Still a mathematic possibility
1623046905076.png

Angus Young

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Richmond are gonna be hard to beat

We are going to have one hell of a final series this year. So many teams are a chance.

NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
AFL Member so all clubs I guess.
Richmond are gonna be hard to beat

We are going to have one hell of a final series this year. So many teams are a chance.

All of the current 8 except Sydney would rate themselves a decent chance for the flag. Nothing against Sydney but maybe in a year or two.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Richmond V Melbourne.

Richmond win its a nightmare for the rest.
Melbourne win its a fairytale ala Bulldogs 2016

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love fairy tale and drought breaking premierships they are sooo special love them regardless of the team.

In my lifetime i can think of some:

Geelong 2007
Bulldogs 2016
Could say brisbane lions (Fitzroy lions i guess) 2001
Sydney Swans 2005 or 2006 always get these 2 GF mixed up
Could say Hawthorn 2008
North Melbourne 1996
Even though its Richmond in their 2017 flag
And of course the mighty and most famous of all
Collingwood 1990
Could even say Collingwood 2010 too for that matter
Not too sure if ive covered them

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
As good as Melbourne have been I worry about them peaking to early Adelaide in 17 and us in 18 peaked to early best team all year and didn’t have a flag to show for it.

Melbourne from memory have a tough run home playing a lot of the top 8 sides who will be playing for top 4 Top 8 spots.
I agree we have tougher run home. But at the same time we couldn't have done anymore in beating two absolute contenders in the Dogs and Brisbane, 2 weeks in row. We've clearly shown we can beat the best. The only test we haven't had yet is Port in Adelaide.

Whether we can maintain this outstanding football all the way to late September is another question, and a fair question.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
We would have maybe one player, but my point is how can we have the best list with one or less players in the best 22
Fair call. Plenty of time for that to change, though it might be too late for Cameron and Dangerfield given the games they've missed.

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's been evident for weeks to folk who watch the game in a nonpartisan fashion that the Cats and Dees are the top 2 sides. Things can change, but right now, that's the state of affairs.

Cats can't stay under the radar now, they look very good, have marked up significantly on 2020, Cameron (I refuse his Jezza moniker, there is only one Jezza) meshing nicely, some quicker ball movement now mixed in with the painstaking mode. I reckon they'll be a good match up for the mighty Dees later in the year, godwilling, teams at full strength.

Big Max looms as a differentiator.

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
Tigers vs Geelong again. Geelong looking good. Big query IMO is can the Dees sustain their effort to the finish line. Bulldogs are neither here nor there as a threat along with Brisbane.

Final Siren

Mr Squiggle
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond are all set up to do a Hawthorn 2016 / Sydney 2017 and be the team that everyone talks up despite their mediocre record, until suddenly they drop a semi-final and it's all over.

This year is about Melbourne, Brisbane, Geelong, and the Dogs.

The latter are the hardest to pick, and the most likely to implode between now and September. Second most likely to blow up is Geelong, but I respect the fire of teams that lost GFs the year before, so forced to pick, I'll say Dees v Cats.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond V Melbourne.

Richmond win its a nightmare for the rest.
Melbourne win its a fairytale ala Bulldogs 2016 and Richmond 2017.

Fixed that for you. 😁

Be careful what you wish for. If Melbourne start winning flags people throughout the industry will be getting posh boy Gil McLachlan style haircuts, the Dusty cut will be consigned. Do you really want that? 😳

Back