, wow. You are so strong. You don't have to be the number one ruck at our club to have my respect - just being you is enough.

We get on here and talk about players and make big statements. Never going to cut it AFL, don't fit our team, whatever. Some time's it's respectful, more often not. I've done it (my apologies Mr Birchall), most have, some is just plain nasty.

Then you get this story about a player. We really don't know the first thing about these guys. They give maybe five minutes of media interviews a year but we think we know. But we don't.

I'd like us to do a month, or even a week, where we show these boys only respect. And not just on one thread dedicated to bring nice, but throughout the whole forum. We share stories about the positives, and we cheer for athletes at the top of a national sport. They can't all be Brownlow medalists, but they get out there in whichever grade they are playing and play to their best ability.

If a bunch of 14 year old kid can step up to help promote mental health and support each other, we grown ups should be doing the same.

Good on you Morningside AFL club, the actions of your kids does you proud. And Archie, wow. You are so strong. You don't have to be the number one ruck at our club to have my respect - just being you is enough.

Wonderful post Gadzorks!

😂😂😂
Just catching up on last week's Roar Deal and Dom and Mike have Dom said he had to get off a social media lions discussion board cause of the people being all - we don't have the list to win a premiership, we are missing key players, players aren't good enough.

compared our list and losses to Richmond's and totally think we are exactly what a premiership team is.

And getting in a big player isn't going to make a winning team. It's way more than that.

I like Dom and Mike. And who went missing on Saturday afternoon??? Cause that's our Dom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back