Prediction Which players get traded or delisted at the end of the year?

Which players get delisted or traded at the end of the year?

Oct 19, 2020
With lots of picks in this year's so called superdraft, which players in your opinion will be traded or delisted?
It's an unenviable job but we need to clear 5 to 6 spots.

giphy (36).gif

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
East Fremantle
Egg goes for sure - proven he's not up to it, and no bites from anyone else last year means delisted IMO
Cholly - I just reckon we value CJ more than Chol, and a potential trade as there would be a few clubs keen
Bachar - Retirement (though I get the feeling he thinks he can go on)
Miller/Garthwaite - One will be gone, personally, Miller has shown less, but everyone says the club rates him, so maybe Garth
Stack - Not on ability obviously, but is the club feel is still isn't committed, he may be gone
Parker - As is the case with every mid season pick I reckon, if they he doesn't show us what we want inside 3 months, we simply don't extend

No I preface this by saying I have no clue what each persons contract status is...

Damo80

Jul 11, 2011
Latrobe Valley
Astbury and Houli retire.

DES, Garth and Naish gone.

I'm unsure how the club rates (for differing reasons) the following, who I believe are all out of contract beyond this season: Stack, Ralph-Smith, Cumberland, Martyn (wouldn't shock to see one or two of these be let go, if we really like this draft).

Trade bait: Chol likely to move on (I'd rather keep), KMac could go back to Perth, particularly if we chase Cerra (again, I'd rather keep). And if Aarts and Parker play well, and with MRJ in the wings, it wouldn't be a complete shock to me to see a D Rioli or Castagna moved on if a club came sniffing.

In terms of contracted players, Caddy and Ross spring to mind as two who may be better seeking more opportunity elsewhere.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

I did

Ross - think we might need to move him on both space as well as his list spot going to a draftees contract. Trade

Houli - think it might be his final year sadly, could always give him Eggs spot on the rookie list as a ‘playing’ coach 🤷‍♂️ if he’s interested (might need the space though). Retire

Caddy - I don’t think we can carry a guy on his contract when he spends most of his time in the twos. Plus he’s too good to play twos but we don’t have a spot in the best 22 for him without a massive injury list. Trade

Garthwaite - I’d rather keep Miller if it came down to it. Garth is just not tall enough to be a KPD at AFL level and not athletic enough to play on smaller types even though he has more experience than Miller. Delist

Egg - is what it is. Wasn’t a fan of bringing him back this year. Delist

We will likely lose more because that’s 3 main listers and 2 rookies. One of CCJ or Chol probably maybe Cumberland 🤷‍♂️ Might be a surprise too.

Coach_Required

Feb 19, 2008
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
It's definitely going to be a difficult offseason in regards to our playing list. Current rookies that I think will be promoted onto our list will be Jake Aarts, Marlion Pickett and Chol.

However Chol could be tempted to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Players on our current list that I feel will be rookie listed Will Martyn, Noah Cumberland, Matt Parker and Rhyan Mansell re-rookied.

I think players like Ross and Caddy may be thrown up as trade bait.

Players I think will be delisted are Garthwaite & Eggy.

Will Cotchin go again in 2022 or might he pull a shock retirement? I personally wouldnt be too surprised if he does (family and covid taking its toll) however a huge loss it will be.

Houli, there was talk he was thinking of going again next season but I think its time the club had a real chat to him about life after footy, I just feel he hasnt been the same player this year and I dont think his body will hold up another season, but hey thats my personal view.

G String

Jan 3, 2008
Brighton
It's definitely going to be a difficult offseason in regards to our playing list. Current rookies that I think will be promoted onto our list will be Jake Aarts, Marlion Pickett and Chol.

However Chol could be tempted to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Players on our current list that I feel will be rookie listed Will Martyn, Noah Cumberland, Matt Parker and Rhyan Mansell re-rookied.

I think players like Ross and Caddy may be thrown up as trade bait.

Players I think will be delisted are Garthwaite & Eggy.

Will Cotchin go again in 2022 or might he pull a shock retirement? I personally wouldnt be too surprised if he does (family and covid taking its toll) however a huge loss it will be.

Houli, there was talk he was thinking of going again next season but I think its time the club had a real chat to him about life after footy, I just feel he hasnt been the same player this year and I dont think his body will hold up another season, but hey thats my personal view.
Wouldn't be surprised at all. Astbury and Houli will most likely retire. Egg def gone.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
I'm expecting:
Houli & Astbury to retire
Naish, Egg (r) & Garth (r) delisted
Caddy & Ross as trade candidates

Expecting probably one or two more I don't want to see go traded like Chol or KMac to free up senior list spots for all our picks and required rookie elevations
Though perhaps we can move Cumberland & Martyn to the rookie list in place of a couple we need to elevate

I'm expecting:
Houli & Astbury to retire
Naish, Egg (r) & Garth (r) delisted
Caddy & Ross as trade candidates

Expecting probably one or two more I don't want to see go traded like Chol or KMac to free up senior list spots for all our picks and required rookie elevations
Though perhaps we can move Cumberland & Martyn to the rookie list in place of a couple we need to elevate
This.
although I expect there to be no interest with Ross and he will be delisted.
Also a huge shame for the likes of Cumberland and biggie if they get no vfl form to go by, which would make it two years in a row.

Oct 19, 2020
This.
although I expect there to be no interest with Ross and he will be delisted.
Also a huge shame for the likes of Cumberland and biggie if they get no vfl form to go by, which would make it two years in a row.
I think Naish is the type of player who needs time to strengthen himself up.
I would be surprised if he was let go, I expect a big year from him next year.

Damo80

Jul 11, 2011
Latrobe Valley
I don't think all 6 are genuine rucks.

Nank = Ruck
Soldo = Ruck
CCJ = Key Forward
Chol = Utility
Biggie = Key Defender
Mate = Project Ruck

Exactly. This group is more KPP cover than ruck cover (with the exception of Nank, Soldo & Colina... And Mate is Cat B, so not taking up a list spot or salary cap, if I remember how the Cat B rookies work)

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

CholEstrol

Apr 1, 2016
Went with Ross Caddy* DES Naish.
*not sure if Caddy Will look for a 4th club.
Ross a shame looked the goods pre
Injury.
Garth likely but not yet for mine.