Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 15, Zach Package

Last edited by a moderator:

gettyimages-1312728675-612x612.jpg

Height: 185 cm*
Weight: 75 kg*

*2019 height/weight, looks taller and heavier than then

AFL Draft Central (from 2019) says:

FOOTBALL is not the newcomer’s first sport of choice, coming from a basketball and cricket background. He found his way to the Bushrangers this year to play his first season in an elite program and showed some nice signs in patches, playing a balanced role through the midfield. At the State Draft Combine, Durham impressed with an 88cm running vertical leap and an 8.17-second agility test. These attributes make him a dangerous player whichever role Durham might find himself in, and he has generally played through the middle or in defence, but he is strong and confident at spoiling and has plenty of improvement left in his game. While being more raw than others given less time in the Bushrangers’ program, Durham is one that clubs might views as a longer-term prospect who can be moulded into a role that see him fulfilling for the future.

STRENGTHS: Kicking, vertical leap, athleticism, spoiling, upside
IMPROVEMENTS: Strength, accumulation, scoreboard impac

This year he has improved in the accumulation part, averaging 15 disposals in the VFL, but will mostly play on a wing this season for the Bombers and probably won't see too much time in the AFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
SAM DURHAM
Midfielder
185cm/75kg
9/7/01
Richmond VFL

There are plenty of clubs considering Durham, who was first eligible for the draft in 2019. He has taken his game up a few notches this season playing for Richmond's VFL side, including a 23-disposal effort in round one against Sandringham. At a versatile size and shape, Durham has been linked to a number of clubs, including the Tigers, who now have a list spot available.

185cm midfielder?

That’s refreshing.
I read 186 somewhere, now you're ******* telling me he's only one eighty FIVE?

******* bullshit.

I read 186 somewhere, now you're ******* telling me he's only one eighty FIVE?

******* bullshit.
I’m just going off the OP.

Now you’ve given me hope that he could be 187!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Packers, Bucks, Pens, M's, Chelsea

FOOTBALL is not the newcomer’s first sport of choice, coming from a basketball and cricket background. He found his way to the Bushrangers this year to play his first season in an elite program and showed some nice signs in patches, playing a balanced role through the midfield. At the State Draft Combine, Durham impressed with an 88cm running vertical leap and an 8.17-second agility test. These attributes make him a dangerous player whichever role Durham might find himself in, and he has generally played through the middle or in defence, but he is strong and confident at spoiling and has plenty of improvement left in his game. While being more raw than others given less time in the Bushrangers’ program, Durham is one that clubs might views as a longer-term prospect who can be moulded into a role that see him fulfilling for the future.

STRENGTHS: Kicking, vertical leap, athleticism, spoiling, upside
IMPROVEMENTS: Strength, accumulation, scoreboard impact

I’ve seen all I need.

The kid can obviously play, let him beat up on his old mob on Saturday night. Him and Perkins together will be unstoppable.

elphamale

Rookie
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Agree, the kid could be Perko's brother. Also quoted as 190cm by AFL.com.au mid season draft prospect article. Error? Or maybe he's grown a few cms this year.

Sam Durham.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back