Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might tune into the first halfa of Andy Maher today.

He lives near me I walked past him while he was bailed by some footy fan so I threw in my 2 bobs worth and told him how much I lamented the demise of the drop punt and simply going back and locking it straight. He told me the stats show players are scoring more goals kicking around their bodies so I had better get used to it ☹️

A Carlton implosion could help this happen

Their review will be hit the draft, they’re gonna need to go backwards before going forwards

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Their review will be hit the draft, they’re gonna need to go backwards before going forwards

Surely not. How many high draft picks do you need? Their problem isn’t to do with on field talent so it won’t be solved by hitting the draft. They’ve been doing that for 20 years.

All about culture I reckon. Easy to diagnose but difficult to fix.

Surely not. How many high draft picks do you need? Their problem isn’t to do with on field talent so it won’t be solved by hitting the draft. They’ve been doing that for 20 years.

All about culture I reckon. Easy to diagnose but difficult to fix.

It’s not the top end, it’s the middle tier at affordable rates not paying 900k for middle tier flankers

It’s not the top end, it’s the middle tier at affordable rates not paying 900k for middle tier flankers

Saad? Williams? They’re decent players regardless of how much Carlton are shelling out. Of course we might see a Collingwood-style salary cap debacle at some point, but until then I think it’s more an issue of not being able to get a decent list to play together cohesively.

Actually I reckon they don’t have enough hard edged players who know how to win in the face of adversity. Possibly a result of so many years of being poor.

To be honest, it’s what scares me about the path we’ve chosen (even though I think Nobles doing a really good job). It’s easy to get mired in poor performances and difficult to lift the team out of them no matter how many draft picks you get. The longer you stay down the more dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saad? Williams? They’re decent players regardless of how much Carlton are shelling out. Of course we might see a Collingwood-style salary cap debacle at some point, but until then I think it’s more an issue of not being able to get a decent list to play together cohesively.

900k for mid level performance is nuts, that level of pay is reserved for match winners Saad and Williams simply aren’t that. When you allocate vast amounts of the cap to that, you don’t have it elsewhere. Even more so when you consider they have a great flanker in docherty

Actually I reckon they don’t have enough hard edged players who know how to win in the face of adversity. Possibly a result of so many years of being poor.

To be honest, it’s what scares me about the path we’ve chosen (even though I think Nobles doing a really good job). It’s easy to get mired in poor performances and difficult to lift the team out of them no matter how many draft picks you get. The longer you stay down the more dangerous.

Which is why they when they’ve drafted, alongside “talent” the second priority with the kids we select is “leadership”.

Phillips, Powell & Lazzaro have all had leadership roles prior to being drafted - School and Footy.

It’s a similar model to Brisbane’s drafting in recent years under, guess who..?

There’s an extract from the book regarding the Eagles. Drug saga coverup that’s fairly interesting.

There were plenty of rumours flying around town of a few players with “dangerous habits”

It’s still just a dream, I know. We have to secure Ben first. However, if we end up next season with both Ben and Harry on board, people would really be jumping on board the North train around these parts! Ben and Harry - The Royal (Blue) Couple.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because they shipped em all out. How tall would the current bunch walk if they kept thuey and Robertson and shipped out sheepdog Murphy instead. At least they got rid of gibs for the trade of the century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back