Preview Round 13 Port vs Pussies, Adelaide Oval, Thursday June 10 7.10pm

I wouldn't mind being enlightened on why so many are predicting we are no chance at home of beating Geelong? And that we are so out of form we couldn't possibly turn it around in time? There is literally only percentage separating us and Geelong and recent form going into this match is similar.

I'm a bit confused by the negativity.

I think because it is at home we will start favourites. We've knocked them off the last two times at home.

The other thing to consider is Geelong have historically been terrible and have lost after the bye, it's literally happened every time in recent memory.
Mind you, we lost in round 9 this year, after our bye in round 8.........

The media has been reporting the exemption wasn't around flying into SA, it was what happened after the game. Can they go, can they stay?

I can't believe they couldn't stay overnight.

The Vic government with its language of fear around the latest variants - You can get it if some who has been within 1km of an infected person looks at you - hasn't helped. And then you have Nicola "Pizza Box" Spurrier as your amplifier.

Be good if the game was moved to Saturday & wasn’t on Thursday night, harder for those that work the next day & travel from country areas. But money talks as always
Very thankful to have Friday off, so getting home late on Thursday night won't bother me.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Be good if the game was moved to Saturday & wasn’t on Thursday night, harder for those that work the next day & travel from country areas. But money talks as always
That'd be good. With the Vic situation not yet resolved, it'd make more sense to have a couple of week pause in the season. The GF a couple of weeks later wouldn't hurt. That we'd get a bunch of players closer to returning is just a side benefit.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The dude on the right, is he wearing a Peter Shearer suit? Man go to Italy and learn some style!
Seriously that suit sums up what people think of SA...

The suit looks bad because he seems to have a wallet full of $50s and receipts in 1 pocket and a walkie talkie in the other.

The suit looks bad because he seems to have a wallet full of $50s and receipts in 1 pocket and a walkie talkie in the other.

Key chain with fifty different keys on it.

How the **** do they make it out after the game before the curfew
Pretty sure the curfew will be removed for this flight. Anyway there are regular freight flights that come in at about 1.30am.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
... there are regular freight flights that come in at about 1.30am.
That is the bit of curfew logic I've never been able to understand. Commercial passenger flights are banned from taking off after 11:00pm but freight flights using the same or similar aircraft and carrying the same load aren't because they make less noise. :think:

Back