When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

I actually can’t believe Carlton fans are living this again. Can’t say I didn’t warn them.
Sos’ list management was horrendous, but even Carlton finally agreed with that. View attachment 1149983

Absolutely prophetic, a true glimpse back into the archives which is as instructive as it is insightful.

Thank you for bringing back this ground breaking post into our collective consciousness.

Sad thing is, Eddie Betts has kicked 17 goals. Second on their tally. Owies third with 10. That says a lot about where Carlton are.

It says more about the injury list. Charlie, Fisher, Martin and Silvagni should all feature on that list in 2022. Eddie wouldn’t be playing otherwise (therefore raising questions as to why he was retained).

Owies cops it harshly too. He’s no star but he’ll be a good little role player albeit a tad one dimensional.

Nonsense. It's a symptom, not the cause of the problem. That sort of rubbish is massively overrated.

The players are struggling on field, losing games and underperforming. When you are winning every week it's all so exciting and wonderful, but it is a tough gig when things aren't going right.

100% buy-in, no short cuts, no excuses - all just buzz words. The team sucks right now, they are down on form and confidence and there is a lot to fix but that's obvious, well beyond the number of hands everyone slaps after a goal. When we won last year everyone was piling on top of each other and happy as larry.

People slapping Stocker on the bum wouldn't have won us the game against Melbourne, or Sydney or West Coast, and wouldn't have changed this conversation at all. Even if they'd hoisted STocker on their shoulders, if we had lost all of those matches ther would be some minor piece of body language that could be unpacked as the key to while we're losing. Or, it's just because the team is garbage?

If a club can't celebrate the little things internally, it has little chance of building a winning culture. It's the sum of all the little things that lead to a great (and winning) culture. This isn't just a Hardwick / Richmond thing. Storm through Bellamy have been doing it for years.

I get what you are saying but the players need to buy into team success. And that means celebrating the little things amongst themselves. Pats on the bum (encouragement) are required throughout a game. Take a look at the winning teams and how they go about things. A team may not be winning on the scoreboard...that doesn't mean it can drop its standards and not give a s**t about those around them.

It reminds of where we've been post Paul Roos except Carlton have the makings of a better team.

Teague doesn't come across as confident or inspiring when I hear him speak. Im not sure if Clarkson will have the desire and if Lyon does not wont the job their options are minimal.

Carlton's midfield depth is a fraction of what the Dees had. You guys had the nucleus of a gun midfield. It needed outside run to complement your insides. Carlton has very little depth in the midfield. There may be some promising young kids but geez, they are largely unproven.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny we’ve successful played off in finals and GFs regularly since the AFL was introduced in 1990. We had a shot in 2018 just missed, we will build again that I’m confident on.

That mentality is why you’ll never be a true powerhouse like Carlton and Essendon.

Content with failing on the big stage time and time again.

Fantastic to see Leppitsch back up my point here. Why the fu** are players speaking to an incoming president bad mouthing the coach ect
Probably because there is no way to voice their grievances with what is going on. They are divided and are searching for ways to protect themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back