WA to host the GF?

Should WA host this years Grand Final?

• Total voters
WA shouldn't be allowed to host any major sporting events while hard border McGowan is premier.

As a Queenslander, I already find it bad enough that WA will have a state of origin game next year after repeatedly telling us Queenslanders and also people from New South Wales that we weren't welcome.

If the Grand Final can't be at the MCG, the next best option is Stadium Australia in Sydney. NSW should be rewarded for having a sensible open border policy, and Stadium Australia can fit more than Perth Stadium anyway.

The Hobo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Election has been run and won so now his hard stances have appeared to be thrown out the window
What a load of crap - he was going to win the election regardless. So many bs rumours about the lockdown that happened just before the election being for political reasons, and the hard stance on the AFL etc.

Pre-Covid he was an overwhelming favourite, and you saw the result yourself. Mark had it in the bag, zipped tight and he had no reason to play political games.

The Hobo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am sure you will get a crowd, but that's not the point. You don't deserve to even be considered for the grand final unless you look to let fully vaccinated people in from interstate.

Fully vaccinated people from interstate are allowed in - as are unvaccinated people. If they are from a red zone state, it's via 2 weeks hotel quarantine. Same rule as pretty much every other state (including Victoria). Does that mean Victoria doesn't deserve to be considered for the GF?

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
What a load of crap - he was going to win the election regardless. So many bs rumours about the lockdown that happened just before the election being for political reasons, and the hard stance on the AFL etc.

Pre-Covid he was an overwhelming favourite, and you saw the result yourself. Mark had it in the bag, zipped tight and he had no reason to play political games.

Yeah, Lil Zakky Kirkup conceded the election 2 weeks before it actually occurred. An inanimate carbon rod would have won more seats than the WA Liberals at that point.

And that's without even mentioning "Clivegate".

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
WA shouldn't be allowed to host any major sporting events while hard border McGowan is premier.

As a Queenslander, I already find it bad enough that WA will have a state of origin game next year after repeatedly telling us Queenslanders and also people from New South Wales that we weren't welcome.

If the Grand Final can't be at the MCG, the next best option is Stadium Australia in Sydney. NSW should be rewarded for having a sensible open border policy, and Stadium Australia can fit more than Perth Stadium anyway.
Queensland restrictions and stances have been just as ludicrous throughout the pandemic, with a selfish premier setting a poor example with her vaccine choice to top it off.

Nothing to do with your post I quoted.

Dude, i started the OP. What you stated is irrelevant to a GF discussion which this is about. You saying it won't be a rating winner if it's played at Perth? I was just using some further stats on why it would be a good idea if the G was unavailable. Slow down, think, then think some more, then respond.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Absolutely

I send through a link to our newsletter “McGowan for President, McGowan for God”. This week's edition is about how "work will set you free"

Last edited:

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Didnt Gil make it pretty clear last year that, if the GF couldnt be held at the Gabba, next preference was Adelaide?

Cant see us getting the top gig under any circumstances.

Putting up a border with the eastlings triggers them so hard.

Only wanna come to WA when you can't?
I've done West Coast away twice at Subiaco and Fremantle away at the new stadium before McGowan's hard border.

Now I won't be setting foot in WA until McGowan is no longer premier. Once he's gone though I look forward to doing West Coast away at the new stadium.
Queensland restrictions and stances have been just as ludicrous throughout the pandemic, with a selfish premier setting a poor example with her vaccine choice to top it off.
I hate Palaszczuk as well, that bitch kept me unemployed a lot longer than I needed to be with that ridiculous border closure with NSW and ACT, and I ended up having move south of the border to get back to work in the end. But at least Geelong and Richmond fans were able to do two weeks quarantine in the NT if they wanted to attend the GF last year. NO ONE outside WA would have been allowed to the GF last year if they had have got the GF. Imagine us v Port in Perth with only a few hundred competing fans

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
You can't trust "McClown" in Perth, but the AFL and the MCG's days are numbered, the place is no longer the capital of culture or Sport in Australia. The Grand Final, Grand Prix, Tennis Open, Boxing Day Test should all be considered for re-location for a few years! You can't play the final of Australia's premier competition in a place where it used to happen...

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
I've done West Coast away twice at Subiaco and Fremantle away at the new stadium before McGowan's hard border.

Now I won't be setting foot in WA until McGowan is no longer premier. Once he's gone though I look forward to doing West Coast away at the new stadium.

I hate Palaszczuk as well, that b*tch kept me unemployed a lot longer than I needed to be with that ridiculous border closure with NSW and ACT, and I ended up having move south of the border to get back to work in the end. But at least Geelong and Richmond fans were able to do two weeks quarantine in the NT if they wanted to attend the GF last year. NO ONE outside WA would have been allowed to the GF last year if they had have got the GF. Imagine us v Port in Perth with only a few hundred competing fans

Hahaha
WA wont see you ever again

Don't kid yourself - it would have been a sellout.
You West Australians miss the entire point I was making.

A Grand Final in any state or territory would have sold out. The one in Queensland sold out just after it went to public sale. However anyone in Australia could have theoretically went to the Grand Final, even though Victorians would have been required to quarantine for two weeks in the NT and most of NSW would have had to set up camp in Canberra for two weeks. No-one outside WA would have been able to attend a WA Grand Final. If it had've been us v Port in front of less than 1000 fans that actually went for either team and the other 59000 not giving a s**t about the result it would have just been so s**t.
Hahaha
WA wont see you ever again
Not going to a state that goes into lockdown over ONE case isn't much of a loss.

borat you will never get this afl grand final.png

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
You West Australians miss the entire point I was making.

A Grand Final in any state or territory would have sold out. The one in Queensland sold out just after it went to public sale. However anyone in Australia could have theoretically went to the Grand Final, even though Victorians would have been required to quarantine for two weeks in the NT and most of NSW would have had to set up camp in Canberra for two weeks. No-one outside WA would have been able to attend a WA Grand Final. If it had've been us v Port in front of less than 1000 fans that actually went for either team and the other 59000 not giving a sh*t about the result it would have just been so sh*t.

Not going to a state that goes into lockdown over ONE case isn't much of a loss.

View attachment 1150163

I think that Ass.., was making the point that McGowan will be around for awhile. With the Cockies Party as opposition, ...... well it’ll be awhile before you return to WA.

I think that Ass.., was making the point that McGowan will be around for awhile. With the Cockies Party as opposition, ...... well it’ll be awhile before you return to WA.
I'm expecting at least 8 years minimum, but stranger things have happened in politics. In 2012 Campbell Newman (Liberal) won the Queensland election by a major landslide, leaving Labor with only 7 seats, then goes on to lose the 2015 election and his own seat.

Back