• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 27, 2014
M15
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bucks
This got me thinking. What would Richmond's All-campaigner team look like?

From 2013ish onward:

C.Newman A.Rance J.King
S.Morris L.McGuane J.Batchelor
M.Pickett T.Cotchin (c) S.Edwards
S.Bolton T.Lynch J.Caddy
M.Parker T.Vickery J.Townsend
T.Nankervis D.Jackson D.Martin
R.Conca S.Tuck N.Vlastuin R.Mansell

extra points for having red hair.

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Southampton F.C., eAFL SUNS
This got me thinking. What would Richmond's All-campaigner team look like?

From 2013ish onward:

C.Newman A.Rance J.King
S.Morris L.McGuane J.Batchelor
M.Pickett T.Cotchin (c) S.Edwards
S.Bolton T.Lynch J.Caddy
M.Parker T.Vickery J.Townsend
T.Nankervis D.Jackson D.Martin
R.Conca S.Tuck N.Vlastuin R.Mansell

extra points for having red hair.
Baker in surely.

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Glad Matty gets another go. He'll probably thrive in your system and also has a good mate in Marlion. Most of us Saint supporters were disappointed when he got delisted, but for whatever reason those running us [off a cliff] hate players that aren't vanilla and beige.
Hope he does well for you guys...when he's on, he's great to watch...hard at it, can take a grab, tackles like a lunatic, and loves a goal.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Glad Matty gets another go. He'll probably thrive in your system and also has a good mate in Marlion. Most of us Saint supporters were disappointed when he got delisted, but for whatever reason those running us [off a cliff] hate players that aren't vanilla and beige.
Hope he does well for you guys...when he's on, he's great to watch...hard at it, can take a grab, tackles like a lunatic, and loves a goal.

Well I hope he goes well for us to especially since we got him now.

Interesting to see what happens.

Butler and Higgins to the Saints, Parker to the Tigers after WA, what happens now is very intriguing

Look I was not against getting Robinson when he left Carlton so I do see beyond choir boys. If he tears it up at RFC, hope he does, what does that say about the Saints??

He is 1.9 metres, did not realise that. Oh well, worth a throw at the stumps and its up to him

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
* I cant wait until St Kilda v Richmond round 14 june 25 . Parker must be played
* Jason Castagna will be Mathew Parkers best mate , Someone to practice his tattoo technique on
* We are really starting to accumulate some campaigners in the team and cant wait to watch our unsocial able football

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
* I cant wait until St Kilda v Richmond round 14 june 25 . Parker must be played
* Jason Castagna will be Mathew Parkers best mate , Someone to practice his tattoo technique on
* We are really starting to accumulate some campaigners in the team and cant wait to watch our unsocial able football

I have been doing a bit of research, quick research.

I remember him mainly because I put him I put him in my fantasy/dream teams at some point as an up and comer.

I noticed he is indigenuous, which is not a bad thing because it means he has a better chance to have the natural talent to play the game.

Having another look at it, its not a bad selection for the tigers. It might come off. He has vigor to tackle which is pleasing and is not soft but has the speed and other traits.

It sounds like he may have tapered off in 2019 due to a lack of pre-seasons. I did not realise he was 190cm. We know he can contribute up forward. What interests me is can he develop a tank and play on the wing as well? It looks like he does not need to add size which is handy in readyness Even if he could switch between wing and forward that could prove very handy.

Can only wish him all the best for his development and opportunity. Some say he is mates with Marlon so he would obviously have a better idea of where he is at as well as our recruiters

Blinger

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
I have been doing a bit of research, quick research.

I remember him mainly because I put him I put him in my fantasy/dream teams at some point as an up and comer.

I noticed he is indigenuous, which is not a bad thing because it means he has a better chance to have the natural talent to play the game.

Having another look at it, its not a bad selection for the tigers. It might come off. He has vigor to tackle which is pleasing and is not soft but has the speed and other traits.

It sounds like he may have tapered off in 2019 due to a lack of pre-seasons. I did not realise he was 190cm. We know he can contribute up forward. What interests me is can he develop a tank and play on the wing as well? It looks like he does not need to add size which is handy in readyness Even if he could switch between wing and forward that could prove very handy.

Can only wish him all the best for his development and opportunity. Some say he is mates with Marlon so he would obviously have a better idea of where he is at as well as our recruiters
Apparently mates with Shai & Stacky as well. Hopefully convince Shai to hang around & sign up if he had any intentions of looking elsewhere at the end of the season.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I would actually love to see how he would go as a HBF

Just tell him to play that Kamakazi like game that Saad plays - But hurt the MF little fowards from the other side (eagles)

There are a few options.

He might have been pigeon-holed at the Saints who only saw him as a forward in comparison to other players they saw on their list

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
''
Hawthorn great Dermott Brereton believes mature-age St Kilda recruit Matthew Parker has an abundance of untapped potential.

Parker, 23, has been an exciting addition for the Saints with his speed, dynamism and enthusiasm earning him cult-hero status at Moorabbin.

Taken at pick No.47 in last year’s draft, the Western Australian has impressed Brereton since taking up a part-time role mentoring the club’s forwards.

“(Matthew) Parker has so much upside it’s not funny - he’s got extraordinary talent,” the five-time premiership Hawk told SEN’s KB and The Doc. ''

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
''
Hawthorn great Dermott Brereton believes mature-age St Kilda recruit Matthew Parker has an abundance of untapped potential.

Parker, 23, has been an exciting addition for the Saints with his speed, dynamism and enthusiasm earning him cult-hero status at Moorabbin.

Taken at pick No.47 in last year’s draft, the Western Australian has impressed Brereton since taking up a part-time role mentoring the club’s forwards.

“(Matthew) Parker has so much upside it’s not funny - he’s got extraordinary talent,” the five-time premiership Hawk told SEN’s KB and The Doc. ''

Buckenara said similar to tall Liam ryan

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC
''

That's it then, he's a bust.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Potentially a very smart selection who could add another layer to our forwardline
At 6’2 and lightning quick could be used deep forward using his speed and athleticism as a lead up forward
Or
In our more traditional role a small/ medium forward who can provide manic defensive pressure. A taller version of George
Hard part for him now is building a case for AFL action (like Marlion did) with out any VFL
Markov clone without the tash...

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Well I hope he goes well for us to especially since we got him now.

Interesting to see what happens.

Butler and Higgins to the Saints, Parker to the Tigers after WA, what happens now is very intriguing

Look I was not against getting Robinson when he left Carlton so I do see beyond choir boys. If he tears it up at RFC, hope he does, what does that say about the Saints??

He is 1.9 metres, did not realise that. Oh well, worth a throw at the stumps and its up to him
Parker has stumps!?!!!

Do the Dew

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2019
Stuart Dew's Gut
AFL Club
Richmond
The real reason he got traded was his first name wasn't Jack.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
One interesting thing about Parker off the highlights is that when he had a chance to go for goal, he often gave it off to a team mate in a better position. That is very Richmond like, i.e Bolton giving it to Dusty last week, Dusty giving it to Pickett GF. He may look and play a bit like a show pony, but that says otherwise. I really like the pick, I couldn't believe it when the Saints gave him the flick, has so many afl attributes. We lack an all round half forward.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Not sure if I can go as far as best of luck to Richmond but certainly best of luck to Matty.

Was one of my favourites when he was at the Saints - low possession winner but high impact and high excitement. Basically came to us from digging ditches but still managed a goal a game in his first season (2019) playing as a hff but tapered off badly as the season progressed.

Injured at the wrong time last year and then couldn't get a look in. Some unknown issues with hubbing last year but I know he was bitterly disappointed to be delisted by the Saints. (I suspect the wrong player in the wrong place at the wrong time - uncontracted, newish player, smaller lists etc etc)

Hope he gets a chance to play a few more games - will suit your style perfectly plus there's the added bonus of when something happens around him its great to watch!!!

Go Matty!!

Back