List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're all big Lions fans and they'll probably stay QLD so i reckon there is a good chance at this happening. Hodge has even talked about it. But who says they'll be good at footy? History tells you there's not a massive chance they'll be AFL standard...

Just have to draft the first one even if they make it and are B grades but not A grade then you should get them all like Collingwood did with the Cloke brothers to keep them out of Richmond hands know the last one was the best.

I just don't see them doing that. Way overs. We'd need a third club involved and another pick or player from us. Or maybe Mitchell and Bruest for their first.

Maybe pay for some of his salary plus a later pick going back. Blues might win a few more and might not end up with 5 anyway. Still a lot of water to go under the bridge.

I'm terrified we don't get a shot at Hodgey's kids if they choose to pursue Aussie rules. (Family staying in Brisbane and they become Brisbane academy kids ala Nick Blakely/Sydney).
That assumes they'll be any good. What are Lauren's blood lines like?

I'm actually more excited about Silk's kids given Amy's family history.

Gunston and Breust have no interest in leaving. Not now, not next year. How many offers have they had from rival club’s over the years?

Breust knocked back the chance to play for Geelong last year and they are seen as contenders and he still said no! Gunston had interest from Collingwood last year and he didn’t want to leave.

We need to accept the fact that they will see out their careers at the Hawks. Almost a decade of high quality service and they both sit in the top 10 Hawthorn goal kickers of all-time.

Gunston and Breust have no interest in leaving. Not now, not next year. How many offers have they had from rival club’s over the years?

Breust knocked back the chance to play for Geelong last year and they are seen as contenders and he still said no! Gunston had interest from Collingwood last year and he didn’t want to leave.

We need to accept the fact that they will see out their careers at the Hawks. Almost a decade of high quality service and they both sit in the top 10 Hawthorn goal kickers of all-time.

i get your point but how ridiculous is it that we 'need to accept' the fact that two of our greatest ever forwards want to stay loyal and see out their careers with the team we love...

That assumes they'll be any good. What are Lauren's blood lines like?

I'm actually more excited about Silk's kids given Amy's family history.
One of my clients kids is at the same school....apparently the boys are athletic freaks , have broken school records etc

Would be nice to nab an elite F/S along the way

Just to underline this.... Straight from the horse's mouth:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-no-intention-of-leaving-20210608-p57z04.html

Last edited:
We have plenty of $$$$ to play with ,surely we will be using that to our advantage in any trade discussions ??
This has to be the go. It happens in American sports all the time. You trade cap space for draft capital. You can get a better draft pick from a contending side with cap issues if you offer to pay some salary.

Won't go to the Hypotheticals here but a player like Tom Mitchell becomes very valuable to other teams if they only pay him 600k a year and we pay 200ish of his salary for the next two.

i get your point but how ridiculous is it that we 'need to accept' the fact that two of our greatest ever forwards want to stay loyal and see out their careers with the team we love...

It is not as if we have a surfeit of experienced forwards. Breust and Wingard are the only ones we have had on the park this year with Gunston missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my clients kids is at the same school....apparently the boys are athletic freaks , have broken school records etc

Would be nice to nab an elite F/S along the way
Just need to keep Port's dirty hands off em

This article makes it sounds like Mitchell won’t be the only player on the market. I’m glad Breust has openly said that he’d like to finish up a one club player because as much as we need to rebuild (high end picks) we still need senior players that want to stay the course. It’s going to be one hell of an interesting offseason that’s for sure.

If Richmond give up two 1sts it'll be for Cerra not Mitchell.
There's any number of scenarios where they'd give up both 1st Rounders, especially if it were in essence a Pick Downgrade for that 2nd 1st Rounder as opposed to handing it over clean.

I.e. If we gave them Collingwood's 2nd Rounder to go with Mitchell & paid X% of his wage, they'd be more inclined to give up both.

First and second-round picks taken
CLUB201520162017201820192020TOTAL
GWS34352320
Brisbane34343118
Gold Coast34144117
Adelaide21134516
North Melbourne33213416
Carlton42322215
Essendon43012414
Fremantle23223214
Sydney12224314
Melbourne20323313
Port Adelaide14034113
Collingwood12121512
Richmond11423112
West Coast22440012
Western Bulldogs32231112
Geelong02313211
St Kilda1232019
Hawthorn2000237

If Richmond give up two 1sts it'll be for Cerra not Mitchell.

Cerra is not helping them the same way Mitchell is. They want someone who can play the role that Prestia is too often injured for, and Cotchin is getting too old for.

That's not Cerra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back