Collingwood board meltdown gameday thread

It is getting real at the Carringbush.

The board of the Collingwood Football Club stands as one. It stands united and strong.

It stands in support of our athletes and staff, our members and all who believe in the idea that Collingwood has an important role to play in Australian life.

Given the importance of Collingwood in Australian life (and lockdown lols), it is only fair there is a dedicated thread for the Collingwood board meltdown now officially uderway.

They stand as one but the very last thing they want is an EGM where the unwashed members get a say

I almost fell out of my jocks when I found out they hadn't actually voted on board members in decades.

The real hope here is there is an EGM but the Browne ticket splits/meltsdown so we get a bigger field of candidates, real Essendon in the middle of the doping drama energy with randos off the internet getting elected and stuff.

I almost fell out of my jocks when I found out they hadn't actually voted on board members in decades.

The real hope here is there is an EGM but the Browne ticket splits/meltsdown so we get a bigger field of candidates, real Essendon in the middle of the doping drama energy with randos off the internet getting elected and stuff.

Knightmare for El Presidente!!

1622621374547.png

Since this is a gameday thread who is umpiring?

That club statement is such a load of waffle and not appropriate either.

Just unelected people playing with a club like it's a toy.

That club statement is just magnificent.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
I feel for the rank and file members. They have a club board that simply doesn't care about them.

To be replaced by a board that has Eddie/Nathan's best interests at heart ??

It's an odd choice here - choose idiots who aren't interested in Collingwood, or idiots that are only interested in Eddie and Nathan. Neither group really has the interests of the members at heart - just different groups of self serving idiots.

So the Pies members have a choice between two groups, neither of which is actually looking towards the best interests of the club’s core focus: winning games of football and netball across their 5 sides.

Right now, the Pies are as follows:
- AFL Men’s team: 16th, hopeless.
- AFL Women’s team: season finished 3rd, bumped out in prelim. Their most successful team.
- VFL Men’s team: 10th with a game in hand, battling to make the 6.
- VFL Women’s: Unbeaten and dominant.
- Super Netball: 5th and just out of finals.

So 2/5 definite contenders, 1 borderline, 1 chasing and 1 hopeless.

The problem is the hopeless one probably brings in 90% of revenue.

So Pies voting members, my question to any prospective board member asking for your vote would be:

“What would you do to restore the ongoing dominance of the Collingwood Football Club through the sustained success and winning of premierships by the club’s primary revenue maker, being the men’s AFL side?’

Back