Preview Round 13 Port vs Pussies, Adelaide Oval, Thursday June 10 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier told reporters that she signed a letter this morning authorising the Cats to travel from Victoria to Adelaide, provided the team complies with the same strict testing requirements that were imposed on Collingwood players for Saturday’s match against the Crows.

She said SA Health workers attended the Crows versus Collingwood match at Adelaide Oval and were “very happy” with how the teams complied with the testing and quarantine requirements.

The Geelong players will fly in and out of Adelaide on Thursday on a charter flight.

The aeroplane can only fit 50 people, meaning it will be allowed to take off past the 11pm Adelaide Airport curfew.

Spurrier said the Geelong team members were already quarantining in Victoria ahead of their flight to Adelaide.

“They will have to sign a declaration as they leave Victoria that they haven’t been in any exposure sites and again when they arrive in Adelaide,” she said.

“We’ve got SA Pathology on board to do the rapid turn-around of tests.” Geelong players will be tested before they board the flight and when they land in Adelaide.

Once all players return negative test results, they will travel by bus to Adelaide Oval and will remain in a designated space guarded by security until the match starts.

They will also be required to wear masks at all times, except when they’re playing. “I think it (the Crows versus Collingwood match) really proved that we can do this safely,” Spurrier said.

Last edited:
That is the bit of curfew logic I've never been able to understand. Commercial passenger flights are banned from taking off after 11:00pm but freight flights using the same or similar aircraft and carrying the same load aren't because they make less noise. :think:

Send them out on an Antonov. That'll be the end of that curfew-buster!

300px-Antonov_An-225_Beltyukov-1.jpg

Chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier told reporters that she signed a letter this morning authorising the Cats to travel from Victoria to Adelaide, provided the team complies with the same strict testing requirements that were imposed on Collingwood players for Saturday’s match against the Crows.

She said SA Health workers attended the Crows versus Collingwood match at Adelaide Oval and were “very happy” with how the teams complied with the testing and quarantine requirements.

The Geelong players will fly in and out of Adelaide on Thursday on a charter flight.

The aeroplane can only fit 50 people, meaning it will be allowed to take off past the 11pm Adelaide Airport curfew.

Spurrier said the Geelong team members were already quarantining in Victoria ahead of their flight to Adelaide.

“They will have to sign a declaration as they leave Victoria that they haven’t been in any exposure sites and again when they arrive in Adelaide,” she said.

“We’ve got SA Pathology on board to do the rapid turn-around of tests.” Geelong players will be tested before they board the flight and when they land in Adelaide.

Once all players return negative test results, they will travel by bus to Adelaide Oval and will remain in a designated space guarded by security until the match starts.

They will also be required to wear masks at all times, except when they’re playing. “I think it (the Crows versus Collingwood match) really proved that we can do this safely,” Spurrier said.

Geelong have probably bought a Gulfstream G650 with various government handouts over the years.

68-gulfstream-III.jpg

They will also be required to wear masks at all times, except when they’re playing. “I think it (the Crows versus Collingwood match) really proved that we can do this safely, when nobody has the slightest infection” Spurrier said.

I remember that night, right in front of me.

O'Shea! didn't he go on to win a Brownlow or something?

he won one in my heart in that 1 minute. jasper also with his best contribution in port colors lol

Dixon’s hundredth game for us, pistols last chance to showcase before scooter comes back… I expect six goals between them, but in reality will probably get less than half of that.Kind of hoping danger is back for them as for whatever reason he throws their balance out. Big test without injury concerns, especially if they have Guthrie and Duncan returning

This feels like a hard game with our injuries but hopefully Geelong’s players are screwed enough by the covid restrictions that they aren’t competitive UwU

If we don’t think we have the personnel to pull off our usual attacking style then maybe we should take a more unconventional approach to this game ‘alone’ instead? something to catch Geelong off guard, maybe we could go more defensive and punish them with some quick counter plays, maybe try suffocating Geelong. It won’t be pretty and reeks of a crap team with a loser mentality but we should do everything and anything to get those 4 points regardless of the spectacle for this game IMO, I’ve seen the best teams do this every one and a while anyway, so why don’t we?

The downside though is it could go totally wrong because our players struggle to adapt to anything new right away and we’ll end up getting blown off the park

If we don’t think we have the personnel to pull off our usual attacking style then maybe we should take a more unconventional approach to this game ‘alone’ instead? something to catch Geelong off guard, maybe we could go more defensive and punish them with some quick counter plays, maybe try suffocating Geelong. It won’t be pretty and reeks of a crap team with a loser mentality but we should do everything and anything to get those 4 points regardless of the spectacle for this game IMO, I’ve seen the best teams do this every one and a while anyway, so why don’t we?

The downside though is it could go totally wrong because our players struggle to adapt to anything new right away and we’ll end up getting blown off the park

Ken doesn’t tend to do a ‘change’ that often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jeez is this not overkill?

Hahaha Pittard coming in and taking out that campaigner Ruggles was probably in the top 5 highlights of his career.
Standard level of Dangerfield mayo applied as well. With the campaigners in the commentary box spending the whole match ignoring that Dangerfield was booed all night because of a late hit that was far worse than what Jonas did to him.

jeez is this not overkill?

Wear masks, get tested and leave straight away.

That's all that's being asked of them so they can have a privilege the rest of the country are not granted and probably under far more stressful personal circumstances?

Seems fine.

Hahaha Pittard coming in and taking out that campaigner Ruggles was probably in the top 5 highlights of his career.
I'm so mad that the cameraman missed that, it was incredible. Like Wile E Coyote getting run over with a steamroller.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back