Scandal Crows players caught without masks

Remove this Banner Ad

So an airport isn't a confined space?

Lol, do you work for the VAFL making it up as you go...
A plane is a confined space.
hundred odd people crammed in like sardines into a very small space. A space just big enough to hold the people.
you have to be kidding???

could have ended the season but not an issue for big ears and his merry bunch of slackers.

Yet you want to divert from this , pathetic..

A plane is a confined space.
hundred odd people crammed in like sardines into a very small space. A space just big enough to hold the people.
you have to be kidding???

could have ended the season but not an issue for big ears and his merry bunch of slackers.

Yet you want to divert from this , pathetic..
I agree a plane is a confined space... I never argued otherwise... unlike you who is claiming an airport isn't a confined space.

Any inside space is confined!

You're not the brightest spark plug...

There is no comparison What so ever .
far brighter than you if you think an airport compares to a plane.
Inside = a confined space.

The fact you are still arguing against this is a reflection on your intelligence.

Keep going if you must for the lols...

Interesting point.

Did the Airline crew have any issue?
Did they refuse once asked by crew to wear?
If yes, the process is the AFP meet the plane, board it, and take said refusers off the plane for questioning.

If none of that occured, then, I would take it further if I was the Crows.

They know they've done the wrong thing and would like the story to go away as quickly as possible. The court of public opinion won't be kind: a bunch of spoilt brats taking advantage of special privileges and thinking the rules don't apply to them. Even if they won an appeal, they'd have lost through the poor publicity.

When the speculation and excuses started, "Oh they were probably just tucking in to their main course on that marathon journey from Sydney to Adelaide," why not eat before and eat after the flight and abstain for a couple of hours to set the example that you are grateful that you're still able to fly around the country and that you're thinking of others around Australia who don't get the same luxuries? Because there's nothing like a mask hanging off your chin on the flight home from playing a footy game to really show how much your heart is going out to your legions of fans who have been taken to the brink by this pandemic.

So no, I don't think they'll be taking it further. "What about..." this other example of an AFL team or random Joe Blow doing the wrong thing? Fine them too.... I don't care.

Yes in terms of actual fines etc it is with the Government rules.

This fine is about the AFL rules, which are considerably stricter because the AFL is getting exemptions for the players in order to continue the season.
Yes that's a good point.

They know they've done the wrong thing and would like the story to go away as quickly as possible. The court of public opinion won't be kind: a bunch of spoilt brats taking advantage of special privileges and thinking the rules don't apply to them. Even if they won an appeal, they'd have lost through the poor publicity.

When the speculation and excuses started, "Oh they were probably just tucking in to their main course on that marathon journey from Sydney to Adelaide," why not eat before and eat after the flight and abstain for a couple of hours to set the example that you are grateful that you're still able to fly around the country and that you're thinking of others around Australia who don't get the same luxuries? Because there's nothing like a mask hanging off your chin on the flight home from playing a footy game to really show how much your heart is going out to your legions of fans who have been taken to the brink by this pandemic.

So no, I don't think they'll be taking it further. "What about..." this other example of an AFL team or random Joe Blow doing the wrong thing? Fine them too.... I don't care.
Are you for real?
I dont go for Adelaide.
I do know, as I travel on planes, it is policed heavily by the air crew on the plane.

It seems the only one with any issue here are fans, who probably are heavily a gsted as they are again in lockdown.

I also know that AFP at all airports do police this when requested by aircrew.

So, its a social media beat up as far as I am concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a think about density of people per cubic metre in an aeroplane and add in the constantly circulating pressurised air supply.

Then think about the ceiling height and the density of people per cubic metre in a typical airport.

If you can’t see and acknowledge how they are substantially different propositions, you’re either an idiot or being argumentative for the sake of it.

Are you for real?
I dont go for Adelaide.
I do know, as I travel on planes, it is policed heavily by the air crew on the plane.

It seems the only one with any issue here are fans, who probably are heavily a gsted as they are again in lockdown.

I also know that AFP at all airports do police this when requested by aircrew.

So, its a social media beat up as far as I am concerned.

Yes I'm for real. There's no excuse. What I can't believe is that people seem to be blaming the person who took the photo, or the AFL for being too harsh with the penalty. It's black and white, they've done the wrong thing and they should live with the consequences. And people should stop defending them.

Truly deluded.

small space does not equal big space.
Huge difference, well to those who think anyway. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Wrong is wrong... it's like you are trying to argue than 3x over the legal limit for blood alcohol testing is bad, but 2.5x over is nothing to worry about.

A covid infected person is likely to infect more people in an airport than a plane... as there are more people around!

Hahaha, no idea
So you are suggesting it's ok for players to walk through airports without a mask, despite being instructed otherwise?

Still trying to claim a building is not a confined space?

You could get a job with the VAFL...

If you cant understand the difference with not wearing a mask in a confined space and in an open area you are dim, oh wait your from Adelaide.

Planes are actually the safest place because they recycle the air every couple of minutes. Much more likely to catch Covid on the taxi ride to the airport or standing in line at check in.

The fact that if the players had a bottle of water in their hand as you can remove your mask to eat and drink shows how stupid this fine is.

Huge overreaction to maintain the AFL image they are looking for.

Completely unsurprising that crows fans are in here collectively insisting that everyone else but their team is in the wrong.

Just like their finger pointing when they got caught in the Barossa (apparently port supporting golfers and all other clubs were doing the wrong thing too) or when the story leaked about their camp (it was only a couple of people complaining and the Vic media was trying to make something out of nothing) or when they got caught salary cap cheating (it was tippetts fault - until trigg left then he posthumously copped blame) and so on.

It’s like if they admitted their crows ****ed something up for once the universe might collapse in.

Footballers make mistakes. Richmond players do. Port players. Cats players.

Only Adelaide fans seem to point the finger in unison elsewhere with dramatic flourish

The players absolutely did the wrong thing and the club has been penalised very harshly. You can debate the magnitude of the penalty and whether it should be from the soft cap or not, but it is what it is.

Surely then we can expect that this sets the precedent for punishment, which will be applied consistently to other clubs if it comes to light that their players have also broken mask protocol while travelling.

This would include during time inside the airport of course. Has everyone else been flawless or are only the Crows worth discussing and fining?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back