Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Barker gone.

Initially thought it was gutless to walk before being pushed but I take that back the club forced him to finish early rather than see it through and cause more harm than good to this season. Expect Luke Power to step into the role.

Bloody awesome! Better now, than in a few weeks.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Resigning the day an external review is announced. Doesn't sound like it would have been a glowing review of our stoppage coach's work

It’s going to be a huge week for our club. I am looking forward to seeing what this brings.

Resigning the day an external review is announced. Doesn't sound like it would have been a glowing review of our stoppage coach's work
Barker appeared out of his depth but if it is over stoppages that’s harsh. Not like there’s much cattle

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
It couldn't get any worse. Could it?

Harry walking to Norf for free is probably the only way this gets worse.

A few more coaches need to be turfed.

If there is one club in Victoria that you want Harry McKay’s brother to play for, it’s definitely North Melbourne. I can’t see Harry going there but a $1.5M a year contract could be enticing.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Barker appeared out of his depth but if it is over stoppages that’s harsh. Not like there’s much cattle
He's only gone into that role this year, we went from 5th last year to 13th this year for stoppage differentials. With the same cattle.

He was forwards coach last few years before that when we regularly couldn't kick a score. Could forgive him somewhat with lack of cattle there before McKay came on mid-late last year we had nobody. But even with nobody bombing it to Matty Wright seemed to be our only plan

He isn't the only problem at all. But a drop in performance or at best a lack of improvement in his area of the ground has been a regular occurrence.

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree. Blah blah blah.

So you are thinking that Demetriou who gave Carlton massive fines in 2002 actually didn’t do a thorough investigation? As your useless link states, Carlton were over in 1993 and fined in 1994. “Between 1993 and 1995” is all you have, pretty much useless since the fine was for 1993.

Oooh look, I have my own link too.

So Rooke was treated with an illegal substance in 2007 (only became legal in 2009) and Geelong sourced it in 2007 when it was successful treating Rookie? Maybe I should start writing “2007*” then. At least the weird connection between Geelong, Dank and Robinson should be called into question. Maybe Dank/Robinson in 2008/2009 didn’t only inject Geelong players with Actovegin. A person can create any narrative they want. Like you have.

You can take any link whichever way you want but to think Geelong has been clean throughout their history is just plain ignorance. The difference between Carlton and Geelong is that the AFL media and supporters at large give zero fu**s about Geelong

Maybe this wasn’t your intention but when you write things like “Considering they were good in the 90s*” with a clear asterisk, I don’t think you wanted a simple discussion about the review being undertaken at Carlton or the list.
Must admit, Geelong’s flags are extremely suspect.

Must admit, Geelong’s flags are extremely suspect.
We need to trust the flag index here.

- Flag on home ground v non-mcg vic club = 0.5
- Flag on home ground v Interstate = 0.25
- Flag on neutral venue = 1
- Flag on opposition home ground =2

Hawthorn: 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 0.75
Bulldogs: 1
Richmond: 0.25 + 0.25 + 1 = 1.5
West Coast: 2
Geelong: 1 + 1 + 2 = 4
Sydney: 2

The maths here is solid. Incontrovertible even. Trust the index.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Why was 2008 omitted? Doesn’t seem like solid maths to me.....:D

I had forgotten about Geelong’s record that year and remembered it in my head that they went 24-0 through the year and lost the GF. But they lost once during the H&A season. :(

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
I had forgotten about Geelong’s record that year and remembered it in my head that they went 24-0 through the year and lost the GF. But they lost once during the H&A season. :(

The Pies belted us by 86pts I think it was at the G that year.

Other then that loss, our average winning margin in ‘08 was like 50pts, might have to check the ladder but we finished with a percentage of like 165%.

Definitely one that got away that year.

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
We need to trust the flag index here.

- Flag on home ground v non-mcg vic club = 0.5
- Flag on home ground v Interstate = 0.25
- Flag on neutral venue = 1
- Flag on opposition home ground =2

Hawthorn: 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 0.75
Bulldogs: 1
Richmond: 0.25 + 0.25 + 1 = 1.5
West Coast: 2
Geelong: 1 + 1 + 2 = 4
Sydney: 2

The maths here is solid. Incontrovertible even. Trust the index.
9DA1F9DE-2E49-45DC-94D4-9AEB60EBF948.jpeg

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
The Pies belted us by 86pts I think it was at the G that year.

Other then that loss, our average winning margin in ‘08 was like 50pts, might have to check the ladder but we finished with a percentage of like 165%.

Definitely one that got away that year.

That’s correct. The loss was by 86pts at the G. Lowest wins that year were by 1, 9, 11 and 13 pts. Next lowest was by 27pts, you had 4 wins between 99 and 135pts and 11 wins between 55 to 135pts. Percentage of 161.8%. Ridiculous.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
That’s correct. The loss was by 86pts at the G. Lowest wins that year were by 1, 9, 11 and 13 pts. Next lowest was by 27pts, you had 4 wins between 99 and 135pts and 11 wins between 55 to 135pts. Percentage of 161.8%. Ridiculous.

Was an unbelievable time to be a cats fan, remember each week pretty much knowing we were going to win, how much was the talk. Hawks fully deserved the flag on the GF performance, the players thought they had 2008 won we were that good, and fell at the final hurdle.

Still hurts and always will as a Geelong supporter.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Was an unbelievable time to be a cats fan, remember each week pretty much knowing we were going to win, how much was the talk. Hawks fully deserved the flag on the GF performance, the players thought they had 2008 won we were that good, and fell at the final hurdle.

Was like that in 1999 for me but in a different way. Probably naively I thought we were a great chance to win the GF against North after beating the Bombers in the PF when absolutely no one gave us a chance, they were that good. The next Saturday rolls around and we had no chance all day. But it would be worst for you because of how much you dominated all year but it probably says something that the first Hawthorn game that year was one of Geelong‘s lowest wins of the year, 11 points. They weren’t going to be a pushover on GF day.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Hall of fame member Tim Watson said on SEN radio on Tuesday morning that he was saddened by Goodes’ decision.

“I was surprised that he’d rejected it ... he’s been retired for five years, I thought in that five years there might have been that repatriation that had taken place,” Watson said.
“It’s his right, it’s his entitlement not to accept an induction if that’s the way that he feels. I’m saddened by all that though. I’m sad that it cut him so deeply that five years on, he still feels like he doesn’t have a place in AFL football.”

Tim Watson doesn't understand Adam Goodes’ stance. Shocking.

Tim Watson doesn't understand Adam Goodes’ stance. Shocking.

Dunno if Watson's comments are that bad, he's just sad that Goodes doesn't feel a part of the AFL.

Why was 2008 omitted? Doesn’t seem like solid maths to me.....:D
So 0.75 + .50

Need to be slugged 0.05 penalty for forcing a rule change so. 1.2 on the index looks about right.

2007-14 was about as long as that feeling lasted. Knowing you were going to the footy and a win was almost assured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back