Coach Teague in or out?

Teague in or out?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it in the game thread.

I'd sack Teague now.

I'd give Barker the rest of the season to stamp his own papers ..

I'd do an external recruitment search.

And I'd probably land on Voss and have firmer organisational approach to list management than what he had when he was coaching the Lions.

We have had a team full of coach killers for years, from our leadership group down. I don't want them to claim another scalp.

Stick with Teague, seeing as these same players backed him into the role in the first place. The head coach is someone the players must play for - I think their hearts are still in it but their heads are mighty confused.

While the heart remains, keep the head coach, and seismically improve the football department around him.

Start with the basics, like getting Patty Cripps a proper pair of boots so he doesn't slip over every 5 ******* minutes.

Go all the way to a new look simpler game plan over summer, tailored to suit the modern game and our list strengths.

If that doesn't start to make things work next year, review the problems and go again. By then, if it's Teague, we'll actually know.

Seems like the players run the club.
if he can remedy that then fine, but if he can’t make big steps toward turning it around in a year then out he goes.
And 1st priority is to get a seasoned full time senior assistant / match day coach on-site. No more of this joke setup with Woosha.

Go all the way to a new look simpler game plan over summer, tailored to suit the modern game and our list strengths..

Nobody has put a gun to Teague's head and ordered him to play with this gameplan. It's his decision, his way.

People have been crying out for weeks, months, the issues with the current strategy and why it hasn't and won't work.

Teague has been too stubborn to change things up. Almost refuses to play players in different roles, to simplify the gameplan, to engage the minds of the team and to stop treating them like robots. It's not working.

The players have the look of old factory workers who have been asked to do the same repetitive task over and over again while the coach expects something to click and achieve different results. Its insanity.

There is no joy in the group. The only player who genuinely consistently looks as though he is enjoying his football over the past month has been Eddie Betts. The same Eddie who treats every game as his last as he knows his time is almost up.

Teague must go but it’s been a total balls up from the start. The 5 people that sat on that selection panel who employed him also must go. They new what they had before he was appointed as coach and have totally screwed up. Liddle has deflected our football performance all year by talking about finances and memberships numbers. He employed a mate as Football Operations in Lloyd who has been there for 3 years. He employed Agresta, Villani and kept Barker who are his mates. The board have let this mates club run riot and this is what you get with a bunch of pack slappers and a group who have limited knowledge of football.

Teague must go but it’s been a total balls up from the start. The 5 people that sat on that selection panel who employed him also must go. They new what they had before he was appointed as coach and have totally screwed up. Liddle has deflected our football performance all year by talking about finances and memberships numbers. He employed a mate as Football Operations in Lloyd who has been there for 3 years. He employed Agresta, Villani and kept Barker who are his mates. The board have let this mates club run riot and this is what you get with a bunch of pack slappers and a group who have limited knowledge of football.
You are spot on.

In relation to coaching appointment process, to appoint Teague who didn't even meet the criteria just fan and player sentiment, is a failure.

On that committee sat MLG, Judd, Campbell, Liddle, Lloyd - all must be questioned.

Liddle, a CEO on training wheels. Total singular focus on Membership sales.

Meddling in player recruitment, evidenced by going around our List mgt process.

Appointing mates to key roles.

Lloyd, Head of Football, another on training wheels. Never done that role before.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I reckon we won't see anyone moved on until a real proper flogging occurs.
Yesterday was a real flogging. Only 5 players showed an appropriate care or desire in Walsh, Fisher, JSOS, Eddie and Pittonet, the rest just continued to hope someone else would lead the way and ride on their coat tails. Mentally we were not in it from the bounce and if 2-3 of their outs were in that would've been an 8-10 goal loss easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday was a real flogging. Only 5 players showed an appropriate care or desire in Walsh, Fisher, JSOS, Eddie and Pittonet, the rest just continued to hope someone else would lead the way and ride on their coat tails. Mentally we were not in it from the bounce and if 2-3 of their outs were in that would've been an 8-10 goal loss easy.
I know, I think it was. I just meant one where we have things like we saw end of Bolton, players just stopping and allowing a 100 point loss.

Enough players were still trying through to the end, as bad as we were, for the club to believe spin and keep going (for now).

I know, I think it was. I just meant one where we have things like we saw end of Bolton, players just stopping and allowing a 100 point loss.

Enough players were still trying through to the end, as bad as we were, for the club to believe spin and keep going (for now).
Both captains showing poor care/desire or lack of game plan nous. Coach decides to sit on the bench for the first time and just literally sits on the bench! He could of at least passed the headset around for the other cronies in the box to continue with their sage advice. Did Teague even wear a headset himself and get feedback or have a discussion with the other coaches??

Players were either all unfit and that translated to poor skills execution, or they've been trained when it's all too hard Teague will commend us for our good periods and just say we need to get better and learn at the bad stuff. Oh and so help me if I'm dropped, because I'll sook it up and demand a trade....

The number on the scoreboard does not necessarily dictate a poor performance. What we see on-field is the result of everything off-field and that's where we are rotten and broken.

Hyperbole? Please explain what part of that you feel is exaggerated?

The Eagles have had a sizable injury list all year yet they are still in the 8

Prior to this year, they have played the SCG once in four years and that has been against 1 side

And further hyperbole is your push for 100 signatures to force a board spill. Who would you nominate as the head of this so called review?

Start and end with the priority issues, rather than just some worthless royal commission to appease "I demand answers as a supporter "

The Eagles have had a sizable injury list all year yet they are still in the 8

Prior to this year, they have played the SCG once in four years and that has been against 1 side

And further hyperbole is your push for 100 signatures to force a board spill. Who would you nominate as the head of this so called review?

Start and end with the priority issues, rather than just some worthless royal commission to appease "I demand answers as a supporter "
Yeah.... I refuse to adopt the Arr0w from Bigfooty approach of "continue to make excuses for perpetual poor performance" - sorry not sorry.
Yesterday was a diabolical performance, that's an objective assessment that even you have made separately.
At what point do you step back, look at the last 20 years of performance at this club and say - "yeah, this isn't just a David Teague problem, this is something that runs much deeper and multi-faceted"?
If we need to address the problem with the senior coach - which I contend we do - you must go beyond and look at the problems with at least the people that appointed him, and neglected to bolster the calibre of support around him. Otherwise it's really just groundhog day again, and we are learning no lessons from our mistakes of the past.

We've had a few like this. Really hopeless, horrible performances that don't get the full attention they deserve because the scoreboard flattered us for whatever reason.

Yeah.... I refuse to adopt the Arr0w from Bigfooty approach of "continue to make excuses for perpetual poor performance" - sorry not sorry.
Yesterday was a diabolical performance, that's an objective assessment that even you have made separately.
At what point do you step back, look at the last 20 years of performance at this club and say - "yeah, this isn't just a David Teague problem, this is something that runs much deeper and multi-faceted"?
If we need to address the problem with the senior coach - which I contend we do - you must go beyond and look at the problems with at least the people that appointed him, and neglected to bolster the calibre of support around him. Otherwise it's really just groundhog day again, and we are learning no lessons from our mistakes of the past.

You contradict yourself so many times

Could you point out what excuses I made for yesterday's outing? Have you not seen my consistent messaging regarding my concerns?

On the other hand, you gave a glowing endorsement of Liddle and now when that doesn't fulfill the requirements, you jump ship yet again.

Focus on the core on field issues, you will get your answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back