FACT: Nathan Buckley was cursed forever by The Footy Gods after dogging his contract with us

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
yes it was a bit of a big deal at the time and Carey destroyed him and Buxks was moved after halftime from memory .Def played on each other though .
Can’t remember exactly what year it was but it was Carey first game back after a shoulder reconstruction he’d been out for 14 weeks came straight back in and I don’t think he did kick a goal. The next day there was an interview in the paper with Buckley crowing about how to play Carey, he always leads to his left blah blah blah.
no need to say that they tried if the next time they played us and Carey tore bucks a new one and bucks was sent up the ground with his tail between his legs, if someone is clever enough to research this it will all be in print somewhere.
dream on Collingwood supporters fact is their beloved champs accomplishments really add up to nothing but an exaggerated story of the time he played well on an unfit true champion and not much else.

Bugsy Malone

Cancelled
Jul 10, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair enough that North supporters enjoy bagging Buckley, but I would have loved to have seen him playing in our team in the 90's. Buckley kicking it down Carey's throat would have been a awesome site, and I'm sure it would have delivered another flag.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair enough that North supporters enjoy bagging Buckley, but I would have loved to have seen him playing in our team in the 90's. Buckley kicking it down Carey's throat would have been a awesome site, and I'm sure it would have delivered another flag.
So basically you are saying he cost us a flag.

I say two ;)

Can’t remember exactly what year it was but it was Carey first game back after a shoulder reconstruction he’d been out for 14 weeks came straight back in and I don’t think he did kick a goal. The next day there was an interview in the paper with Buckley crowing about how to play Carey, he always leads to his left blah blah blah.
no need to say that they tried if the next time they played us and Carey tore bucks a new one and bucks was sent up the ground with his tail between his legs, if someone is clever enough to research this it will all be in print somewhere.
dream on Collingwood supporters fact is their beloved champs accomplishments really add up to nothing but an exaggerated story of the time he played well on an unfit true champion and not much else.
1996?

Not sure anyone here is denying that - the fact he had two chances and reneged on the deal both times is why we celebrate his non premiership career. Karma.

Bugsy Malone

Cancelled
Jul 10, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Middleweight going up against a heavyweight, similar to when Sheedy put Watson on Carey in 93.

Yep, and he chose the other option, which is this.

Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
OOB
60696966.jpg

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham

He went to the right place for carrying footy god curses.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The problem with Nafe though is he would burn Duck and kick the point himself.

Bugsy Malone

Cancelled
Jul 10, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At
Can’t imagine those two gelling aa teammates- figjam was all footy and duck was a party boy.
At the end of the day it was Buckley's missed opportunity. Both were the ultimate professionals on the field and training track and no doubt the two of them would of had a great working relationship, possibly the best ever.

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure that’s true B,
Was a very disliked player among his own playing group. Remember couple of very good senior players leaving when he became captain.

Back