Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big surprise that knightmare has Diacos as his clear number 1. 🤣

You're kidding?

I don't hook in to him as much as others, but it's quite obvious that he reaches for the wanking gel when it comes to Collingwood prospects/players.

I'm not even convinced that Daicos is the 2nd best pick in the draft.

Squarely in the “no” camp to calling Daicos.

It’s the first time we’ve ever had pick 1. Call the name we want, loud and assertively, with the knowledge that we are probably picking up a generational talent.

This kid looks so much like G Ablett Snr in full flight banging goals on his left from 50+, he really looks like he could be anything.

Put the Stevo/Cunners number 10 on his back and let him own it for the next 15 years.

Besides, we don’t need to inflict any more pain on the pies, they are already a complete basket case

You're kidding?

I don't hook in to him as much as others, but it's quite obvious that he reaches for the wanking gel when it comes to Collingwood prospects/players.

Lol

Daicos > Horne because he's had 35 and 3 in an underage comp. Meanwhile Horne is taking a 2x4 to to men in an open age competition. Sure
At least we won't need to worry about Horne and the pressure of being number one pick. With this type of writeup, Daicos will forever be referred to as the 'spiritual' number 1 and attract all the attention that lofty post deserves.

Two points:

1623131174289.png

1) In the game I saw against the Jets he would have been lucky to have gone at 50% by foot. That is not "clean"
2) If he's "impacting games" so dominantly, then considering his weight of possession, how are the Chargers 2 and 2? It's not as if they don't have a wide spread of talent on their list.

You're kidding?

Traditionally he's underrated Collingwood prospects, especially in 2018 with Quaynor and Kelly, then last year I'm pretty sure he was late to the McInnes party.

Also with the constant 'I see things differently/ I don't follow group think' bragging, as soon as it got pointed out to him that majority of watchers have Horne at number 1 this was only a matter of time

Traditionally he's underrated Collingwood prospects, especially in 2018 with Quaynor and Kelly, then last year I'm pretty sure he was late to the McInnes party.

Maybe I read him wrong, or I was reading his "amended" stuff.

Also with the constant 'I see things differently/ I don't follow group think' bragging, as soon as it got pointed out to him that majority of watchers have Horne at number 1 this was only a matter of time

I wonder if the bloke has actually watched Nick play. He seems to get a little too caught up in stats, when traits should be the focus of his analysis.

Squarely in the “no” camp to calling Daicos.

It’s the first time we’ve ever had pick 1. Call the name we want, loud and assertively, with the knowledge that we are probably picking up a generational talent.

This kid looks so much like G Ablett Snr in full flight banging goals on his left from 50+, he really looks like he could be anything.

Put the Stevo/Cunners number 10 on his back and let him own it for the next 15 years.

Besides, we don’t need to inflict any more pain on the pies, they are already a complete basket case
Put it this way if it was the other way around Scumwood would keep piling on the pain on us.
What would drive them over the bridge even more but will not happen would be the AFL to say to North Melbourne Football club you can have the Priority Pick before the draft which cant be traded then have the 1st pick.
With the Priority Pick, you take Daicos then get him to sign him to a 3-year deal if he turns around says I won't play then good he stands out of football with North holding all the cards.
As we hold all the cards as we still will have Horne playing and Daicos will be on the bottom of the pile and if Scumwood comes running to us wanting him it will cost them BIG time.
So if people think this is cruel well yes but Scumwood has been doing this for years to all clubs telling players from other clubs and managers we get you to our club by stepping on others.
It's about time they took some of their own medicine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the bloke has actually watched Nick play. He seems to get a little too caught up in stats, when traits should be the focus of his analysis.
lol, I wonder this about every player....

One thing I really enjoyed in his latest update was the Callaghan write up. Said he didn't see the Sandringham v Western game, has no way of accessing replays, yet it's a reason he's risen :tearsofjoy:

Jack Williams at 18 is pretty low - would be nice if we could move our second rounder up to mid first rounder.

Apart from Horn I haven’t paid much attention to the rest of the pool. Just haven’t had the time to watch so I can’t really comment on other prospects. I’ll try and tune into the champs as usual.

lol, I wonder this about every player....

One thing I really enjoyed in his latest update was the Callaghan write up. Said he didn't see the Sandringham v Western game, has no way of accessing replays, yet it's a reason he's risen :tearsofjoy:

He admitted to not even watching the SANFL last year. How does that not just disqualify his opinion on SA prospects - and on a mock draft level too - since he hasn't watched tape of some of the group to make judgements on where they should be picked?

Since that huge row he was having with people on the draft board with him arguing that it didn't matter that he hadn't been watching the SANFL, I've just come to not really put any stock into his work. It's a shame that he's the one with a more widespread platform on ESPN to educate the masses, considering there are much better analysts on here (eDPS, Souup and yourself for example).

He admitted to not even watching the SANFL last year. How does that not just disqualify his opinion on SA prospects - and on a mock draft level too - since he hasn't watched tape of some of the group to make judgements on where they should be picked?

Since that huge row he was having with people on the draft board with him arguing that it didn't matter that he hadn't been watching the SANFL, I've just come to not really put any stock into his work. It's a shame that he's the one with a more widespread platform on ESPN to educate the masses, considering there are much better analysts on here (eDPS, Souup and yourself for example).
Honoured to be mentioned alongside those two, thanks for the ego boost.

That was a fun discussion as well lmao, I remember him arguing that profits made from U18 football should go to the players, but saw no issue with himself and ESPN profiting from his 'expert' analysis, real feelsweirdman vibe. Never understood the lies personally, if you aren't seeing kids/ haven't seen kids, just admit it, no one expects anyone to be across all draft eligible kids unless you're a full time recruiter

That's fair re Collingwood. Maybe they are over a barrel, maybe they aren't. But their administration and staff may have shifted around by then and it'd be a dangerous move to try and second guess another club's strategy and (perhaps political) motivations while gambling the highest value draft capital we've ever held (which concurs with what you said).

It boils down to - if you dummy bid at an auction, be prepared to being stuck as the winning bidder.

There would be more uproar from pies fans if they passed on him than taking him. He is their only shining light coming up in this years draft. They have a crap draft hand and have already conceded they’re taking him by the decisions they made last trade period.

We pick best available, but there is no way they pass on Daicos. If they’re struggling for points or don’t want to go into too much deficit, they will trade out a player(s) for picks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You're kidding?

Does he need more 40+ disposal 2 goal games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back