• Poll closed .

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Credit to the blues, fantastic performance all round. Luai on debut was great.

Qld got ALOT of work to do. Disgraceful effort.

They were fantastic. Nobody played poorly for them. Need Welch and Papalii back. Ofahengue is barely first grade standard, let alone Origin standard.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Was yelling at the TV to give Paulo the ball in the 2nd half, finally got onto a few and splattered the qld defence.

Luai wow. Evasive, tough, skilled. Such an improvement on Cody Walker from last year.

Loved Latrell's game. So much speed and power. Was worried he wouldn't get up from that late hit. Really good game.

That try by Safite...just wow. He and Haas just pounded in again and again. That try was well earned.

A final call out to To'o. Will always worry about him under the high ball. But I didn't rate him when I first saw him for Penrith. But he has just grown and grown. All the backs did so many hard working hit ups taking si much pressure off the big boys. I thought it was a great effort, but To'o was the best at that. Amazing number of metres he made in the ruck.

Well done Blues. Next week won't be that margin. Hope they can bring the same effort.

Great performance NSW!
As a maroons supporter, you can't begrudge a team on top of their game putting in a performance like that. Suspect QLD will use this to win game 2 and I hope so as live game threes are fantastic.
Also, lovely having no Fatty and Gus in commentary tonight. Rabbs, Sterlo and Billy is a good trio.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Wonderful from NSW, but some of those scores would have looked a bit soft in a normal NRL game, let alone Origin.

Will Munster have anything to worry about with that petulant kick out? Surely they need him to have any chance in Game 2?

QLD were lucky the ref was a little one sided with the six again rule because the score could of gotten out of control. 8-1 in QLDs favour and they only scored because they received two in quick succession late in the first half that kept them on the NSW line.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
QLD were lucky the ref was a little one sided with the six again rule because the score could of gotten out of control. 8-1 in QLDs favour and they only scored because they received two in quick succession late in the first half that kept them on the NSW line.
Were most for encroachment? Its a funny one, i think it generally indicates that the defensive line is engaged and getting at the ball carrier.

NSW were way way better defensively last night than QLD and i would imagine the average metres gained per set would refelct that.

As a coach youd prefer to give away a couple of those than have your defensive line sitting back on their heels.

Were most for encroachment? Its a funny one, i think it generally indicates that the defensive line is engaged and getting at the ball carrier.

NSW were way way better defensively last night than QLD and i would imagine the average metres gained per set would refelct that.

As a coach youd prefer to give away a couple of those than have your defensive line sitting back on their heels.
5-1 for Ruck Infringements, 3-0 for inside the 10.

It's interesting, I thought the ref had a good game, let the game flow, didn't put anyone in the bin, and was basically unsighted for most of the game, but you would think the infringements would be a little more even or favour NSW considering the flow of the game. QLD were a defensive rabble for most of the 80 minutes last night yet were somehow able to hold their defensive structure (sort of) and were fair in the ruck, while NSW were struggling to get back in defence and applying dirty tactics in the ruck. It's a little bizarre to me.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
5-1 for Ruck Infringements, 3-0 for inside the 10.

It's interesting, I thought the ref had a good game, let the game flow, didn't put anyone in the bin, and was basically unsighted for most of the game, but you would think the infringements would be a little more even or favour NSW considering the flow of the game. QLD were a defensive rabble for most of the 80 minutes last night yet were somehow able to hold their defensive structure (sort of) and were fair in the ruck, while NSW were struggling to get back in defence and applying dirty tactics in the ruck. It's a little bizarre to me.
NSW controlled the ruck and got to the ball carrier more.

If anything the penalties are not at all suprising.

QLD were sitting on their heels on defence and letting the NSW team play the ball at speed, hence less penalties.

NSW were rushing the line and slowing QLD play the ball down, both signs of better defence.

I completely agree though, refs were good.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Back