News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why don't they just put people on Aspirin from the first jab to a couple of months after the second jab? The clots will unlikely form even with a mild blood thinner like Aspirin.

By the time you can detect clots, there is the potential for a life threatening event.

Why don't they just put people on Aspirin from the first jab to a couple of months after the second jab? The clots will unlikely form even with a mild blood thinner like Aspirin.

By the time you can detect clots, there is the potential for a life threatening event.
The immune cascade is different, aspirin is a cox 1 and 2 blocker, but HITT and TPP involve immune mediated coagulopathy... massive amplification, they are using IVIG and other antibody mediated treatments. They just have to re engineer the AZ vaccine, take out the adenovirus vector they are basing it on, trouble is we have 50 million doses in the cupboard and spent millions making it at CSL since last year

The immune cascade is different, aspirin is a cox 1 and 2 blocker, but HITT and TPP involve immune mediated coagulopathy... massive amplification, they are using IVIG and other antibody mediated treatments. They just have to re engineer the AZ vaccine, take out the adenovirus vector they are basing it on, trouble is we have 50 million doses in the cupboard and spent millions making it at CSL since last year

We don't have that much of it, otherwise we would have vaccinated everyone by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had my first AZ jab yesterday.

Jab was painless and no side effects at all.
How you feeling today? We all got the 1st AZ jab about 8 weeks ago at work. Most people were ok, I was a bit tired the next day but that was it. It paled in comparison to the effect contracting Covid19 had on one of my mates! My follow-up jab is in 3 weeks, few people here who have had it said there was no effect.

How you feeling today? We all got the 1st AZ jab about 8 weeks ago at work. Most people were ok, I was a bit tired the next day but that was it. It paled in comparison to the effect contracting Covid19 had on one of my mates! My follow-up jab is in 3 weeks, few people here who have had it said there was no effect.
Same here - a little tired next day and site of jab a bit sore for a few days (but less sore than flu shot), then nothing else and it was now about 10 days ago. In the “cautious monitoring for any symptoms of clots“ period now but doing fine.

Yep, good explanation Roos, they are entirely different clotting process than what you would use anticoagulants for. May even cause more harm too, if you did.

And I think you're spot-on about the modified adenovirus used as transport mechanism. The J&J vaccine uses it as well, and guess what - also causes clots.

I get that we're neck-deep in a pandemic, but it'd be ethical policy for both those companies to at least consider reworking the transport mechanism for these vaccines asap. I'm not sure either of them is though. Had one of the top guys from Astra Zenica on the news here in Canada last month hurling abuse at our country's top doctors for recommending those that can wait for Pfizer wait for that instead. He said the Canadian government was being negligent in its duties, and putting people in danger by recommending that option. He didn't say a word about the 5 people who died here from his vaccine and the 28 hospitalised. Geez he was mad though. Angry old white guy losing his cool at us on national tv. Not a good look for that company at all.

Back before all the vaccines were rolled out I was pinning my hopes for a J&J because it's just one dose. Was very disappointed when it turned out to cause clots too. Over to Pfizer it was. Hopefully be able to get my second dose in about 6 weeks.

Hope you guys can get your hands on more vaccines soon and get the rollout moving faster. I know it seems like you've got this latest outbreak corralled right now, but I worry about your winter. And we need to beat the variants at this point too. :(

Yep, good explanation Roos, they are entirely different clotting process than what you would use anticoagulants for. May even cause more harm too, if you did.

And I think you're spot-on about the modified adenovirus used as transport mechanism. The J&J vaccine uses it as well, and guess what - also causes clots.

I get that we're neck-deep in a pandemic, but it'd be ethical policy for both those companies to at least consider reworking the transport mechanism for these vaccines asap. I'm not sure either of them is though. Had one of the top guys from Astra Zenica on the news here in Canada last month hurling abuse at our country's top doctors for recommending those that can wait for Pfizer wait for that instead. He said the Canadian government was being negligent in its duties, and putting people in danger by recommending that option. He didn't say a word about the 5 people who died here from his vaccine and the 28 hospitalised. Geez he was mad though. Angry old white guy losing his cool at us on national tv. Not a good look for that company at all.

Back before all the vaccines were rolled out I was pinning my hopes for a J&J because it's just one dose. Was very disappointed when it turned out to cause clots too. Over to Pfizer it was. Hopefully be able to get my second dose in about 6 weeks.

Hope you guys can get your hands on more vaccines soon and get the rollout moving faster. I know it seems like you've got this latest outbreak corralled right now, but I worry about your winter. And we need to beat the variants at this point too. :(

Would that be a material enough change to necessitate a new batch of stage 2 and 3 trials? That would be a huge disincentive.

Well, she'd certainly get to the bottom of where covid came from.
People who say that you shouldn't visit places like Juarez or Johannesburg due to their high murder rates don't know what they're talking about. Cabot Cove has got both of them comfortably covered from a murders per capita perspective.

People who say that you shouldn't visit places like Juarez or Johannesburg due to their high murder rates don't know what they're talking about. Cabot Cove has got both of them comfortably covered from a murders per capita perspective.

You would be well advised to steer well clear of the quaint English village of Midsummer and the beautiful Caribbean island of Saint Marie. Diabolical murder rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back