Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Ben McKay's sense of humour. The "I normally take the best fwd" crack at harry then the "I was doing him a favour" crack at the whiney * fan. I normally agree with pagens stay off media St philosophy but these comments work for me.

It’s amazing that everyone knows our side has lacked pace for years but we never really tried to rectify it.

Not so sure this is true. We tried to address it during a compromised draft period: we drafted Josh Williams, Hayden, Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, we shifted Atley to the backline to try to generate some rebound pace, headhunted Higgins, Jed, Jared Polec and Jasper Pittard who were all known as pacey types, and I'm probably missing a few of our other attempts.

I'd say we knew pace was an issue but we didn't have the draft capital to rectify it.

Not so sure this is true. We tried to address it during a compromised draft period: we drafted Josh Williams, Hayden, Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, we shifted Atley to the backline to try to generate some rebound pace, headhunted Higgins, Jed, Jared Polec and Jasper Pittard who were all known as pacey types, and I'm probably missing a few of our other attempts.

I'd say we knew pace was an issue but we didn't have the draft capital to rectify it.
Billy Hartung, WWalker, Hall, now Stevo, Young, Atu, Menadue and PWalker plus the kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* we have some solid youth running around. When Jy and Co are being questioned as players, you know you have some decent depth. I’ll give you the hot tip, jy ldu and co deadset take a steaming hot turd on the likes of worpel and co. Worpel is not in the same conversation as LDU. We’ll make em eat our s**t lads.

And * JOSH KELLY! Dog

fu** we have some solid youth running around. When Jy and Co are being questioned as players, you know you have some decent depth. I’ll give you the hot tip, jy ldu and co deadset take a steaming hot turd on the likes of worpel and co. Worpel is not in the same conversation as LDU. We’ll make em eat our sh*t lads.

And fu** JOSH KELLY! Dog
Wait he's going to the Dogs now? Oh well, that's moderately better than Essendon at least.

Loyalty exists.. unless you are that Josh Kelly rat. As if he wouldnt have been apart of as much success GWS have produced by playing at the club he grew up with. Nah * the dog. We are better than that.

we are larger than individuals. We have a phenomenal youth lead by a bloke that has been around the block. You can see that in the persona delivered on a weekly basis. We have a serious player manager who will not dictate game play and tactics and will let the gaffer have influence.

Ferguson’s management has been adopted at NMFC!

Random North thoughts is the only place I can think to put this.

When we eventually climb back to the top of the hill and are playing off in a grand final. The club should set aside tickets for any player who has played over a certain threshold of games. I mean if you cut it off at 100 games we are talking around 120 people.

Then if we win it those players should be allowed onto the field after the lap of honour.

I can think of no better way to honour North players that put blood sweat and tears into the place than to have them be allowed to be there with teh express intent of helping celebrate such a rare thing.

I can also think of no better way to honour those who actually win the thing than to have a guard of honour filled with blokes who came before them.

Bit surprised there's no " worst 400 game player " thread on the main board.

There'll be one in the archives somewhere about Drew being the " worst 300 game player "

Not sure of the right thread, but Laura Kane has been appointed to the AFL Competition Committee (new additions are bolded)

2021 AFL Competition Committee

Simone Wilkie (AFL Commissioner)

Andrew Dillon (AFL general manager football operations)

Brett Murphy (AFLPA general manager)

Jacob Weitering (Carlton player)

Chris Fagan (Brisbane coach)

Josh Mahoney (Essendon football boss)

Simon Garlick (Fremantle chief executive)

Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong player, AFLPA president)

Stephen Coniglio (GWS captain)

Justin Reeves (Hawthorn chief executive)

Alan Richardson (Melbourne football boss)

Laura Kane (North Melbourne general manager of strategy and football operations)

Chris Davies (Port Adelaide football boss)

Peggy O’Neal (Richmond president)

Brett Ratten (St Kilda coach)

Andrew Ireland (Sydney director)

Craig Vozzo (West Coast football boss)

Kylie Watson-Wheeler (Western Bulldogs president)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back