The most likely 2021 AFL Grand Final matchup

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
Halfway through season 2021, who are your teams that will feature in this year's Grand Final?

Dees vs Tigers is a likely scenario at this stage of the season. The two best teams of the season.

Still think its likely to be Dees v Dogs with Lions the smokey.
Something like this.
Melbourne v Brisbane would be a good grand final.
Dogs and Dees meet in 1954 grand final. Wonder if Melbourne and Fitzroy ever did meet up in one of the early grand finals when Fitzroy were on 8 premierships.

Wonder if Melbourne and Fitzroy ever did meet up in one of the early grand finals when Fitzroy were on 8 premierships.
Melbourne actually played Fitzroy in the 1900 VFL Grand Final, with the Demons defeating the Lions (4.10 34 - 3.12 30) at the old East Melbourne Cricket Ground, to stop the Roys winning three premierships in a row from 1898-1900 during that era.

As well as that, Fitzroy played Melbourne in the 1982 VFL Under 19s Grand Final, with the Lions winning (21.13 139 - 20.8 128) against the Demons at the Melbourne Cricket Ground for Fitzroy's last ever Under 19s trophy as a club in the VFL/AFL system.

Hopefully the latter one happens again if we have to play the Demons again in the Grand Final, this year ;)

Last edited:
We haven’t been anywhere near the best side this season but same like the last few years we haven’t been able to get our full side together until the back half of the year.

Going to be a bigger ask this year I reckon but given our history I will back us in. I reckon a few teams above would be nervous about dropping a game or two with us only a game out of the four now.

As good as Melbourne have been I worry about them peaking to early Adelaide in 17 and us in 18 peaked to early best team all year and didn’t have a flag to show for it.

A fresh Dangerfield back for the second half makes Geelong and even more dangerous proposition. Melbourne from memory have a tough run home playing a lot of the top 8 sides who will be playing for top 4 Top 8 spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port haven't been mentioned, but they're just as likely as any of the other teams around the top. Form has been a bit patchy but they're still 8-3 with a healthy percentage. They were the 2nd best team in the comp last year so if they find form they'll be right in the mix.

Dees vs Tigers for me at this stage though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back