• Jai Newcombe

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Blake Schlensog

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Tyson Stengle

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The club may have something in mind that we don’t know of yet, so I‘ll give them the opportunity to show it. Yes, I haven’t really seen him tear apart a game at AFL level so far either (just some good games), but I don’t think he’s a dud not worth a shot tbh.

In any case, the main point I’m trying to make is that I don’t think that this draft is a big deal because it isn’t designed in a way that a team’s foundation would be built upon it. Hence, I kinda don’t have a big issue if Richmond don’t nail their picks in it. They can select whoever they see fit and if it works, then great. If not, then no problem because we can just part ways with our selection. The National Draft and the trade period are much more crucial, so we’ll be fine as long as we mail those.

Agreed.

Frustrating part on my end is 24 hrs ago Stack and MJR were the rage and we couldn't wait to get them into the team. Now a bloke who has been delisted is all of sudden a far better option than someone like Castagna on the basis they watched his first 3 games where he looked talented but was quickly found out by defenders and didn't fire a shot for the rest of his career. I also don't like the way he plays but no one wants to have that conversation.

For all I know the club may rate his potential as wingman and in that case Im than willing to give him and the club a chance, but Im allowed to form my own judgements on the basis we want him playing forward without being met with back the club, it can do no wrong. You used to be able to debate on this forum but now its case of if don't like a player or would prefer another the only debate to be had is the club knows best. Its getting very boring.

Against what you are saying, the South Fremantle Football Club, who know him better than any saints player you may know, welcomed him back with open arms. If he is such a knob, as you are eluding to, they would have never had him back. Fact.

South Fremantle would have welcomed him back based on talent first and foremost (don't rate him at AFL level but clearly a very good state league player), because that is how football clubs operate. Also only a slight difference in how much time you spend around your team mates at state level vs AFL level. Comparing apples to oranges really but even then many clubs have players who don't get along or fractions within a group. My view of him as a person extends to football field as well. Hard to trust hot heads like him and from my view point his talent isn't worth the hassle.

Agreed.

Frustrating part on my end is 24 hrs ago Stack and MJR were the rage and we couldn't wait to get them into the team. Now a bloke who has been delisted is all of sudden a far better option than someone like Castagna on the basis they watched his first 3 games where he looked talented but was quickly found out by defenders and didn't fire a shot for the rest of his career. I also don't like the way he plays but no one wants to have that conversation.

For all I know the club may rate his potential as wingman and in that case Im than willing to give him and the club a chance, but Im allowed to form my own judgements on the basis we want him playing forward without being met with back the club, it can do no wrong. You used to be able to debate on this forum but now its case of if don't like a player or would prefer another the only debate to be had is the club knows best. Its getting very boring.
Yeah the club doesn’t always know best. Otherwise we wouldn’t lose a game and they’d always pick the top players in any given draft. Alas, that’s not the case.

It’s just going to be a wait-and-see thing with Parker. One thing is that our club is run in a different way to most clubs nowadays. Meaning, there are certain things you’ll see and there are certain things (including characteristics) you’ll rarely see. What we saw from Parker and the way he goes about things when he was at St Kilda isn’t really seen at our club nowadays, so I suspect that we’ll take that out of his game.

I’m interested to see how it all goes and what version of Parker we’ll see play for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny you ask. But actually watched the SA vs WA game the other day and he annoyed me then as well. Other then that though I haven't watched a game. He could be a different player on the wing or in midfield but watching him any time up forward and he shits me.

Would hate to be a key forward having a tough day with a defender punching your arms all day and getting away with it only to finally win a free kick and have Parker be first to the ball, guarantee you he will play on.
A richmond man like Jack wouldn't give 2 shits if he gets the goal.

I'm not sure either way on this to be honest...

I'm happy to back the club in because at the end of the day, I see it for what it is...

The last bloke picked on our list. And while he may be a chance at a game, be more physically ready than some young fellas and already have AFL experience, if the last bloke picked on our list doesn't get a game, and may only take up a spot for 6 months, It's really a free swing for the club.

s**t, Miller has been on the list for what, 4 years now and hasn't got a game yet, don't see the carry on there.

Happy to see how it plays out without having huge expectations

I will say, I'm sick of all these South Freo blokes getting a run at the club...

One massive positive is MP won't be available for this Monday's Foundation Day (WA Day) Derby now though! C'mon Sharkies!!!!

I can tell you right now that Saints players are laughing at the fact we picked him up. They couldn't stand him.

My word, you would have to be the biggest knob on this forum. Form you own opinions FFS. Yes our guys get most things right but not everything and this will likely be another they don't get right. Not much harm done given its a mid season pick and we've only gained that pick by placing an important member of the squad on the inactive list as he wasn't going to be available this season.
He's not the biggest knob on this forum...read into that what you will.

Word is Ratten got all the players and supporters together for a big comedy night tonight featuring the Richmond Football Clubs monumental mid-season drafting blunder*. He fired up the projector and got BigFooty up on the big screen, logging in and out of his various Saints accounts, he infiltrated the Richmond board selling us false hope and lies about the character and overall reception of Matt Parker at the club. All this while Higgins and co fell about the place pointing and laughing and shooting text messages to school girls.

What a pack of jokers.

Exactly last player on our list and blokes are thinking we have unearthed a bargain. I'm challenging that idea and being greeted with sh*t like I back our guys to make the right call. Like fu** off. Have the balls to form you own opinions, otherwise what is the point of posting.
I've formed my opinion of him having watched him play...what are you basing your opinion on exactly ?

Back