Food for thought (or more accurately, food thoughts and inspirations)

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as bread rolls go, a Roast Pork/Crackling//Gravy combo right at the top of my list .

Unpopular opinion: Pork is rankšŸ¤¢

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry? What and what? I think burek is a poor man's substitute for a pasty slice but wtf is pierogi?

Burek is elite, itā€™s made with love and passion, personally I like Turkish more than Balkan.

Pierogi is polish dumplings, main fillings I get is meat and the other one is Ruskie which is meat and cheese.

Yā€™all are missing out

Burek is elite, itā€™s made with love and passion, personally I like Turkish more than Balkan.

Pierogi is polish dumplings, main fillings I get is meat and the other one is Ruskie which is meat and cheese.

Yā€™all are missing out
OK - pasty slice and dim sims, same same.

The man that invented dumplings should win marketer of the decade. Let's take the humble dim sim, put in half the filling, halve the overall size, call it a dumpling and charge 50% more than a dimmie. Frigging genius.

OK - pasty slice and dim sims, same same.

From that sentence alone I can tell that you donā€™t season your food

Gordon Ramsay recipe itā€™s on the YouTubeā€™s for this that are interested.

Season it. And then a touch of butter (half a tub). Then more salt and pepper. Onto the grill. Piping hot. And then. More salt. Turn it, quickly.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was probably about 12 years ago we went to China to stay with my Sister In Law while she was living there. On the way we stopped over in KL and in a shopping centre, we went to a bakery - my son who was 5 at the time wanted a sausage roll. No problems - they had these little frankfurts wrapped in pastry. He gobbled one down, but to his horror, they were pretty spicey (Malaysia - yeah!!). He threatened to call the cops as I made him eat it.

In China he would only eat fish and chips whenever we went out. At least in Shanghai it's not uncommon to be able to get fish and chips, but good heavens. You go to China and only eat western take-aways!!

Thread needs more food in a bread roll options.

Chips are pretty universal - a soft white bun is ideal, but I could also go the Vietnamese (French) style bagette chocked with chips from the local fish and chip shop. I was at one time astounded when I met a Belgian who put mayo on his chips. I can't quite go there, but garlic aioli is accepytable to me (I don't really like tomato sauce much).

We had thge dim sims and sausage rolls in buns. Chicken Schnitzel is a natural, like chips are. I reckon there would be some Chinese food that would suit the bun. Pizza? Maybe a soft and floppy pizza would be OK.

View attachment Nick_The_Dick.mp4

From that sentence alone I can tell that you donā€™t season your food

Actually I am married to an Italian so no boring food at our place. Plus I cook a bit and love Asian especially with a Balinese touch.

Actually I am married to an Italian so no boring food at our place. Plus I cook a bit and love Asian especially with a Balinese touch.

Phew Iā€™m glad to hear that, I was so worried for your tastebuds. You should put more vegeta in your foods

Phew Iā€™m glad to hear that, I was so worried for your tastebuds. You should put more vegeta in your foods

Vegeta is ok - like it sprinkled on my roast veggies but I reckon it is over rated.

Vegeta is ok - like it sprinkled on my roast veggies but I reckon it is over rated.

My mum puts it in everything legit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back