News It's Official: Darcy Fogarty and Lachie Murphy re-sign for 2 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Two good signings. Fogarty gets a shot to really cement himself as the number 2 key forward in our set up in the post Tex world. Murphy had a good year and at worse is good coverage if McHenry gets injured/or falls apart as a prospect.

Cop that those Murphy doubters, obviously highly valued within the the 4 walls of the AFC. Several of Smurph's takeaways from both centre bounces and stoppages have been the cleanest and highest quality of any of our mids this season....not just a small pressure forward!!!

I find it hard to believe we'd re-sign a forward that only averages 8 disposals a game.

We all know disposals are the most important metric for a key position forward and not being able to hit that 12-15 mark... look my fears are we've re-signed another Mackay

2 years for Fog.

giphy.gif

2 years for Murph.

BetterWarlikeBluewhale-max-1mb.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year I would have been pretty disappointed in re-signing Murphy for 2 years, but not this year.

With Rowe looking like a low-ceiling player, Murphy might have a bit more of a future in our side

Absence certainly does make the heart grow fonder.

Jimmy Rowe has a significantly higher ceiling over Lachlan Murphy. Let’s not forget that Rowe is only 21.

Cop that those Murphy doubters, obviously highly valued within the the 4 walls of the AFC. Several of Smurph's takeaways from both centre bounces and stoppages have been the cleanest and highest quality of any of our mids this season....not just a small pressure forward!!!

He's turned me around. Happy to have him for 2 more years.

Absence certainly does make the heart grow fonder.

Jimmy Rowe has a significantly higher ceiling over Lachlan Murphy. Let’s not forget that Rowe is only 21.
Murph actually brings some forward pressure. His recent cameos in the midfield weren't too shabby either. Rowe is more skilled than Murphy but offers nothing in the way of forward pressure. I don't like either of them that much tbh. Both limited players who are just placeholders until we find our next Cameron. I prefer Murph though. I'll take an honest but limited player over a downhill skier like Rowe any day.

I am very happy with the two years for Fog.

I am not a Murphy fan to be honest so I admit I am biased. I think one year was all he needed. No other club would of wanted him. He is not AFL standard so I think eventually he will be replaced but having said all that, good luck to him. He seems a good guy off the field.

Murph actually brings some forward pressure. His recent cameos in the midfield weren't too shabby either. Rowe is more skilled than Murphy but offers nothing in the way of forward pressure. I don't like either of them that much tbh. Both limited players who are just placeholders until we find our next Cameron. I prefer Murph though. I'll take an honest but limited player over a downhill skier like Rowe any day.
I actually prefer murph in the midfeider.. simply doesnt hit the scoreboard enough to be a small forward..

Would also like to see him tried off half back at times.

Happy with both guys.

Massive Fog fan, happy tge club giving him proper chances to succeed now.

Been a supporter of Murphy since day one. Seeing him now transition into a secondary mid is great development. He really does not have the goal nous to be a true small forward. But is decent in traffic and a great tackler.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I don't think there was any doubt the club valued him, I think there is plenty of doubt over the clubs List Management.

The easy question is if we delisted him would anyone else pick him up?

Last year I would have been pretty disappointed in re-signing Murphy for 2 years, but not this year.

With Rowe looking like a low-ceiling player, Murphy might have a bit more of a future in our side
Doesnt this show you that you need to give players time to develop?

Murphy had far exceeded my expectations this year, far better player than I expected.

So you would hope that with 20 more games under his belt, Rowe will also improve?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back