Preview Round 13: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Blundstone Arena | Sunday, 13 June @ 15:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Should Tasmanian's being booking tickets for this game?

I suppose so if they:

a) want to go
b) are under the impression that the game's going ahead

Has their premier informed them of anything different?

Has been talk it may not go ahead.

I suppose he better keep the good folk of Tasmanian informed then.

I can't see why North & GWS won't get on a plane if he doesn't stop them.

This time 5 years ago we were sitting pretty at 10-1. This year we’re 1-10. We’ll need to match our 2016 second half of 2-9 to ensure we have access to Jason Horne, I suspect. How would the panel feel about a 2-9 run home?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This time 5 years ago we were sitting pretty at 10-1. This year we’re 1-10. We’ll need to match our 2016 second half of 2-9 to ensure we have access to Jason Horne, I suspect. How would the panel feel about a 2-9 run home?

Nervous.... I don't want to go thru that s**t for anything other than a chance to pick Horne.

As it is I'm conflicted. He looks like a future multiple premiership player. But I want us to win more than one or two games for the rest of the year.

But anyway .... last year was worse, so going 2/9 is actually an improvement. If we go thru fits and starts for the rest of the year, improve consistently, throw a game away (thru inexperience) learn from it, then win the last two and still get pick 1 then we should all be happy. It means we are getting it together and getting a kid who looks like a beast.

At this point anything less than pick 1 would actually be a failure. We've copped a barrage of beatings - I don't want to see that for nothing. First time I can ever recall being in this position and thinking it was a fair representation of where we are at. I'll feel a lot more comfortable about having Horne in the bag if we're 5 more games down the road and 2 games + % off 17th.

At this point anything less than pick 1 would actually be a failure. We've copped a barrage of beatings - I don't want to see that for nothing. First time I can ever recall being in this position and thinking it was a fair representation of where we are at. I'll feel a lot more comfortable about having Horne in the bag if we're 5 more games down the road and 2 games + % off 17th.

Can’t recall too many drafts where there was a huge difference between pick 1 and pick 3 or 4. I suspect it’s no different this year. I am more worried that we have players like Ben McKay who has played in just 3 wins in his entire time at the club.

Play to win.

It's more important that Tarryn. Jye, Tom Powell, Ben McKay + LDU continue improving to the point they make game winning contributions. If that happens and we don't get Horne we are in a much better place, than coming last and getting first pick.
If the cards fall our way and we can can win four games in the second half and still get Horne, that would be perfect.
Anyway, we should fold if we don’t have Horne in our starting line-up in Round 1 next season. Simple as that.

It would be gross negligence that I could never forgive.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyway, we should fold if we don’t have Horne in our starting line-up in Round 1 next season. Simple as that.

It would be gross negligence that I could never forgive.
Good on you.

I think we are very likely to finish last from here - there are a few ordinary teams but our start and percentage are so dire it’s a long way back - and I’m ok with seeing my first wooden spoon season, regardless of Horne. I’m not pinning all mine or the club‘s hopes on one player regardless of who he is or how good he looks as a junior. I also recognise the importance of improving and winning where we can, for retaining the good young players we have, keeping a high level of commitment and energy across the list, and attracting players we want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was told by 'an insider' they were very confident Corr would be right to go after the bye. Indefinite doesn't sound hopeful. Was also told by a friend of a friend of a friend of Corrs he won't play again this year. Reckon on average this info is correct.

Was told by 'an insider' they were very confident Corr would be right to go after the bye. Indefinite doesn't sound hopeful. Was also told by a friend of a friend of a friend of Corrs he won't play again this year. Reckon on average this info is correct.
That's very confusing to follow...

Definitely, maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back