List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s interesting that Elijah Taylor, a troubled but talented young indigenous player is now pretty much lost out of the game.
Was rightly castigated and punished for what he did.
But didn’t Liam Ryan do the same or a similar thing and he is celebrated as the games “most watchable player”?

Ryan was done for drink driving, and then a few weeks later he was investigated for domestic violence, but WC managed to sweep it under the rug and hard to know what really happened.

Taylor was banned from playing AFL this year (e.g. not eligible for the MSD). He is supposedly allowed to play in the WAFL from June onwards. Didn't play last week.

With Fremantle's conservative attitude after being burnt by so many players with off field issues, I would say there is zero chance that we select him even if he plays for Perth and shows something. Maybe WC or Richmond would be possibilities, but I doubt it.

Think the issue for him is that he was in the spotlight as an AFL player. Anyone who paid any sort of attention to the AFL last year knows what he did, and what he did was pretty terrible.

I think he'll show up playing in the WAFL sooner or later, but I think he's lost to AFL Football now
Liam Ryan roughed up his partner not that long ago, after driving under the influence into a tree near his house, after coming home from an away game against Port and immediately hitting the bottle while his partner was caring for a baby.

He is protected though.

Liam Ryan roughed up his partner not that long ago, after driving under the influence into a tree near his house, after coming home from an away game against Port and immediately hitting the bottle while his partner was caring for a baby.

He is protected though.
I had no idea that happened while he was already in the system, wow

I had no idea that happened while he was already in the system, wow

We don't live in the same protected world as the West Coast Eagles players do.

We really need someone to turn Kerry Stokes purple, and I mean that in a supporter sense, not a bloated corpse sense. He controls the primary means with which WA people and by extension the rest of the country find out about the goings on here. If he decides something is good for business, it's all you'll hear about and the opposite is true too.

We don't live in the same protected world as the West Coast Eagles players do.

We really need someone to turn Kerry Stokes purple, and I mean that in a supporter sense, not a bloated corpse sense. He controls the primary means with which WA people and by extension the rest of the country find out about the goings on here. If he decides something is good for business, it's all you'll hear about and the opposite is true too.

its okay Taz - I'm back ;)

It serves no good purpose for guys who have broken the law to be banned from the game keep them in the system and keep trying to rehabilitate them sometimes it takes years but the end result is better for everyone than just pushing them out.

We absolutely have the means to trade for Bolton without losing Cerra.

We have two first round picks at our disposal. We also have the Carlton Martin method. Whether Bolton stipulating he will be based in WA gets him to pick #8 in the PSD instead of pick #3 in the PSD that Carlton had - don't expect so.

What we don't have the ability to do is draft the WA talls in this draft, get Bolton, keep our draft hand intact for next season and keep all our existing players.

There might be something like our first this year and next for Bolton and both Richmond's first round picks.

That would be:
Pick #8 & Pick #8-12 for Bolton, Pick #15 and Pick #16

Then hoping the target talls make it to the late teens.

Is it just me or does this have another disaster written all over it he is a great player but doing it surrounded by great players whole new ball game to come and do it at the Dockers as a small midfielder.

Is it just me or does this have another disaster written all over it he is a great player but doing it surrounded by great players whole new ball game to come and do it at the Dockers as a small midfielder.

Yep , you have to pay for Tigers Bolton but you get Freo Bolton

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Motlop and Benning from our NGA made the squad.

I'm prepared to go on record and predict trading for Bolton would be an unmitigated disaster.

We would pay an exorbitant price and cost ourselves probably two years of first round draft talent, and then I have absolutely no doubt he would come over here and cruise around looking a shadow of his current self.

And having seen first hand some of the unsavoury hangers on following him around when he was a colts player, I also have no doubt his social situation over here would be far less conducive to him being a professional who makes the most of his talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop and Benning from our NGA made the squad.
Who the hell is Benning?

Bazzo or Williams? Almost feel like a CHB is needed tbh.
we need Cerra as well but if he went and we can end up with two firsts for him (Richmond) we may be in a better position. Could then get another kid a key tall and back

There’s gonna be a couple ready made CHB floating around hopefully we can sigh some. Eg - Ben Miller for Richmond

So if Cerra left would we take a mid, Williams and Bazzo?

Who the hell is Benning?
From up North and been playing for Claremont Colts. He's pretty raw but has some good attributes. Like I didn't with Colborne, Chris Walker, Haddow, and Medhat, I'm not going to pencil him (even as a Cat B) until I've seen a fair bit more but crossing fingers as he'd tick a lot of boxes for us if it worked out.

This old article from 2020 shows him along with Dallas McAdam. He's not even 18yo yet.

From up North and been playing for Claremont Colts. He's pretty raw but has some good attributes. Like I didn't with Colborne, Chris Walker, Haddow, and Medhat, I'm not going to pencil him (even as a Cat B) until I've seen a fair bit more but crossing fingers as he'd tick a lot of boxes for us if it worked out.

This old article from 2020 shows him along with Dallas McAdam. He's not even 18yo yet.

197cm 86 kg at 17...good size

Jermaine Pickett's name has finally appeared on the South Freo Colts team sheet for this weekend. After everyone expected Bartlett to play and he then didn't last week Pickett is no certainty to play but great to see he is close to playing again.

He is in our NGA but not one of the players we have access to (I'm not sure why?). He's a great size at ~190cm and comes from a dual basketball and football background (his SF coach says he plays like Liam Ryan). His father was a very good basketballer in the SBL.

Embed didn't work on most of these. Just click Watch on Facebook.

A bit of video of Chase Bourne (Freo NGA prospect for next year)... smart number choice. He was the winner in this round btw.

Jye Amiss and Matthew Johnson in this latest one...

Max Chipper and Luke Polson in this one...

Corey Warner and Luke Brown (best WA tall next year)...

Neil Erasmus and Max Chipper...

Jye Amiss and Josh Browne...

Embed didn't work on most of these. Just click Watch on Facebook.

A bit of video of Chase Bourne (Freo NGA prospect for next year)... smart number choice. He was the winner in this round btw.

Jye Amiss and Matthew Johnson in this latest one...

Max Chipper and Luke Polson in this one...

Corey Warner and Luke Brown (best WA tall next year)...

Neil Erasmus and Max Chipper...

Jye Amiss and Josh Browne...

That kick inside 50 from Bourne was a thing of beauty

He is protected though.

He also pulled out of a pre season Egos camp because it was just too hard ffs!!!!

In the usual WC snow job in the Worst it was all ok, nothing to see. Talk about WA media double standards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back