Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Same same, both media gronks.

This story is a bit flimsy at this point, but it doesn't seem out of realms of possibility given what the club has indicated generally about its plans over the next few years. And as annoying as Morris is - and he's not even close to the worst offender in the AFL media circles - he does break some legit news and has done for years.

You’d have to be pretty naive to think there’s nothing to the Mitchell chatter.

We’re clearly kicking tyres to see what we’d get for him.

Was depressing being reminded today that Shai Bolton was selected with the compensation pick Richmond got for Vickery. Which we facilitated further by jucing up his salary for the first two years...

Yea you're always going to have trade misses and that was a decent one for us. By walking away before the end of his contract at least Vickery allowed us to save some money and gain back the list position early.

This reminds me of the Nick Holland moment when Clarko first arrived. He just came out and said 'sure he's good enough to be on a list for the next few seasons, just not ours because he's not going to be playing in our premiership window given his age'. Clarko wouldn't even pick him in the seniors that last year. It was a harsh call but you could see then how steely Clarko was in taking us to the top. Would love to see that again.

Who are Jeka, Callow, Lewis and Kosi going to learn from once Gunners is booted?

Gunston has more value than Pick 17 to us (especially with a pick going back) off the field let alone on the field.
Agree. We need one experienced leader forward (Gunner), back (Sic) and mid (JOM?). Mitchell and Chad are the ones to trade.

Do we play Norf again?

No but North still to play GWS this week in Tassie and they also play GC, Geel there also.

Hawthorn. North
Sydney(SCG). GWS(Tas)
Essendon(Marv). Brisbane(Marv)
GWS(Giants). GC(Tas)
Port(Marv). W.B(Marv)
Freo(Tas). W.C (Perth)
Melb(MCG). ESS(Marv)
Brisbane(MCG). Blues(Marv)
Adelaide(ADE). Geelong(Tas)
Collingwood(MCG). Richmond(MCG)
W,B(Tas). Syd(Marv)
Richmond(MCG). Adelaide(ADE)

By looking at the fixtures of both clubs I can’t see how we won’t be bottom if we keep playing the same way as we get better after the bye most years as we play a few teams that will be looking for percentage and wins for finals.

And North are getting some good players back in the second half of the year.

Last edited:
Agree. We need one experienced leader forward (Gunner), back (Sic) and mid (JOM?). Mitchell and Chad are the ones to trade.

I reckon we hang on to Chad. Mitchell is 28 and probably has 2 - 4 years left. I don't see him being able to play another position to extend his career. Chad is 27 and the type of player who could play for another 6 or more years. The back end of his career could be mostly deep forward. I reckon they are different prospects for us. Plus in a development period you still need some exciting players to attract the fans.

No but North still to play GWS this week in Tassie and they also play GC, Geel there also.

By looking at the fixtures of both clubs I can’t see how we won’t be bottom if we keep playing the same way as we get better after the bye most years as we play a few teams that will be looking for percentage and wins for finals.

And North are getting some good players back in the second half of the year.

The effort has really dropped away last few weeks hasn't it. Hard to watch. My main goal for the season has become a first round draft pick!

Yes there is too much smoke and it makes too much sense given where we and he are at. Doesn’t mean it will happen but it’s encouraging if the club is open to making moves on senior players. 1-2 with currency need to go

Just don't to a North and end up with * all for him. If a few clubs come for him and we get good draft pick(s) in so be it, as the current midfield dynamic doesn't work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea I get your point but 'x' player willing to go to 'x' club is a bit different to a player having scans or not imo. İf he's made it ALL up then I'm eagerly waiting for clarkos presser this week. Should be fun .
The Hawks never comment about this stuff, so its a free hit for a journo to say this with no consequence and plenty of clicks because people love trade rumours

Could clarko work his magic and convince hill to come back to hawks and get him back into the elite winger he was?

Saints may feel burned and we love a redemption ark

Could clarko work his magic and convince hill to come back to hawks and get him back into the elite winger he was?

Saints may feel burned and we love a redemption ark
Sorry. I can't get 'on board' with that idea

No, it's all good..this is the place for it.

I think we need a contest ..the BigFooty Equilibrium, like the Nash Equilibrium

A prize for whoever can come up with a trade involving a)the most teams b) the most players c) the most picks and d) BE SEEN AS FAIR AND EQITABLE TO ALL PARTIES

The competition starts now Strapping Young Lad will be the referee for this game, analysing all prospective trades for fairness and realism, and will give detailed feedback on the merits of each one.
Can I give the prize to myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back