Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

I did notice that. Loved it.

Would actually be shocked if anyone pips it for MOTY. Then again he does play for Collingwood...

People need to get onto the AFL site and vote for it as mark of the round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s ok and competes very hard. He seems really slow to me though. Am I wrong?
I said the same thing ap couple of weeks ago. I was assured hs isn't, but every time I watch him, my assurance disappears.

I watch him and Madgen and I don't understand why one is praised and the other vilified. They're on par in my eyes.

Had an almost game today. Leapt well at the ball up forward and almost took a few nice clunks. I don't see a long term future for him in that role though with Johnson and Henry hopefully coming on fairly quickly.
I though at least one of the almost marks (the one which ended up being turned over and cost us a goal) would usually have been paid. He looked like he got a lot of it to me

I said the same thing ap couple of weeks ago. I was assured hs isn't, but every time I watch him, my assurance disappears.

I watch him and Madgen and I don't understand why one is praised and the other vilified. They're on par in my eyes.
I think it’s because Madgen has a tendency to make large errors, some of which result in opposition goals.

Lets get 50 games into him and then judge, he doesn't look hopeless and could be one of those guys to flourish with experience, reminds me a bit of Tom Langdon, Tommy was hardly a good player in his first couple of years but worked his way into a pretty decent player, Murphy could be the same.

I think once he gets some experience and finds a permanent role he will be alright.

He isn’t a forward. His hands are only ok which is nowhere near good enough when you don’t have the forward craft to get separation. Last night was also the first time I’d have questioned his pace as well. That suggests to me that he is much better at reading the ball in motion in the defensive half.

For mine he’s down the pecking order in terms of guys we’re carrying, but this forward move is an experiment that won’t last long.

reminds me a bit of Tom Langdon, Tommy was hardly a good player in his first couple of years but worked his way into a pretty decent player
You and I remember Tommy Langdon very differently.

I'd throw him down back.. he's hard it.. courageous.. get him to get in the way of everything.. crash a few bodies.. tackle.. harass.. intercept marks.. don't think we'll ever get a lot of run coming out of defence from him.. but I reckon he could an absolute rock back there.. could turn out to be a very important player for us. Bloke who does a lot of the selfless dirty work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back