Competition Can-Am Premiership 2021 - Champions: Indiana Bluebirds - Post Season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Craegus Sorry for the bother, would I be able to possibly relocate the fledgling Dynamo to Washington DC? I’ve been struggling with ideas for Detroit.

Team Location: Washington DC
Team Nickname: Jurassic
Proposed CA2 Location: Bethesda (Brontosaurs)
Colours: Chartreuse, black, white

Look, the people of Detroit are going to be disappointed.

But they are not my problem, maybe yours at some point.

So yeah that is fine.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Spanna_ EagleOz

DimpledInsecureAlligatorgar-max-1mb.gif

Gents you there? Are you in or out?

Also Barrybran any update on if Vegas are officially in or out? Need to finalise conferences for confirmed teams so that I can look at opening up submissions.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Just starting to putting my entry together for this one.

A few competitions over the last 12 months have relaxed the rules on what needs to be displayed a little bit to free up designers to not have to shoehorn socks, shorts or a rear view into displays that don't really call for them. Is that the go for this Can-Am 2021 as well?

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Just starting to putting my entry together for this one.

A few competitions over the last 12 months have relaxed the rules on what needs to be displayed a little bit to free up designers to not have to shoehorn socks, shorts or a rear view into displays that don't really call for them. Is that the go for this Can-Am 2021 as well?

I am going to say it is strongly preferred that the front of the jersey and shorts, at least the top of the socks, and back of jersey are shown.

These are where the main design features (and where the design requirements are for this competition) of the uniform are so I feel that they should be shown.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I am going to say it is strongly preferred that the front of the jersey and shorts, at least the top of the socks, and back of jersey are shown.

These are where the main design features (and where the design requirements are for this competition) of the uniform are so I feel that they should be shown.

Very reasonable of you to leave it a bit open there, but I'll do the right thing and display the back and the socks.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Very reasonable of you to leave it a bit open there, but I'll do the right thing and display the back and the socks.

Well I am a little tied by the unique elements of this league. When two of the main elements include having to have a percentage of white or colour on the whole uniform (so including socks), and having a name on the back of the guernsey. If neither are shown, then those unique elements that are used for this competition cannot actually be part of the competition, thus making the competition more like the rest.

Is this still open to apply?

Yes, you may still bid for a team.

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
Yes, you may still bid for a team.
Ok sweet

Team Location: Sacramento, CA
Team Nickname: Sacramento Rush
Proposed CA2 Location: Sacramento, CA (TBC)
Colours: Gold, Black, Purple (TBC)

Does the CA2 team have to have the same colour scheme as the main team?
And can the CA2 team have a nickname as their location? Eg River City

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Team Location: Sacramento, CA
Team Nickname: Sacramento Rush
Proposed CA2 Location: Sacramento, CA (TBC)
Colours: Gold, Black, Purple (TBC)

The Can-Am organisation will make a decision on this bid within the next day or so.

Does the CA2 team have to have the same colour scheme as the main team?

No, it can have any colour scheme that you want.

And can the CA2 team have a nickname as their location? Eg River City

Absolutely, the only caveat on this is that should the franchise be based in a location close to another one then you need permission from the other franchise to use a name that could refer to their region as well.

For both questions I would also suggest looking back at previous seasons to see what people have done with their CA2 teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Even though I am still getting silence from Spanna_ and EagleOz I am moving forward with the competition.

Barrybran I know you are likely out, but could you also 100% confirm your participation or withdrawal as we are at the point of me needing to know solid answers from people.

With this, below are the conferences for this season, new bids will still be accepted, but if you do choose to bid, do take into account the balance of the league currently and the fact that those who have still not responded, or not fully confirmed are locations solidly based in the western conference, so eastern locations will be more likely to be considered. Should an imbalance occur, some teams may need to switch conferences, if this does occur I will take this into account in regards to the submission deadline as edits will have to be made outside peoples control.

Eastern Conference

Indiana Bluebirds - El_Scorcho
New York Nationals - just_kick_it
Norfolk Pilots - muggsy26
Toronto Sixers - caloschwaby
Washington DC Jurassic - SunsphereParker
Philadelphia Surge - exile
Winnepeg Blitz - tigerz18
Colorado Bighorns - Kangas_11

Western Conference

San Jose Bytes - Hammer_head
Los Angeles Bears - fancyscum
Vancouver Stags - craegus
Team San Diego - magpienato
Sacramento Rush - magpiemaniac44
Albuquerque Invaders - Bowakawa
Phoenix TBA - BringBackTheAnchor

------------------------------

Submissions are also now open, the deadline for these will be the 30th of June 11:59:59pm AEST.

Any submissions after this point WILL face late submission penalties.

Also note that I will not be checking all the time to see if submissions meet the design guidelines, so if you submit close to the deadline and do not have a correct entry you may also face penalties for late submission if your edits are not submitted before the deadline.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019
Dragon Island
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, OKC
Even though I am still getting silence from Spanna_ and EagleOz I am moving forward with the competition.

Barrybran I know you are likely out, but could you also 100% confirm your participation or withdrawal as we are at the point of me needing to know solid answers from people.

With this, below are the conferences for this season, new bids will still be accepted, but if you do choose to bid, do take into account the balance of the league currently and the fact that those who have still not responded, or not fully confirmed are locations solidly based in the western conference, so eastern locations will be more likely to be considered. Should an imbalance occur, some teams may need to switch conferences, if this does occur I will take this into account in regards to the submission deadline as edits will have to be made outside peoples control.

Eastern Conference

Indiana Bluebirds - El_Scorcho
New York Nationals - just_kick_it
Norfolk Pilots - muggsy26
Toronto Sixers - caloschwaby
Washington DC Jurassic - SunsphereParker
Philadelphia Surge - exile
Winnepeg Blitz - tigerz18

Western Conference

San Jose Bytes - Hammer_head
Los Angeles Bears - fancyscum
Vancouver Stags - craegus
Team San Diego - magpienato
Sacramento Rush - magpiemaniac44
Colorado Bighorns - Kangas_11
Albuquerque Invaders - Bowakawa

------------------------------

Submissions are also now open, the deadline for these will be the 30th of June 11:59:59pm AEST.

Any submissions after this point WILL face late submission penalties.

Also note that I will not be checking all the time to see if submissions meet the design guidelines, so if you submit close to the deadline and do not have a correct entry you may also face penalties for late submission if your edits are not submitted before the deadline.
Hey Craegus I thought my bid was accepted?

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Hey Craegus I thought my bid was accepted?

It is, it is totally there. Check the post, and even the OP, it is absolutely there and wasn't somehow missed. And more so Kangas_11 Colorado are and have always been in the Eastern Conference because of your Phoenix franchise being in the West.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
question? Are we able to change team nickname and colours prior to submitting, or is everything we've applied with now set in stone?

They are not set in stone, but will need to be put up as a notification to others to make sure there are no overlaps with other franchises.

As of writing this, and as I have not heard from the three people with possible west based teams, yes.

Still using paint do I’ll be a but bad, no harm in trying.

Team Location: Edmonton, AL, Canada
Team Nickname: Alberta TBC
Proposed CA2 Location: Calgary, AL, Canada
Colours: TBC

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Still using paint do I’ll be a but bad, no harm in trying.

Team Location: Edmonton, AL, Canada
Team Nickname: Alberta TBC
Proposed CA2 Location: Calgary, AL, Canada
Colours: TBC

Location for the team is fine, but with a possible team in Calgary (still a reserved location despite not hearing from the entrant), I cannot accept the team name or the CA2 location.

If the team name was changed to Edmonton then that is fine, however the CA2 team will need to be based in a location that is no further south than Red Deer.

Location for the team is fine, but with a possible team in Calgary (still a reserved location despite not hearing from the entrant), I cannot accept the team name or the CA2 location.

If the team name was changed to Edmonton then that is fine, however the CA2 team will need to be based in a location that is no further south than Red Deer.

Ok I’ll go with Edmonton, University of Alberta.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back