Review Good bad ugly vs Collingwood - Rd 12, 2021

Clayton Lamb

Senior List
Oct 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thankyou for your kind comments Mr Lamb..

seems funny how all you are doing is attacking me, and others here I notice, instead of actually providing a alternative argument..

You know.. you could actually tell us where we are wrong about mackay and explain just exactly what it is he is providing at this point instead of ranting and raving about what profile name I have chosen..

but i guess attacking people and ranting and raving is all you’ve got left when it comes to defending your beloved david.. cant exactly point to his onfield perfomances to help you can you Mr Lamb..

I have no wish for Mackay to be in the side, but seriously your claim that somehow his playing explains why some of our younger squad members aren't performing is nonsensical dribble.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
If you want something bad enough you'll find a way
This!
Before a tour of India, Matty Haydn spent the off-season practising against spin bowlers (whom I believe he paid) to perfect his sweep shot. That, is commitment. The rest is history.
McAdam and Rowe could work on their defensive skills.
Fogarty could get fitter/leaner and increase his workrate.
Keays could get help with his non-right-foot.
Himmelberg could get help with goalkicking.
RoB could get help with kicking in general.
Smithers could get some help with his short passing, and so on.

They just don't, and why they don't (and why the Coaches tolerate their deficiencies) is beyond me.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
The AFC will love this story though and I bet he has a great attitude, so they will persist down this path as long as they can and invest many years in him to try and give him a career.
Perhaps that's the malaise right there?
The Crows give players careers. Mackay is the obvious example cuurently.
Successful Clubs make their players earn careers.

Clayton Lamb

Senior List
Oct 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
How very ironic. The person trying to shift the blame calling others out for blame-shifting.

If Mackay manages to pick up the ball, it's a stoppage. An ok result considering that we were under pressure in our back 50, and much better than a turnover at 60-70 m which is a likely result for a dump kick under pressure. He just tripped over his own feet. It was an absolute screw up from an experienced player, and one of those plays that make a convincing argument that it's time to retire, the game has gone past you.

If Jones made a minor mistake (and a handball to someone's feet under pressure is a minor mistake, as you should still be able to retain possession from it, you've just lost whatever momentum you had), Mackay compounded it into an absolute disaster.

So I see you are still in the Clueless position of blaming Mackay for not cleaning up Jones's poor decision making and handball execution - there's no point arguing against stupidity.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
I have no wish for Mackay to be in the side, but seriously your claim that somehow his playing explains why some of our younger squad members aren't performing is nonsensical dribble.
thank you again mr lamb for your comments..

you can have your opinion and I will have mine.. thats what these forums and threads are for.. not sure why that makes you so angry though.

if you cant comprehend how continuing to play Mackay week after week and year after year is detrimental to the development of our youth then so be it. I however will continue to discuss it here and elsewhere until the bloke is finally dropped from the side.

and just put me on ignore if you dont want to read my thoughts.. its probably best you do because it clearly puts you in an intense emotional state.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
It was an underground handball which was required at that time and Mackay was expecting and the ball didn't even hit his shin, the ball bounce multiple time before reaching Mackay who just happened not to gather the ball because he fell over.
To be fair, Mackay was running and looking back over his left shoulder, expecting the ball to come to his left (looked like).
The handball went to his right and wrong-footed him. Mackay twisted his body around to his right with his right leg extended forward and, yes, fell over. It looked comical, but try that movement yourself. You'll fall over.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I must have been asleep or away when this happened. The Crows could have got Dusty? What happened, please?

Put him in our 2017 GF side, and ...
Must be 5-6 years ago now ....Dusty's Manager was hawking him around to Clubs ....Crows were approached and a statement was issued by the club IIRC, because the media had linked us as a possibility ....anyway he was then finally linked to GWS and did a tour of their premises ....then it all fell apart for reasons I can't recall now

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Must be 5-6 years ago now ....Dusty's Manager was hawking him around to Clubs ....Crows were approached and a statement was issued by the club IIRC, because the media had linked us as a possibility ....anyway he was then finally linked to GWS and did a tour of their premises ....then it all fell apart for reasons I can't recall now
Thanks for that.
Was it related to this, in 2013?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

Truck25

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
I’d prefer to win the ones we clearly should have won,and lose the ones you would expect and put up a good performance.
No way, we gain nothing from beating those around us, in fact we lose in the form of picks. Pies game was an 8 point game in reverse, think draft. But those wins against teams like Cats and Demons have less effect on our picks but a major boost to the confidence of the kids. And they are bloody amazing to be at, It's the best thing thing about rebuilds, That gem of a game knocking off a top club, this year we have 2 so far that I am going to watch multiple time this summer.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Yes .....8 year huh ....gee time fly's
Yeah, and it's a helluva ride.
Speaking of Dusty, I watched Richmond vs Essendon. Pains me to say this, but Richmond reminded me of many excellent teams and individual players eg in tennis, who lift their output when challenged. It reminded me also of the Crows vs West Coast, who did just enough to win and upped their game when the Crows threatened.
Essendon were 22 points down at 3/4 time, came out on fire and kicked 4 goals quickly to take the lead. Richmond didn't just re-group and fight back. They lifted, all across the ground, and not just enough to win. They kicked the next 7 goals :oops: in a you-can't-top-this blitz to win by more than 6 goals. Richmond had been simmering, turned up the heat when needed and boiled over.
Their top gear is, like I said I hate to say this, but --- awesome.
Their development and ability to change gear in a game makes the Crows' demise look even worse.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, but if we’d have nabbed him, he would have only played a quarter of the games he has now. Not because we wouldn’t play him, but does anyone reckon the AFL would allow him to get away with the s**t he’s gotten away if he was a Crow? Not a chance. He’d have spent half his career suspended for bringing the game into disrepute. But Richmond.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, but if we’d have nabbed him, he would have only played a quarter of the games he has now. Not because we wouldn’t play him, but does anyone reckon the AFL would allow him to get away with the sh*t he’s gotten away if he was a Crow? Not a chance. He’d have spent half his career suspended for bringing the game into disrepute. But Richmond.

just the AFL? We'd have delisted him for it.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Wonder whether we were kicking it lower due to the breezy conditions.

Unfortunately our kicking skills in general were poor.

Without seeing the stats, I'm confident most of our goals conceded were from a turnover kick.
The kicking was weird. So many dropped short and helicopter type punts.

Almost like the balls deflated in our guys hands.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Didn't it recently come out that you made him a massive offer but he decided to stay?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't it recently come out that you made him a massive offer but he decided to stay?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
i seem to remember the same

our offer was bigger than richmonds
but their list manager or head of football or something, said hell receive a s**t tonne more outside the salary cap in Melbourne than he would in Adelaide

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
gallucci: first round pick bust
jones: first round pick bust
b crouch: not here anymore. should of pushed the bulldogs for their pick 11 but roo and kelly were all talk no action.
m crouch: been injured all year and prolly wont be here next year. not an elite player regardless
poholke: garbage, delisted
lyons: traded for a packet of chips, better than keays
bryce gibbs: gave up 2 first rounders for a slow 29 year old. terrible decision

absolute dogshit recruiting and list management.

Jones isn't a bust yet, I think him being mind ****ed put him back to square one. So I see his last month as giving him a chance to prove himself a worthy first rounder. Not as confident as I once was, but there's still some evidence and hope. Agree with the rest, except Mrouch. He's elite at his role but I do doubt the value of the slow accumulator without an elite trait to go with it.

Can anyone explain how this was "holding the ball"?

I know the AFL has the following interpretations:

* If a player drops the ball while being tackled / about to be tackled, play-on
* If the ball gets knocked out in an exaggerated fashion during a tackle, holding-the-ball

But there was no real tackle here and the ball was just fumbled.

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,
Can anyone explain how this was "holding the ball"?

I know the AFL has the following interpretations:

* If a player drops the ball while being tackled / about to be tackled, play-on
* If the ball gets knocked out in an exaggerated fashion during a tackle, holding-the-ball

But there was no real tackle here and the ball was just fumbled.

I see that as dropping the ball. He tried to push off tackler and got tackled and dropped the ball while being tackled (was a weird tackle)

Back