Autopsy 'Tis but a scratch - injury time -v- Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus... that double act from the umps when they ping Serong for the 'push' on Daniels that the Dogs goal from followed by pinging Serong for 'HTB' at the centre clearance.

No way in the world that was HTB, clearly a punishment free for Serong disagreeing with the previous bullshit call.

This is why I find it interesting when people say JLo sounds clueless/uninspiring/whatever in his pressers.

To me he's very good at analysing and articulating exactly what has gone wrong from a technical perspective compared to some coaches. Whether that translates to him being able to get the team doing it in future remains to be seen of course.

I tend to agree with everything he says in his pressers .... so he’s obviously spot on

I never had a clue what Rosco was waffling on about

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I tend to agree with everything he says in his pressers .... so he’s obviously spot on

I never had a clue what Rosco was waffling on about

Ross starts a point but then rather than finishing it, he starts talking about where that leads. It's super confusing when you first hear it. He still does it in the media now.

Hmm watching the replay now.

good old Razor Ray. Incompetent midget.
Treacy gets his head massaged in a marking contest, no free, bulldogs take it away for their first. So instead of being inside fifty we’re down a goal.
fu** I hate the grand standing little gob sh*te

But then of course they paid the very next dubious chopping the arms for the Dogs.

Which was far less clear cut than the one they didn't pay to Treacy.

Hope its OK to jump in guys. Your team played great tonight - I was worried for most of the night, we just couldnt get away.
Youre seriously very close, youve recruited well and when one day the footy gods stop cursing you with injuries youll be on fire.
Tonight was carnage unfortunately so that day might not come now until '22

Heres hoping to see you guys at the top of the ladder, its time you were top dogs in the West. Obviously with us still there too ;)

Jesus Bont gets some soft frees. Walters legit hits him hip to hip contesting a ground ball and he gets the free for taking the legs.
Taking the legs is the worst free there is. Completely handicaps the bloke going for the ball, happened to JJ just earlier than this one. JJ and Walters should both have been rewarded for attacking the ball, instead theyve given away frees. Stupid stupid rule.

Hope its OK to jump in guys. Your team played great tonight - I was worried for most of the night, we just couldnt get away.
Youre seriously very close, youve recruited well and when one day the footy gods stop cursing you with injuries youll be on fire.

Heres hoping to see you guys at the top of the ladder, its time you were top dogs in the West. Obviously with us still there too ;)
Our games together are usually close so hopefully we can even it up a little more next game we play each other ;)

Backed you lads for the flag before the season so I can say with my sincerest warm wishes

GOOD LUCK !!!! for the rest of the year

Taking the legs is the worst free there is. Completely handicaps the bloke going for the ball, happened to JJ just earlier than this one. JJ and Walters should both have been rewarded for attacking the ball, instead theyve given away frees. Stupid stupid rule.

I don't mind it when it's about contact below the knees, which I think JJ's was. That's when injuries can happen. Walters on Bont was just a clearly incorrect interpretation because it was clearly above the knees.

The other issue with it though is they don't determine who has the forward momentum. Too often a player is already down at the ball and they reward the guy running into and over the top of them. Should only be a free if the player whose legs are taken out is there first (or arriving at the same time) and gets taken out.

Jesus... that double act from the umps when they ping Serong for the 'push' on Daniels that the Dogs goal from followed by pinging Serong for 'HTB' at the centre clearance.

No way in the world that was HTB, clearly a punishment free for Serong disagreeing with the previous bullshit call.

Bont actually got him in the back, then tripped him

3rd qtr, centre clearance after Treacy's goal... Acres personified.

Serong gets the quick kick forward and Acres is running out to the boundary towards it. There couldn't possibly be anyone coming from the opposite angle but he props and looks over his shoulder anyway... no one within 20m

But that's enough to make him spill the mark. Acres personified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must be watching a different game to some here because Acres was awful, as usual. There is no upside to his game.

Everything he does is half hearted. He is soft in the contest and gets stepped around every time. If he does do something good to get the ball, he torches it with his disposal. Throwing him into the ruck did nothing, he was jumping eyes closed expecting contact.

He’s the most net-negative player I’ve seen play for the Dockers.
Yeah reading through this and thought it was bizarre he was getting anything above almost a pass mark, he’s a liability of a player with no upside, gets burned far too often when any opponent runs off him and can’t hurt them on the turnover

Hmm watching the replay now.

good old Razor Ray. Incompetent midget.
Treacy gets his head massaged in a marking contest, no free, bulldogs take it away for their first. So instead of being inside fifty we’re down a goal.
fu** I hate the grand standing little gob sh*te
Alex Keath had about 4 chopping the arm free's not paid against.

Can someone remember properly what happened near the start of the last, when I think it was Dale ran the ball out of defence after Treacy kicked a point. He dodged a tackle and I swear he ran about 40m without bouncing the ball. But there is a good chance I could have been blinded by rage. I nearly broke my seat at the ground. Then it went forward and ended with Wilson's meltdown (which looked like a handball to me before he was pinged, at least by Bulldogs standards).
He definitely ran too far.
I’d have to rewatch but I believe he literally ran from the edge of the goal square to the 50m line, it was blatantly too far

Nah, on replay he kicked it out then ran on for the handball.

Slipped the tackle (weak from Colyer) and only ran 10m before he kicked it.

Yep. If there wasn’t any fine or suspension, Serong would’ve detalitates. Almost as Ray was laughing inside. Honestly preferred Margetts last night. That push happens every time inside the midfield. Daniel did well to sell it

...and I just hit the the Wilson moment.

That wasn't a high free and I'd be pissed if that was paid against us, so I disagree with those who've used that excuse.

And looked a pretty clear cut 50 for a jab at the nads. I'd also be pissed if that wasn't paid to us. Probably not as pissed as the guy who got hit though.

I can’t believe anyone thinks Acres was anything less then very good last night. I’ll have to watch the replay but it screams to me like he’s just a whipping boy at this stage where every negative is amplified 10 fold.

I literally wrote the dude off about 6 weeks ago but I thought he’s been much better since then and it culminated with his best game for us last night.

Suggesting Acres is holding us back is weird to me, Dan Rioli and Kamdyn McIntosh are premiership players. Acres is a role player doing his role and cost a packet of chips, really wouldn’t have thought he was the issue when their isn’t really anyone to replace him

Last edited:
I can’t believe anyone thinks Acres was anything less then very good last night. I’ll have to watch the replay but it screams to me like he’s just a whipping boy at this stage where every negative is amplified 10 fold.

I'd argue he's the anti-Fyfe.

Every mistake of Fyfe's is amplified because we expect him to be perfect, every good thing Acres does is amplified because we expect him to f*ck everything up.

I'm halfway through the last qtr and while there was a few things I congratulated Acres for, they were still all counted on one hand, while I feel like he still messed up more than that.

Man, I was so excited about the prospect of us getting our preferred backline set up with each player in the role they thrive in

Pearce - Locking down gorilla KPFs
Logue - 2nd tall, depending on match-up. Logue's greatest weakness IMO are being overly confident where he should be spoiling rather than trying to win the contest and getting lost on occasions. We are playing him on the 1st tall out of necessity but he'd look a lot better on 2nd talls where he will win most 1 on 1 contests and not be punished as badly for getting lost.
Cox - Roaming third tall, he's not a 1 on 1 defender which is why we prefer Logue on the big boys rather than him. It's why almost every contest win from Cox is coming back or from the side, he hates a wrestle. He's OK as 2nd tall where they arent as good as the big guys
Ryan - roam around doing whatever the * he wants because he reads the play better than anyone else in the game just about

It was FINALLY going to happen this week or sometime soon but we all know Cox is out for the year and I have no faith AP wont be an amputee by round 1 next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back