2021 NBA Playoffs Thread First Round. Vale Heat, Celtics, Wizards, Knicks, Grizzlies, Trail Blazers, Lakers, Mavericks

Welcome to the inaugural post COVID-19 crowd restricted NBA playoffs. The playoff picture is almost complete as the Grizzly bears are trying to claw their way to 8th spot in San Francisco. Winner to take on the Jazz.

So as it stands right now (22:47 Friday 21st May, USA Eastern daylight time), the Grizz look like advancing. But as we know, you can never go the early crow in sport (see Brisbane Lions QF in 2020).

The below image illustrates the bracket so far

2021nbabracket.png

NBA CONFERENCE SEMI FINALS HERE:

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Regular season maybe. Playoffs Nah.
Even still Lebron was dominating earlier in the year... was top 3 in this season for sure until he got injured

Some incredibly short memories around here

Edit: And he was even runner up in the mvp last year lol... Lebron is no where near his peak anymore but it still better

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Lebron failed to make playoffs plus bounced first round. And corona ring.

Kawhi won a big ring with raps and playing like MJ again
Sigh the corona ring is tv click bait rubbish... they were going great pre corona and we’re always built for the play offs.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Even still Lebron was dominating earlier in the year... was top 3 in this season for sure until he got injured

Edit: And he was even runner up in the mvp last year lol... Lebron is no where near his peak anymore but it still better

Think winning champions for 3 teams an historically all time great stat that often gets forgotten about LeBron (esp beating the 73 record breaking win season Dubs team with the Cavs, which imo opinion is his finest ring/greatest achievement)

As a Celtics fan I have always disliked LeBron a lot (even before he joined LAL) but I cannot deny his legacy or greatness, defintley a top 3 GOAT of all time for mine (Jordan still number 1 for me)

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

1622872187007.png

Think winning champions for 3 teams an historically all time great stat that often gets forgotten about LeBron (esp beating the 73 record breaking win season Dubs team with the Cavs, which imo opinion is his finest ring/greatest achievement)

As a Celtics fan I have always disliked LeBron a lot (even before he joined LAL) but I cannot deny his legacy or greatness, defintley a top 3 GOAT of all time for mine (Jordan still number 1 for me)

LeBetter not hope the clippers win this season then

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but does anyone realise that the road team has won each game in the Clippers/Mavs series? Has that ever happened before?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but does anyone realise that the road team has won each game in the Clippers/Mavs series? Has that ever happened before?
did you know pendlebury played basketball?

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
As a Mavs stll suffering PTSD caused by Dwyane Wade in 2006, this Kawhi series has probably been better.

It feels like every shot is going in.

And his defense in game 6 on Luka was aazing. The Clips started hedging more so Kawhi could be the defener on Luka more. And more traps.

Why not get the ball out of his hands, when the Mavs 2nd best player is a 7'3 used tampon.

Oct 26, 2009
Gold Coast Suns
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Whomever is reigning NBA champion
Clips deserve a lot of credit... Whole world was laughing at them after they lost 2 at home... to come back and win series is a credit to them. They will match up well against Utah.

They have gone further than their big brothers.

Mind you.... If they lose it from here we can all laugh at them again

Last edited:
Back