List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

In the 2021 MSD, Carlton should select...

• Charlie McKay (F/S)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dominic Akuei (NGA)

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Best available mature age player

Votes: 49 40.8%
  • Best available U19 (overlooked in last year's draft)

Votes: 41 34.2%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Philp is on the long term injury list, but there's something interesting in the fact that we prevaricated when deciding to add that potential third mid year draft slot, then skipping on our third choice.

Indicates that we had someone else in mind for pick 6 or 20, and someone else jumped in ahead.

Liked for prevaricated.

My fear haven't been alleviated, completely

A project ruckman is great, a mid size quick with better footskills is also an area of need.

But, come end of year, if we don't trade in/draft a better spine for short term and future needs, we will continue to struggle against the best sides, moving forward
Martin in and better for it . Alex will come in a few weeks for a test block I hope . Need to develop and protect TDK . Build him .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought Heath was the better ruck option. Will be interesting to see how Max Heath develops vs Alex Mirkov.

Heath maybe a little too similar to TDK in style? Pitto, TDK and Mirkov gives us some variety, and therefore some flexibility to adapt to future changes to the rules.

"Extra mid" ruckmen were in vogue for a bit, but seem less impactful in the current game.

Seems to be pushing up the field this year, so we've selected him as an outside midfield prospect?

From the highlights posted I’m thinking perhaps a wing option, if not a wily running defender. Competent both sides of the body ✅

Thought Parnell may have been a good selection, Adelaide do select good small defenders.

I know nothing, but seems we've picked him as someone who can genuinely play as a small defender, half-forward or outside midfield, in either an attacking or defensive role. As ODN said, he's apparently been playing in defence this season. I don't recall him from the the VFL game we played against them this year, but I'll go back and take a look.

Early footage leaves me agreeing with the comments on his kicking: long, flat and knows how to direct it.

The Dogs unit also plays with an AFL-esque intensity, similar to Box Hill... disappointing that we can't nail this in terms of player aquistion and training standards.

I mean Saad has been doing this for us of late, which is good because it's what we acquired him for.

What we now have is a backup we can develop.
Except Saad isn't a good defender. Leaks goals around stoppages fairly regularly with bad positioning. Is ok one on one up the ground, but forwards lose him easily.

Remember AJ's game GAJ? Was beautiful.

It was in the preseason cup. Unfortunately we thought he'd do the same every time he faced him, but it was never as good as it was that particular night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the players available, who would you have taken to play KPF/KPD? That wouldn't just be 6 months of cover, I mean.

Having 3 picks was the perfect opportunity to take another tall, even without considering older, more mature types

Blake Schlensog, plays anywhere down the spine

I wish Mirkov all the best. Feels like an under-developed Robbie Warnock at best.
Nothing like Warnock, he’s a much more athletic player than Warnock could dream to be and his tap ruck work is very good already and he can tap to all points on the compass, his volley ball background should make him a really quick study with his tap work which showed in the Brisbane game.

Back