Preview Changes v. Collingwood - Round 13, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

What a conundrum , cement hands or concrete legs . Brown needs to force his way in based on form , not reputation . Might be a different story if we were not 11-1 right now . But we are . Having players at his feet got us 2 goals from Weid spills , but i also think he needs to take his chances with slotting goals or risk losing his spot to B.Brown .

What a conundrum , cement hands or concrete legs . Brown needs to force his way in based on form , not reputation . Might be a different story if we were not 11-1 right now . But we are . Having players at his feet got us 2 goals from Weid spills , but i also think he needs to take his chances with slotting goals or risk losing his spot to B.Brown .
Hard to force in without a VFL

I noticed both Weid and Fritsch in the FF role stayed really deep as the last line. I’m not sure if it is instructed to keep kind of a reverse triangle shape and create space in front or just by chance and bad running patterns. But I didn’t notice that many leads from FF and we don’t bomb in to the top of the square 9 times out of 10 anymore. Still, if he takes his marks he has 5 shots on goal so it was a nearly game.

sh*t team is going to win now because they'll be trying extra hard?
I love how everyone here always loses their minds when someone related to the opposition dies or quits or it’s raining etc because we apparently don’t play well when that happens. Probably my favourite MFC board meme

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how everyone here always loses their minds when someone related to the opposition dies or quits or it’s raining etc because we apparently don’t play well when that happens. Probably my favourite MFC board meme
Additionally, this was already Collingwood's Grand Final so I don't see how it makes a difference.

Not sure why no team has tried sacking their coach the week before the grand final.
Sacking your coach definitely makes it more likely that you’ll play better rather than worse. I’m shocked anyone would think otherwise. We should sack our coach before every game.

The players hate Bucks - why would they try and win for him now?

I'd much rather be playing them now then when they get the inevitable new-coach-bounce

I'd also go after Steele Sidebottom end of year if he wants to play a few more finals before he retires. He's got a few good years in him at a new club. Stick him on a HFF

"They'll probably be fired up because player x signed a new long term contract" is my fave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back