Preview Round 13 Port vs Pussies, Adelaide Oval, Thursday June 10 7.10pm

Ah12

Club Legend
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Over the last few weeks far too often have i seen us take a mark and have not one or two players presenting for a 15-20m pass. I understand our game plan isnt exactly to control the ball (geelong, west coast) style but to not have any players presenting at the ball and just accepting the long down the line on every occasion is piss poor work ethic imo.

Mar 22, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Carolina Panther's
You can count on one hand the amount of wins we’ve had against these campaigners since 2007, sick of us losing to them!
B5EC0889-42F1-4E76-BC66-2E237F6A3EFD.png

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not sure about having a small as the medical sub. I reckon Garner could plug and play more positions.

Positives and negatives.

Depends on how much coverage you have in the list which I think we have. Houston can go back, Bergman can go anywhere, etc.

We've got on of our most explosive and unpredictable players ready to light it up in the fourth, I'll take that.

EskimoPAFC

Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Geelong paying over $2 with Sportsbet, crazy odds. Geelong should be favourites by any measure.

Geelong have won like one game after the bye in full length seasons under Chris Scott, and they've done that against teams a lot worse than us.

This game is the ultimate test of the rules - its like putting peanut butter on the back of a cat to test whether "peanut butter lands face down" beats "cat lands on its feet".

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Geelong have won like one game after the bye in full length seasons under Chris Scott, and they've done that against teams a lot worse than us.
This keeps being sprouted, but don't believe this is an advantage in any way. In fact I think it is the opposite, they will come out harder, and will have put more focus into the game because of this record.

EskimoPAFC

Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This keeps being sprouted, but don't believe this is an advantage in any way. In fact I think it is the opposite, they will come out harder, and will have put more focus into the game because of this record.
The general theory is that this isn't just a curse it's a chemical thing.

It's specifically due to how their pharma-program works and when they provide certain supplements. It's basically a strategy that says that in order to have the players perform at the pointy end of the season, at some point in the season they need a series of injections that will make it tough for them to perform at peak for a two week period. So they basically do it in the bye meaning the first week doesn't matter and then they are sacrificing most post-bye games, in order to give them optimal performance for the full season.

I've never seen actual evidence of it but it definitely seems statistically significant that there is something going on beyond just mental stuff.

Game against top 4/top 8
Important "8 point game"
Nationally televised game

This has all the ingredients for a Ken Hinkley special

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

This game is the ultimate test of the rules - its like putting peanut butter on the back of a cat to test whether "peanut butter lands face down" beats "cat lands on its feet".

Well the cat would sort of hover, spinning from butter side down to feet side down without actually landing. This would annoy the cat greatly and its swishing tail would propel the cat all the way back to Geelong. Before curfew.

yepits2020

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Us having the psychological edge over Geelong? Never thought I'd see the day.
Still remember the commentators saying in our round 12 loss (drubbing) to Geelong that Geelong want to beat us comprehensively to get the psychological edge over us. Too bad they lost to us in the finals. If we are to make the GF, my feeling is that we must win THIS game. Will be hard with our outs though.

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pray this isn't a repeat of the West Coast, Brisbane and Western Bulldogs debacles, all games with horrific first quarters.

Back