Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Nothing like drafting the heir apparent then ******ing his future with a thoroughly unimpressive potential HC candidate.

**Note**

THERE IS NOTHING OFFENSIVE ABOUT THE WORD R-E-T-A-R-D-I-N-G.
It's smart by BB, because if Patricia succeeds him relatively soon and Mac isn't a good QB guess what the reason is? It'll all be on Patricia.
I'm comfortable with blaming him.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
It's smart by BB, because if Patricia succeeds him relatively soon and Mac isn't a good QB guess what the reason is? It'll all be on Patricia.
I'm comfortable with blaming him.
I'm on record saying Jones will be the best QB from this draft so I'd prefer he had a HC who can maximise that potential.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Patriots CB Stephon Gilmore "doesn't expect to be traded."
Gilmore skipped OTAs and plans to take his holdout into training camp. Coming off an injury-shortened 2020, the Patriots don't want to trade low on Gilmore, as they're in win-now mode and don't have anyone to replace him. Fowler expects the sides to "ramp up" negotiations sometime before training camp. Gilmore, the 24th highest paid corner in the league, is set to make $7.9 million in the final season of a five-year deal.
SOURCE: ESPN
Jul 2, 2021, 6:54 PM ET

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Outside of the fact Harry has been a monumental bust (which saddens me, I'd hoped he could prove an Anquain Boldin type of WR) what kind of idiot publicly requests a trade when his client is clearly, a player on the roster bubble and likely, will be out of the league post rookie contract? When you can't create separation, it doesn't matter where you end up N'Keal.

Whod want to trade for him lol? He's exactly the same as KB, blaming Cam for his struggles, slow as *, thinks he's hot s**t coz hes a first round pick....lockerroms dont like players like , his career is officially over.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Whod want to trade for him lol? He's exactly the same as KB, blaming Cam for his struggles, slow as fu**, thinks he's hot sh*t coz hes a first round pick....lockerroms dont like players like , his career is officially over.
In a nutshell, yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from being another BB first round bust ......... the guy has provided little of note and offers diddly squat to the team going forward.

Hard to see him getting much action this year, with the pair of TE's that have been bought in.

Having a massive sook, after delivering so little production, wont endear him to many other teams GM

To be honest he wont be missed as far as game day contributions are concerned.

Take the hit, move him on and free up a list spot for someone else.

Good luck to him finding a new team.

It's funny how different WR busts can be, you have sooks like Harry who can't handle being told they are not good enough and make up excuses along with throwing teammates under the bus, you have unlucky bastards like Kevin White who just get cursed with injury, and then you've got ones who I admire like Nelson Agholor who don't whinge, don't let fan hate get to them and work their arse off to still carve out a role in the NFL.

Attitude and a willingness to accept a role is everything. You can still be fility rich and successful if you can put your ego to the side.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cassius Marsh Says Patriots ‘Treat Players Like Crap,’ Bill Belichick Holds Boring Team Meetings

July 13, 2021 at 12:16 pm

By Michael Hurley, CBS Boston

BOSTON (CBS) — At this point, Cassius Marsh might have spent more time speaking about the Patriots than he actually spent on the Patriots. Nevertheless, it’s working out for him from a visibility standpoint.

Marsh, who played nine games for the Patriots in 2017 before getting waived, spoke about his brief tenure in New England on the “2 Bears, 1 Cave” podcast with Tom Segura. The 29-year-old — who’s now on the Steelers, his seventh NFL team — once again reflected on his Patriots tenure with a lot of negativity.
“The Patriot Way is pretty, it’s extremely impressive. Like, they work day in and day out, their work ethic over there, what they instill is pretty legendary. But they also treat players like crap,” Marsh stated.

Marsh’s first thought to explain this assertion: no lunchtime for players.

“They don’t, you don’t have like — you don’t have a lunch, period,” Marsh said. “You get there and you have to make time to eat in between meetings. And they’re like 5-10 minute periods where I would literally go scoop food and put in in a cup and like just crush it real quick before I got to the next meeting. It’s just like there’s no … no B.S. There’s no fun.”

(The podcast is on YouTube, though be warned: there is some foul language.)

At that point, Marsh caught himself, noting that he “got in trouble” a few years back for saying that the Patriots have no fun. In this interview, though, Marsh said that Patriots players have thanked him privately for saying what he said publicly.

“Here’s the thing. Like, over there, nobody says anything publicly, because they’ve won so many championships. So you don’t want to upset the fan base, because after you win a Super Bowl, you can get paid for signings in New England for the rest of your life, because you’re a Super Bowl champ,” Marsh said. “So it was funny like when I did that article, a lot of the players like thanked me for like making it public on how bad they treat guys.”

Marsh also said that remaining on Bill Belichick’s good side is quite important for any Patriot.

“If you piss off Bill, you’re done,” he said.

A report in 2018 said that Marsh had a locker room “tirade” over playing time in the 2017 season, leading to his rushed departure from the team.

In the podcast interview, Marsh suggested he didn’t really enjoy sitting in Belichick’s daily meetings.

“Dude, OK. So [laughing]. Yo, so, imagine like, oh man … imagine you’re working like a 9 to 5, and like, everybody’s at like a team meeting, right? And it’s almost in like a school assembly, OK? And the dude who walks in is like the CEO and he’s like an old dude who you know just plays no games. So like when he walks in, it’s dead quiet. Like … everything stops. All phones get put away. All laughter, any type of little chit-chat, done. K? Nobody plays around with Bill. I mean … nobody plays with Bill for the most part,” Marsh said. “So he walks in there and then he comes up to like a podium and he addresses the team for like 45 minutes to an hour every morning. He talks about the GM’s history, talks about the team’s history, talks about defensive, offensive coordinator’s history, the way that they used to run their defense, the way that they run their defense now, the history of all of the coaches.”

Marsh added sarcastically: “Super, super exciting to listen to him talk. Yeah.”

Marsh did say that he respects Belichick, who is “an extremely intelligent coach,” which was very nice of him to say about the six-time Super Bowl champion head coach.

However, Marsh said he much preferred the style of Pete Carroll in Seattle.

“I also came from Seattle, which is like, fun, family, we shoot hoops before every meeting and it’s a competition every day,” Marsh said. “We’re riding scooters from meeting to meeting. Super fun, family, college vibes.”

The Seahawks traded Marsh to New England in 2017, and then released him again in 2019, when he tried to make the team for a second time. Since then, he’s played for Arizona, Jacksonville, and Indianapolis. He signed with Pittsburgh last December, but has yet to play for the Steelers.

He seemed to revel a bit in being “probably one of the most-hated former Patriots” based on his previous comments, so he probably won’t mind getting a ride on the news cycle again in New England for bashing the Patriots. Given that it’s the dead time of the sports calendar, he may get some play. This story right here is certainly contributing to that phenomenon.

But in the meanwhile, let’s just hope that Marsh’s summer is full of lunch breaks and scooter rides. That’s really what NFL football should be all about.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ex-Patriots receiver Deion Branch responds to Cassius Marsh's harsh comments about playing in New England

By Tyler Sullivan
6 hrs ago

The "Patriot Way" is no stranger to criticism. Even as New England piled up titles over the previous two decades, the militaristic coaching style of Bill Belichick and the no-nonsense culture he's developed in Foxborough has endured its fair share of critiques, especially from players who clashed with that approach. The latest example of that comes from current Steelers linebacker Cassius Marsh, who played in New England for nine games back in 2017. While he commended the team's work ethic, Marsh also noted on Tom Segura's 2 Bears, 1 Cave podcast they "treat players like crap."

Naturally, Marsh's comments about New England's system have garnered a lot of attention, including from former Patriots receiver Deion Branch. The Super Bowl XXXIX MVP played a total of seven seasons in Foxborough and came to the defense of his former team, albeit while acknowledging that it's a tough place to play.

"New England isn't for every player," Branch said during an appearance on NBC Sports Boston's "Early Edition." "New England is not the place you want to go and think you're just gonna play first and you do your work later. No, it's you work first and then we play. As far as playing the game in New England, I do not agree with him on that. I never had a situation where I felt myself or any of my former teammates felt like they were mistreated."

This isn't the first time that Marsh has been critical of the Patriots. Back in 2018, he also highlighted his disdain saying "there's nothing fun about" playing in New England. Those previous comments by Marsh were recently referenced by current Giants head coach Joe Judge, who was with the Patriots during that time as the special teams coordinator. Judge appeared on an episode of The Ringer's Flying Coach podcast that was released Wednesday and he recalled a story about how Julian Edelman responded to those remarks in-house.

"When we came out of that whole deal in 2017 where it was like … 'It's not fun, it's this, it's that' … there was a white grease board on the wall (at Gillette Stadium), and it was blank," Judge told Sean McVay and Peter Schrager, who host the podcast. "He walked in and wrote in the middle of the board, 'Winning is fun.' And it was something everyone read as they walked in every day. … He kind of spread the message to the entire team of, 'Hey guys, you want to have fun? Winning is fun. We do everything we can to win here.'"

Of course, winning is the name of the game in the NFL. If that means limiting the amount of tomfoolery throughout the week, it's a necessary price to pay. That said, that type of culture likely only works if the other end of the bargain is met: winning. After a 7-9 season that included the Patriots missing out on the playoffs for the first time since 2008 last year, Bill Belichick will likely need to get back to his winnings ways for his players to truly buy in to his culture.

Back