Rookie 37. Jordan Boyd

37 boyd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good kicking skills provide him with a relatively unique position on our list.

Never have I wanted the option to use a laughing and crying emoji at the same time on the one post more than I do now.

Oct 15, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, OKC Thunder
Bring him in right away to play on Jamie Cripps or Flyin' Ryan.
I’d say no but not against it...

Think just about everyone on here has bemoaned our inability to lock down oppo small forwards for what feels like an eternity, let’s hope we might’ve finally addressed this

Hope he gets his opportunity soon and grabs it. Best of luck, Jordan...

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I haven't been able to find his height but my understanding is hee is more mid size than small, excellent pace and disposal by foot. Played as a mid at Spotswood, and previously a forward at VFL level, this year being tried down back to good effect.

So all the hard work has been done for us then.

:think: :p

new_blue

Team Captain
Aug 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
My thorough armchair recruiting, which involved watching 2mins of highlights, suggests the kid can play.

Has a good kicking action, penetrating kick, composed running style, decent pace, degree of physicality and purpose to his actions. Definitely not the worst pick.

As has been stated above, at a minimum he improves our 2s.

Welcome Boyd.

SOS Rules

Senior List
Aug 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
His video highlights look promising. They are alas highlights only. The suggestion to play him as a small defender is not a bad one. Might release Saad up the field in a more attacking role if he can bring some of what we see in those highlights to our games and he can defend. Good luck Jordan and welcome.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Bit reminiscent of Jayden Short, or (dare I say it) Zach Tuohy...?
182cm
DOB 22/9/1998

Definitely has been playing off the half back flank.

Looks pretty similar to Ramsay, was hoping he'd be a wingman but still looks great in his tape off the HBF.

Welcome Jordan!
Dylan Buckley sans foot/ankle issues, so he actually nails his passes.

Spitting image of how he played the game, maybe a hair less pace and agility, but the same read and intent.

This is a very astute pick.

Back