Review Good bad ugly vs Collingwood - Rd 12, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

They have no idea because half of them are still floundering on the ground because every defender we have flew for the ******* ball and did nothing but cannon into each other.
Defense is a unit
That was what was so good when Talia Laird Brown snd Smith were the nucleus
We need to find a back 6 - got 4 in Butts Smith Brown and Doedee - needs tweaking and settling
Honestly, i'm not that upset about last night.

I think a top 3 pick is what we need.

A few of the BAD though -

Sholl getting rag dolled at every possession - needs a bit more time on the weights and pilates reformer
Goal kicking
Elliott torching us
D-Mac

Thought Doedee was great, as was Rory Laird

Overall, i'm very 'meh' about this game.
👍🏼
Aiming this year for improvement - but youth also brings inconsistency
Little losses I can live with

but NOT KICKING SET SHOTS GIVES ME THE SHITS
- no wind to speak of and dry as a bone
No excuse

Young, inexperienced. Pattern of a developing side though. Some really encouraging wins and some really disappointing losses. Future is great IMO.
Agree
But Tex slots a couple / Elliott misses a couple .... meh
Losing is bearable when thinking about the elite mid we should snag in the draft !

Schoenberg has plenty of good moments and is showing a heap of promise but anyone suggesting his kicking is up to scratch currently Is definitely looking at his game through rose coloured lens.

Needs to tidy that aspect of his game up pronto.

Mackay was terrible, but I’m just here for all the people complaining ‘Moookaay’ was holding back McPherson and Hamill from getting games.

Well those two, along with ROC, were worst on ground.

McPherson - 34 Metres gained, 1 tackle
Hamill - 97 metres gained, 1 tackle.

Chayce Jones might not look too polished at the moment, but he’s putting in a huge amount of effort compared to these two plodders.

Just absolute stinkers, both should be dropped.

What on earth is going on with Sholl? Clearly needs a rest. Rowe didn’t do much, Jake Kelly was doing his best disappearing act again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
you really have trouble with the basics don't you..

has it ever occurred to you at all that guys like mcpherson and hamill haven't even played 50 games yet?.. and you do actually know that you’re gonna get inconsistencies in form and performance from these young players?.

do you also realise the reason lads like this havent gotten all the experience they possible could have to this point is due to the *in clowns selecting mookay week in week out in front of them, and others, for years now.

on top of this, to accomodate mookay and get him in the side the clowns also play our youth out of position (yep, you’re wondering what‘s happening to sholl. same thing milera dealt with for years, having to be shifted around and played out of position for mackay. theres your answer, you’d see it if you bothered to open your eyes).. granting game after game to a 32 year old bog average hack over promising young players.. what a brilliant strategy.

that you seem to be completely oblivious to all this and continue to make excuses for mookay and instead focus on our youth’s failings shows just how utterly clueless you are..

Yes, and this is Hinkley's ninth year as Head Coach without a Flag.
Anybody here think Nicks will last 8 seasons without a Premiership, and that Nicks-assistants will go on to win Flags?

I wouldn't put it past our club, I am expecting our club to get carried away with a few big wins this season and extend Nick's at the end of the year for two more years.

Schoenberg has plenty of good moments and is showing a heap of promise but anyone suggesting his kicking is up to scratch currently Is definitely looking at his game through rose coloured lens.

He's all or nothing type, either hits that wow kick but has a tendency to shank a 15m lead up

In the context of the game we played, a loss was a far better outcome than a win. The 4 points are largely meaningless at the moment - we're still at the stage in our re-evolution where feeling the pain and frustration of losing games like this that they should have won is more important.

They need to understand the repercussions of not sticking to their structures and executing basic skills, and this game did that in spades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's all or nothing type, either hits that wow kick but has a tendency to shank a 15m lead up

That "pass" to Thilthorpe, eek. Commentators were aghast "he just had to give it some air". Coll defender 15m out of position couldnt believe his luck.

Nah his kicking is fine.

It's his handballing that needs work. Tries a few too many over the head no look backwards passes. Needs to focus on the simple stuff

WOW, that surprises me coming from you. I agree he isn't mr 100% but he also comes up with some absolutely beautiful kicks. That one to Tex on the lead last night was so underrated, as the great man says "centimetre perfect". If anything he does try to bight off more than he can chew but for a young kid I'm willing to cop those. The last thing we need is a coach coming down on his clangers when his hit ups are so good. That one Quanor intercepted looked like it was there. I was on the boundary not far from him and didn't see Quanor either, he just read it perfectly so gets the kudos.
It's his 2nd season Bicks, he'll make mistakes but this kid is a footballer, he'll get it right. If I was Nicks I'd back this kid in all the way cause he's a gun in the making.

When he fell over on the boundary line where we lost the ball... just summed him up.

We are in a rebuild so it's so pointless playing him ahead of a young player.
The momentum was sucked out of the game

Similar to Brodie Smith's massive brain fart turnover after his intercept mark.

I wouldn't put it past our club, I am expecting our club to get carried away with a few big wins this season and extend Nick's at the end of the year for two more years.
I would, 9 years would be an enormous tenure for a Crows coach

Last year there would have been a good chance that we watched the game blow out after giving up that Q1 lead. I loved the fact that we fought it out and would have won if either of Tex or Fog kicked to their normal accuracy.

RoB was much better around the ground - the TV commentators said he had been carrying some kind of injury?

I don't know enough about football to say whether it is composure or skill but replace some of those sky-balls with Sholl/Walker/Seedsman-style passes and our game plan will look very very good.

When he fell over on the boundary line where we lost the ball... just summed him up.

We are in a rebuild so it's so pointless playing him ahead of a young player.
Was that from the Jones panic handball to his feet.

Yes DMac should keep his feet, preferably in the SANFL team, but that handball was a shocker.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The reason our defenders are often all at sea with positioning is that week by week they are playing alongside a totally different mix of players.

Doedee, Butts and Smith have played every game. Kelly missed one, and McPherson and Hamill have missed 2 each. Brown has missed 3. That’s a pretty stable group.

People on here laughing at Port and Hinkley but Nicks learnt the coaching caper under Hinkley and is yet to show anything amazing as Crows coach.
Nicks has beaten top 8 teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back