Draft Expert Knightmare's 2021 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most promising young forwards in the country debuts for Falcons in NAB League Sunday. Hopefully he gets enough supply in a very ordinary Falcons side.

Do we have a name and number?

I'm not familiar with the u17s and don't have them in my team list spreadsheet either.

Will keep an eye out.

Pretty sure he is talking about Tom Gillett who I believe is this year eligible. Been dominating playing senior football for Grovedale

He's not on my start of year list from as at March 30th and haven't seen given he has played no NAB League.

Have a number and height/weight measurements? Good to know he's eligible this year. Will keep an eye out.

He's not on my start of year list from as at March 30th and haven't seen given he has played no NAB League.

Have a number and height/weight measurements? Good to know he's eligible this year. Will keep an eye out.
Don’t know barely any measurements this year with the AFL being very restrictive with tests, glad I got to see atleast two players get their heights done live with Darcy and Daicos 😂

Knightmare what are your thoughts on Josh Treacy so far this season? Looked very good for an 18yo KPF last night.
Where would you have him selected in a redraft of last year on reflection?

Knightmare what are your thoughts on Josh Treacy so far this season? Looked very good for an 18yo KPF last night.
Where would you have him selected in a redraft of last year on reflection?

Treacy is showing glimpses. Obviously had his best game v Cordy on the weekend with 3 goals.

I may have to do a re-do of this year's draft at the end of the year in the form of an updated power rankings.

A key note with Treacy is that he was a lot more physically advanced from a younger age, so his upside as a result isn't as high as a lot of the other top end talls from last year's draft. So I would be taking that into account when projecting ahead.

Without going through the names, I'd likely have Treacy around 40, which is definitely an upgrade on rookie/outside my draft board. I wouldn't knock anyone for having him a lot higher though. Perhaps I'm irrationally hopeful on a lot of others from last year's pool coming good, but if others don't show good signs of development between now and the end of the year and fill me with a greater long term optimism than they currently are, I may have to shift Treacy further up my board.

Treacy is showing glimpses. Obviously had his best game v Cordy on the weekend with 3 goals.

I may have to do a re-do of this year's draft at the end of the year in the form of an updated power rankings.

A key note with Treacy is that he was a lot more physically advanced from a younger age, so his upside as a result isn't as high as a lot of the other top end talls from last year's draft. So I would be taking that into account when projecting ahead.

Without going through the names, I'd likely have Treacy around 40, which is definitely an upgrade on rookie/outside my draft board. I wouldn't knock anyone for having him a lot higher though. Perhaps I'm irrationally hopeful on a lot of others from last year's pool coming good, but if others don't show good signs of development between now and the end of the year and fill me with a greater long term optimism than they currently are, I may have to shift Treacy further up my board.
Yeah he is seriously impressive for a rookie pick. Brilliant tackler, very accurate set shot and getting better at contested marks every week. Still hasn’t turned 19 either, he’s a later in the year birthday as far as I know.

Yeah he is seriously impressive for a rookie pick. Brilliant tackler, very accurate set shot and getting better at contested marks every week. Still hasn’t turned 19 either, he’s a later in the year birthday as far as I know.

That's his game. Penetrating kick. Strong body, strong mark. Tackles and tackles hard. He's aggressive. Athletically reasonable for a strong body.

Knightmare how would you rank the WA talent this year?

WA's KPPs are good this year with Van Rooyen, Williams and Bazzo.

The rest of the field though is probably below average compared to most other years. Johnson, Erasmus and Browne are good mids, with Chipper not far behind.

Possible I've missed a few names, but top of mind they're WA's best and most draftable.

WA's KPPs are good this year with Van Rooyen, Williams and Bazzo.

The rest of the field though is probably below average compared to most other years. Johnson, Erasmus and Browne are good mids, with Chipper not far behind.

Possible I've missed a few names, but top of mind they're WA's best and most draftable.
How many of those would you expect to go in the first round?

How many of those would you expect to go in the first round?

At this point Van Rooyen and Johnson should. Erasmus, Williams and Browne those next most likely.

2-5 is my rough estimate at this stage. 3 by best guess.

Possible during the U18 Champs others emerge though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Knightmare. Blayne O’Loughlin is he father/son pick by Swans? Where would he potentially go in a draft looks very classy

Hi Knightmare. Blayne O’Loughlin is he father/son pick by Swans? Where would he potentially go in a draft looks very classy
He's his nephew, not son.

Adelaide NGA eligible though.

He is not a father son, i think he is the nephew and is linked to Adel via the NGA so a club can snipe him with a top 20 pick if they are keen on drafting him, otherwise he will go to Adelaide if a club bids after pick 20 i believe.

Adelaide NGA. Nephew of Michael. Mid-late draft I think he can go. He has game as a (small) rebounding defender.

Just can't see how Darcy is anywhere near top 5. He's had two decent games at Oakleigh and beaten some smaller kids at school level. Not overly quick or agile like the Kings, doesn't have a huge leap and isn't an endurance beast.

What am I missing?

Just can't see how Darcy is anywhere near top 5. He's had two decent games at Oakleigh and beaten some smaller kids at school level. Not overly quick or agile like the Kings, doesn't have a huge leap and isn't an endurance beast.

What am I missing?

Almost everyone else isn’t that good?

Not overly quick or agile like the Kings, doesn't have a huge leap and isn't an endurance beast.
He might not test like it, but on field he handles himself extremely well to appear like he is, skills are also very good for a bloke his size, obviously aerially dominant too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back